Del Mesa Carmel Management reviews

Lots of wasted potential
CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  Carmel-by-the-Sea, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Del Mesa Carmel has a lot of potential to be a great place, but lacks leadership and vision in upper management and the wages are stagnant. They subscribe to an old boys club mentality.
Great place to work at
Driver (Former Employee) –  Carmel Valley, CASeptember 14, 2015
When I started working here, I started only working on the weekends. Then I was giving some extra days, but still not full time. The Management was great to work with as well the retired residents living at the property. After a short time of being with Del Mesa, you are given a 401K retirement that you can pitch into and they will match a percentage.
Pros
Management and staff
Cons
nothing
Excellent and lively community
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Carmel-by-the-Sea, CAAugust 17, 2014
A typical day at work would be as followed,

Residents inquiring about social events and activities. Residents would be discussing their budgets and balances. Management was very involved and would allow me to participate in meetings. The team was very meticulous at the front desk. The hardest part of the job was not being able to assist residents with certain medical conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning so many fascinating things about the residents. I learned a lot of diversity. I learned more about peoples culture, their ethics and their personality.
Pros
Active retirement community, Residents participated in bowling, swimming, movies and dance, Residents shared their background
Cons
Not being able to assist a resident with an emergency or chronic health condition, Losing someone, Residents moving away.