Del Taco Employee Reviews

Found 1,408 reviews matching the search See all 1,410 reviews
Would not recommend to work at del taco
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2019
This place has inconsistent shift hours they tell you that your working from 10am to 6pm but send you home at 2pm that's pretty much every week with everyone, except managers. There is no communication and they expect you to do everything in 5 mins and overall is a bad job.
Pros
Cons
Homeless, shift hours, lack of communication
job is alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 16, 2019
i would only work for del taco if it was going to be my first job right out of high school. not the best for long term as there is little no advancement with in the company
Its okay if you're desperate for a job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 15, 2019
A typical day is opening register, stocking everything (making hot and iced coffee, hot sauce packets, shake machine, mini fridge, drive through stock and dining stock) while helping customer and getting yelled at and insulted by managment.
Can be a great workplace with the right co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAApril 14, 2019
This job is very fast paced, and you always have to be on your toes for you can never know if you are going to have a good happy customer or otherwise. Great to practice self restraint.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Hardly any breaks, and no overtime.
unprofessional Area Directors
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAApril 12, 2019
Area directors do not appreciate hard working people, they rather have someone kiss their behinds in order to advance positions. Area directors pretend to be professional but are not, they degrade employees.
Pros
free food
Cons
free food for management only
Good culture
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 11, 2019
I feel like del Taco was a good place to work because there were a lot of regulars that came in and I got to know some of them and even knew their order. Also the managers were nice and thoughtful of their employees
Pros
Discounts
Great first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAApril 10, 2019
A great learning experience, and ways to get better in handling cash. A typical day is running the floor for any mess, and helping any customer that needs help.
was really cool
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMApril 10, 2019
being able ot work with people is fun for me i'm a people person love working with lots of people i would take orders serve drinks tke payments of cash credit cards or gift cards and give change abck
Great work environment
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAApril 9, 2019
I was a great place to work but not many hours were given due to all of the new people being hired, but over all it was a great experience and a great first job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Schedule
Maz o menos
Taco bar (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAApril 7, 2019
Pues muy larga pero aveces no hay mucho beneficios para uno
Pros
Nada
Cons
Todo
Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 3, 2019
It wasn’t a hard job, It was pretty easy. The co-workers and Manager was nice and helpful. I just didn’t like the fact that i didn’t get many hours, And the only reason i was working was for hours and to make money.
Del taco is amazing
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAApril 2, 2019
Del Taco is a wonderful place to work amazing workers amazing customer service and management is amazing..... I’ve enjoyed my time working for Del Taco
Great co workers poor management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZApril 2, 2019
I learned how to prepare all of the food , and all of the new promos that came in I learned very fast. I worked 8-10 hour days. Usually 5-6 days a week. Sometimes having 2 days off a week but not all the time.
Pros
employee meals if you work a certain number of hours a day.
Cons
30 min breaks
Great and fun and fast pace to work at
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 1, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at del taco, it’s a very fast paced to work at, your time flies by and the employees and customers are what I got attached too the most
Extremely stressful and a very bias management.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CA 90660March 29, 2019
Well honestly it would be a swell place to work if it wasn't for our new manager we received. His egotistical personality really conflicted with a lot of my coworkers. Also i found out myself he paid some workers more than other workers, more specifically his little brother and his girlfriend and friend. Giving them a bigger pay per hour and giving them all the hours. He even got 2 HR reports. Despite the new manager breaking the employees apart, i gained a lot of work ethic in this fast paced environment.
The workers are nice
Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2019
The workers were nice and fun but the gm didn't do what she would promise you like with pay or moving people up jobs. I had all my video done to get my rise and I didn't get a rise for 2 months and than I quit
Good experience, but poor management.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CAMarch 25, 2019
I loved my job because it gave me experience with customers and skills to use in the work force, but the management was poor. Scheduling was always a problem, I never knew my hours unless I asked before I left. There was a printed schedule, but not one of the workers EXCEPT managers knew where it was located and when asked they usually didn't actually have it in the store. I'm a stickler for proper timing and clear scheduling, other than that, my job was wonderful.
Pros
discounts, experience
Cons
poor scheduling
Very fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Barstow, CAMarch 25, 2019
Everyone i have worked with at Del Taco has been a great experience. The management is great and they always attend to whatever it may be that an employee may need.
Nope
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 25, 2019
Was not a good place to work. I got hired on as a cashier. Everybody didn't like everybody. You would be on duty and just when your shift was about to end someone would call in and you would have to stay and work a double shift. You get stuck with the most ridiculous tasks. I remember I worked from 12pm to 8pm and have to do a double so I didn't leave till 8am and let's just say I was running on fumes. Costumers are not nice and my schedual hours got less and less every week until I was only working once a week.
Pros
You can make your own food
Cons
Low Pay, low hours, management, costumers, employees
Wasn't as bad as you'd think.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAMarch 22, 2019
Working for Del taco was never a bad experience for me. The customers weren't the big problem more of lack of drive from other managers. The General Managers I had the pleasure of meeting and working with we're great people and helped you feel a part of a team.