Del Sol Medical Center - El Paso Employee Reviews

2.4
Ratings breakdown
great place
Wound Care RN (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 5, 2018
Staff was great. Patient care was amazing. Team work was awesome
Administration sometimes put incredible pressure on our supervisors . causing a toxic enviroment.
Fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 5, 2018
Great team work! Very nice managers and co-workers! Everthing was showed to me by other co-workers as well as management and were really patient when it came to teaching me to clean certain areas.
Pros
They treat you nice and equal to others
Cons
Really short breaks
I do not recommend
Employee (Former Employee) –  Del Sol Medical CenterMay 5, 2018
Antagonistic work environment. Widespread practice in favoritism, and micromanagement from Administration team with their Directors/Managers/Supervisors. Healthy work environment and TRUST does not apply to their lower management team unless you are directly favored by Administration. Furthermore, company loyalty and long-term service is not valued. Poor communication skills are a common practice within all levels of Del Sol Medical Center. Unrestrained preoccupation with financial gain, in that the interest lies in the bottom-line, not their hard working people. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend working at Del Sol Medical Center.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Excellent caring staff
Cons
Micromanagement, Poor administrative leadership, Favoritism
Not recommended to work there
nurse (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 5, 2017
The supervisors are ranked among the worse in el paso. They will be verbally abusive to their nurses,you will be harassed and make you feel bullied. do not go there
Pros
Cons
Abusive and mistreated environment
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 1, 2017
Holiday differential of 2 dollars is absurd. Cooperation needs to revise that part. Other than that it’s the best place to work’ my colleagues and managers are really helpful.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 3, 2017
Poor management! Management is overworking staff to increase revenue at the cost of burning out the nurses. Team work is essential however management is not focused on process improvement they are focused on making the numbers regardless of the high turnover that is experienced at Del Sol. I hope that management improves at Del Sol because El Paso patient deserve high quality healthcare.
Pros
I made good friends at Del Sol.
Cons
Worked to many hours and a lot of on-call because they refused to higher more nurses.
Productive, and fun place to work
Nursing Student/nurse aid (Clinical Rotation) (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 7, 2017
I enjoyed working here because the nurse manager was helpful he educated me when i didn't know stuff. I was able to practice my nursing education here.
Pros
Relax place to work
Cons
There were some negative people working like in many other jobs.
good place to work if you enjoy being a brown nose
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Good pay but you will be stressing every single time you go into work, fun place to work? Look somewhere else, if you join them, do NOT mess with the supervisors or any management if you dont want to get fired.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
everything else
Fun place to work
Computer tech tier 2 (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 5, 2017
Extremely lovely place to work they will teach you everything you will need to do your job as will they work with you an help you understand anything that you do not grasp when learning your job .
Fast pace stressful
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 7, 2017
Good pay but over worked. Management was poor and not enough staff to cover positions. Asked to work day to cover for people but no one covered back. Change schedule from time to time
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 8, 2017
I work in an outpatient clinic. Del Sol Wound Care Center, I learned teamwork is very important to accomplish your goals, also I learned medical terms regarding wounds (pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers, venous stasis ulcers) I enjoy working with patients to help them an any way possible.
Horrible place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  3 southFebruary 21, 2017
The management is really bad!! They are really rude!! And arrogant I'll never recommend this place to work no even has patient!!
Pros
Cons
Everything!! Never work here
Do not work here
ER Employee (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 27, 2016
Pay is the worst amongst the rest of the hospitals in El Paso. Talk about 3 percent raises.
Promotions are rare unless you kiss a.s.s to your superiors. Better off getting promoted at McDonald's.
Work - life balance is ignored. Say bye to your family.
Experience is great when you are in the ER and you are a man for yourself.
Management's focus is numbers, yes numbers and your (non life threating) errors.
You will become management's maid or cha-cha in spanish.

They need to clean house, beginning with management, team leads, and supervisors.
Pros
Cons
They NEVER punish team leads or management
Toxic Work Environment
DSMC (Former Employee) –  El PasoOctober 12, 2015
Older employees are extremely negative, management is very unprofessional. Management likes to belittle employees every chance they have.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement, no structure
ER is overwhelming but enjoying
EMT (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TxMay 23, 2014
I worked there for many years and yes some of the management needs improvement, I was very loyal to my work in the ER unit to me it was home, made a lot of friends with the patients and coworkers. Management has the tendency to let go some really good employees I think that's why there ratings are so low.
Pros
Good ER Dr's
Cons
Management needs an overhaul
Horrible managers and upper management. Run away from this place.
RN (Former Employee) –  El Paso TxApril 14, 2013
Serious issues going on at this place. Management crosses the line with mistreatment and harrassment of employees but use their legal team to intimidate and terminate employees. There is nothing nurse friendly here. Don't be fooled. Run the other way. Many other choices to find employment. Nurses do not deserve to be mistreated and intimidated. Management should be investigated for their behavior and workplace harrassment. Simply put...it's terrible.
Pros
truly, there are none.
Cons
aweful management and nurse friendliness. horrible work environemnt and harrassment.