Del Taco Employee Reviews

Found 1,156 reviews matching the search See all 1,158 reviews
fast paced environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 18, 2018
definitely a great experience to have under my belt, learning the menu all the way to satisfying customers needs. I would recommend to someone who is in college definitely
Good for part time experience
Cashier and crewmember (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 17, 2018
Del taco can be a very nice part time experience. It has wonderful people working part time hours. However, the full time staff is considerably overworked, and there is the obvious little room for advancement that every food chain has.
This location in particular is very busy, so beware of the extra shifts and rush hours to come. Part time staff is obligated to learn to work fast, and mistakes are punishable by consumer frowns and coworker's complains, as with any other fast food chain. People will be helpful, but work will sometimes be unforgiving.
Del Taco
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CA 92886July 17, 2018
Del Taco is the first company that I have ever worked for. I quit back in 2015 and had decided to come back in 2018. The managers yell when it is unnecessary. They push people out if the way when they are doing something that the manager would like to do themselves. The employee discount is very limited. If your order for your meal is over $6; one item will be removed from your order and you will be forced to pay full price. Del Taco's Human Resources does not care about their employees, I had called four times, leaving messages regarding that I have questions and was never responded to. We get mistreated by customers and a lot of them our rude so if you don't like being treated like nothing. It is not suggested to work for a Del Taco. The coworkers seems to always be chill, but that's pretty much one of the only pros.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
horrible discounts, human resources, management
Lack of leadership
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 16, 2018
Management is always on different pages and are never consistent. Management never shows recognition in it's employees for meeting goals. Trying to get management to conduct store meetings with employees to discuss achievements and game plans proves to be a strugle. Improvement desperately needed.
fast paced
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CA 91773July 16, 2018
Del Taco is a great first job but has little advancement. The employees are friendly and mostly work well with each other. Management is very laid back
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
unorganized
Great Co-workers
Part-time cashier (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJuly 16, 2018
Co-Workers are really helpful and nice and they try to welcome you in. They also help you out on getting the hang of the job. It’s a nice place to start off as a first job and to get job experience.
ability to run as if it was your own
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Reno , Sparks, Carson City, NVJuly 15, 2018
review numbers
set plans
achieve goals
bask in others success
Hire Train
build schedules
execute to success
build your own team
work with other departments on projects
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
unrealistic budgets
Fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 14, 2018
Co workers made it easy to learn. Friendly environment to work in. Typical day waiting for customers to arrive, maintain the store front clean, make sure workstation is clean and free of debris
Great work environment.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 14, 2018
Del Taco was a great experience to learn and grow with the company, they offer many positions to grow into when being ready to move up. Working there they teach you a lot of food safety and food preparation.
Pros
Great place to grow in
Cons
People not showing up to work
Great work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403July 13, 2018
I worked the morning shifts which I loved! Handled the drive through and the counter for morning customers. Cleaned and restocked for the lunch crew to come in.

Want to know more about Del Taco?

Ask a question
ok company to work for
Sales Cash Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJuly 12, 2018
work was stressful but enjoyable, the hardest part of the job was not getting enough feedback from the field managers, I learned to balance the different restaurants sales cash, what documents were needed day to day to make it possible.
Pros
Casual attire, friendly co workers, nice break room, free beverages and snacks
I liked working here
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 12, 2018
Del Taco was one of the best fast food places I've worked at I enjoyed it
The staff was great
The crew was great and we all worked together
The customers loved me and I loved them
Fast food is never perfect but it was a first real job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 12, 2018
It was fast past because they did not have enough workers ever. But I learned a lot there as in the cash register and I was always good at customer service and knew it was temporary.
Pros
Learned from the experience
Cons
Low on staffing
Productive and fun atmosphere
Cook (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJuly 11, 2018
it all depends on the time of day on a typical day at work. learn to be a little quicker at the job. management is good. hardest part of my job would be putting truck away. culture is awsome. the most enjoyable part of day would be laughing and joking with co-workers thru out our shift.
Cons
no affordable heath insursance
very trusted team we are
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CAJuly 10, 2018
anna is a excellent boss just stay quick paced no hoursing around and remember to come in on time no embaqrrssments or no putdowns and follow rules and push the issue talk about power shes fair always and considers your opinion and lets you work but beat the clock and I obey
Pros
stay enrgized
Cons
fun and delicious food
Truly depends on your situation.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Menifee, CAJuly 9, 2018
I am a high school student with extracurricular activities. I value my job & take my responsibility very seriously; however, it feels as if I’m never given time to enjoy myself. For starters, my school waver only allows me to work 20 hours a week. Perfect for a busy high school student who also needs time for homework, sports, tutoring, & social liberty. Yet, I often work almost 30 hours every week. More than I legally should be. It gets exhausting.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
Inconsistent & unstable schedules
Very good work enviroment
Cooks (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 9, 2018
Very good work enviroment, cleaning, cashier, customer service.
Pros
Very good work enviroment
Cons
Na
Del Taco
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 8, 2018
To be honest working at Del Taco was very stressful and lacked in communication especially from higher management. If there was a problem with equipment it would take take days to fix maybe even months. Training is very scarce within the company as well. One day it would be one way, the next it would be another.
Pros
50% meals
Cons
management, stress, and communication
productive team
Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CA 92882July 5, 2018
Del taco will give you the opportunity to become what position is best for you. The managers will work with your hours , communication is a must. the harder the work you put in the more hours they will give you. if you slack off it will think that you dont need the hours. always out your best and always smile when customers are around.
Pros
50% lunch for employees only when you work, free lunch for managers, great hours
Cons
breaks arent always on time or too early, alot of cleaning, must work fast as possible because of the timer
Good place for a season
SHIFT MANAGER (BI-LANGUAL) (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 3, 2018
This was a good place to work for a time. Unfortunately having kids and needing higher wages and benefits is not in the works even at the higher levels of management.
Pros
Flexiable schedules
Cons
Stability