Del Sol Employee Reviews

Not a good job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Luis, AZMay 28, 2019
I don’t have a long time working here but for the months I have been working here I can say it’s not a good one. You get no benefits not paid time off and no sick time off. You have to take a doctors note or your not excused. Another this this job has the worst schedule so you won’t have any time off. There is times they’d set my schedule to work 4 hours a day for 7 days and 6 hours shift the whole next week and I still can’t hit 40 hours. They had my on schedule for 12 days in a row just because they had me as 4 hours a day for one week. I feel like I never get days off and they are far on between. Also you only get one day off. The manager that works at my store really sucks and she gets on my nerves. I dread going to work. If you need to make money and need your own time this place is not for you it’s just going to put your mental health at risk.
Pros
Cons
No paid time off, no sick hours, no/ lame benefits, no opportunity to advance, bad schedule.
Wanting a better job opportunity
Loading funiture (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 8, 2019
It was OK a bit unfair On ours very humble people And respectful Great prices usually same day deliveries open throughout the year almost willing to work with people
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Auxiliar de Departamento (Current Employee) –  Nuevo LeónFebruary 5, 2019
Tiene bien ambiente de trabajo.
9 horas y una de comida
One language barrier with no supervision
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Somerton, AZJanuary 22, 2019
The company mostly spoke Spanish due to its location and self advertisement it would promote onto itself. With little to no supervision you had to know your work well because no one is around. Due to this, I was welded into a phenomenal worker that has excitement and passion for whichever field of work I go into.
Good Work Environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLJanuary 20, 2019
For this job, I had a lot of independence. I would open and close the store by myself, count the drawer, make the deposit, and work the register for 12 hour shifts. It's a great job that lets me do my homework when it is slow and also has a flexible schedule.
It was just at part-time job with no benefits.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SC 29577December 15, 2018
It was just a job while I finished getting my associate's degree. There is not much that I can say about this place, it is under new management and ownership.
Pros
There are no pros.
Cons
There are no cons.
Waitress
HOST/ WAITER (Former Employee) –  Point Richmond, CANovember 21, 2018
Showed me to work in a fast phase, greet patient and learned how to manage time. How is important to work as a team. Management trusted me working independently.
Good place to work.
SALES (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIOctober 22, 2018
The store sells clothing that changes colour in the sun. Neat right? Yes. But there are 3 sun tables that are on at all times giving off all sorts heat, so be prepard for that.
Pros
Good hours and coworkers.
Cons
The heat is not 'cool.
Fun workplace, great environment
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCOctober 9, 2018
Loved working there, I even learned a little Spanish while there! Everyone was always positive and in an upbeat mood. Manager was great and the food was even better.
Pros
2 hour breaks
It was a Great Place to Work and It had Great People
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Skagway, AKSeptember 18, 2018
I learned a lot about Customer service and making sure that everyone is finding what they need and having a memorable experience. My manager was amazing and really wanted s to learn and become better. He would let us have shifts managing so that we could increase our skills and understand of managing. He encouraged us to have it be our store.
Pros
Good People, Fun Places, Fun Product
Cons
Internship
Overall good
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCJuly 16, 2018
Good people to work with, just at the time was not right for me. It is a very busy place so you do have to be quick but once you get the hand of it, all is good.
Stressful with horrible management.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Somerton, AZJuly 12, 2018
Worked 6 days a week with a random day off. There was only one good supervisor who made sure everything was running smoothly, unfortunately he's no longer working for Del Sol. The one in charge of the stocking dept. often threaten employees with write ups even though they didn't deserve one to begin with.
Pros
lunch space, full time
Cons
No breaks, stressful
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 5, 2018
Del sol was an okay job. I wouldn't say it was something i would do long term but it paid the bills. I made good memories there with the customers and learned about different products.
Del sol
Sales and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 24, 2018
Great opportunity to live somewhere new and different. I learned a lot about myself and others and what I wanted out of it. It depends on who you are as a person.
Best Company I've ever worked for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIFebruary 10, 2018
Del Sol is the most exciting company that i worked for. They care about their employees. We have year round bonuses and incentives. Del Sol rocks!!!!!
Pros
Free Food, Cash Bonuses
Cons
Not enough locations
Fun to place to work, seasonally busy, ok pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 31, 2018
Great place to work, Very fun when busy, but this is only about 50% of the year. Being in a tourist area, you get to meet lots of new folks every day, show them the fun product. Daily you spend time stocking, but it is mainly about the Customers! Show & Tell kinda atmosphere. Usually happy, but sometimes not. Wide range of ages in the staff, but everyone works together well and make the day fun, but not much 'hanging out' which is fine.

Probably the downside is that there is little room for growth, but it is a great place to refine your personal interaction and selling skills.
They pay average for the area BUT do have good bonus and incentives if you work hard and help store manager hit goals.

In the summer we were joined by corporate Interns who brought a fresh feel to the store.
Pros
Competitive pay, bonuses, fun
Cons
seasonal, not much chance of advancement
Enjoyed my responsibilities but very Unprofessional
Site Surveyor, Design and Permitting (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Great office environment. I really enjoyed my responsibilties.
Unfortunately my boss would sometimes say or do very unprofessional things that made me very uncomfortable. I take proffesionalism seriously and this want not a person I was proud to work for.

**Please note** there are a few companies by the same name.
This is Del Sol NRG of Brentwood California
Pros
Great office environment. I really enjoyed my responsibilties.
Cons
unprofessional behind closed doors
Fun in the sun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 24, 2017
I would say Del Sol was one of my favorite jobs ever! Selling color changing product itself was enough for me. I think it was the job where i fell in love with customer interactions. The job wasn't hard at all. I think the company drastic and rapid changes were probably my least favorite part of the job. For the most part Del Sol was like fun in the sun.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
not enough recognition
Fun place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDSeptember 2, 2017
It is a good place to work. The managers are very nice. If you need time off or can't come in there try to work with you. And give you a good amount of hours during the day and or nights. And if you need to go on a break all you need to do is let them know all in all it's a good place to work and I would definitely recommend it.
Not a company to begin a career with.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 14, 2017
Ive worked with the company a total of two years. Lack of management, poor communication, and for the most part they use intimidation towards poor job security as a way to motivate their associates to follow their guidelines. Completely unsanitary as well as unsafe. Would never reconsider returning back to the company even under new ownership.