Del Taco Employee Reviews

Found 1,429 reviews matching the search See all 1,431 reviews
Very productive, fast-paced, and fun work space.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAMay 17, 2019
My time at Del Taco was great. I worked really hard from the time I started til the time I had to leave. I met a lot of great people including staff and customers, but my manager was a little too nice to his employees. Overall great experience.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
A lot of people called off
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAMay 16, 2019
This place was a good place to work It was fun had no problem with people love the customers anytime that I need time off they were willing to give it to me Had no problem with this place
Not a good environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westchester, CAMay 16, 2019
My time at del taco was pretty trash but it’s a good first job. I dealt with countless rude customers every day and night and even some employees too. I do wonder how I even lasted that long. The only thing I looked forward to was leaving work and the minimum wage checks I got every other week.
Pros
Free lunch or 1/2 off
Cons
Rude customers
Stressful and Competetive
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 15, 2019
Del Taco involved a lot of stressful situations, requiring patience to handle the overwhelming orders coming through. The most enjoyable part of the job was good feedback from my manager.
a typical day at work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMay 15, 2019
multiple schedule changes, no show no call employees
incompetent management, no enough employees scheduled for peak hours of operation, foul language unacceptable work environment
Good job for while in school
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 15, 2019
I work here while going to school.
Manager doesn't always work well with school schedule
Many of coworkers are dramatic and will talk about you infront of you in a different language
Cons
Short breaks, drama
Fast-paced work enviroknment
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAMay 13, 2019
It is OK, I guess. Nothing too special. As a part-time job, it works, but as a career, not for me. As a first job, I would not recommend it, it puts too much pressure on a first-time employee.
Productive and fun
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CAMay 11, 2019
Its really easy going type of job once you get the hang of it and if you have good customer service. I learned many things from being a cook and from the managerial position.
Pros
fun, easy going, flexible
Cons
much room for moving up on positions
Dream job
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAMay 4, 2019
Since I started del taco as a team member I knew I wanted move up in the company it’s always a great feeling to want to go too work I know I’ll always have a home here
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Can’t wear Acrylic nails, my hands feel so ugly lol and we work with our hands !!!!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 2, 2019
Fast pace environment
Manager really comprehensive chill nice
friendly environment
Sometimes it can be stressful specially on taco Tuesdays and Thursday
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Non Pay vacation
Honestly it was alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 30, 2019
My G.M was horrible and quite mean to everyone except the customers. My co-workers were awesome and they made my shifts much better. The other managers were mostly pretty cool except for a few who were rude. Sometimes our G.M would change the hours and not tell a few of us of the change. She expected you to come in every day in the morning if you had an evening shift to check the schedule which I couldn't do.
Pros
Food discounts, Awesome co-workers
Cons
Terrible G.M
Typical Non-caring Corps-or-ation!!
GM (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2019
It was a bad choice to begin employment with this "fast-food obsessed" business - only.

ALL they (the human animals behind the del-taco corps-or-ation) care about, is their margin calls ** $$$$** - nothing but profiteering fraudulent, phonies, fabricating, farces, fallacies, façades, fictions, falsehoods, fakes, and fronts!!
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Stay away - far away. Not only from working there, But eating there!!
Stressed
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAApril 26, 2019
I was excited to start working but after getting adjusted the managers personalities flipped. They would put too much pressure on you to complete orders in under a minute. The schedules were messed up too. I hated the way customers were treated. Management was very poor.
Pros
You work with friends
Cons
The timer
Bad all the way around
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 24, 2019
Del Taco is the worst always understaffed Managers work like slaves
Very long shifts no breaks. Upper management is rude no help. I would not recommend to anyone
Cons
A normal fast food kitchen.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORApril 23, 2019
I would clock in and start making burritos on the screen. They would have everyone knowing their jobs before they even got there so one would get there and just start. They would inform you of your breaks as they came and then tell you to have a good day to let you off. A little conversation here or there but mostly just communication about how to get the food out fast.
Pros
half off food
Cons
only half off up to three dollars
Del Taco is great.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAApril 23, 2019
Though my store has its share of employee drama, we sure know how to work together. My team is great. I was promoted to manager 6 months into my career here.
Not the best
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIApril 23, 2019
It was a decent start job. I got along well with my co workers however I was not thrilled with the management. The hardest part of the job was the meal prep.
Mis-managed and stressful but an ok starting job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDApril 22, 2019
Pretty much a basic fast food job. Not much to be said. The job environment isn't bad but upper management never seems to have a plan for anything and things tend to fall apart. General Managers are always being swapped between stores and often times one store just will not have one. You can imagine how well that goes.
Pros
Flexible hours, good environment
Cons
Horrible upper management, lack of benefits, low pay, high turnover
Some mangers were bad at managing
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 22, 2019
On a day to day basis i would work on the cashier position but also other tasks. I would keep the restaurant stocked and clean and cleaned the dishes during night shift. The hardest part of the job was dealing with bad attitude and ignorant customers and making them satisfied.
Pros
Friendly staff, Good team work
Cons
Stressful from time to time
This job is not recommended
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIApril 22, 2019
a typical day at del taco involves you carrying out your job. i was almost always positioned on taco bar with long hours ranging from 11am to 9pm, no breaks unless it was really slow or if you were a minor.

To say the least, taco bar, drive threw, prep, just the whole place in general is stressful. A majority of the time i was there, we were understaffed most days.

When rushes hit and we got busy real fast it was difficult to keep up with making orders for both drive and inside, not to mention we had a timer goal set by corporate or who ever that we had to be constantly on our toes of, most of the time not reaching the goal and exhausting yourself mentally and physically in the process. Some days we'd be busy all day.

I felt so bad somedays because there would be customers in the lobby who'd end up waiting ten to fifteen minutes for they're order while we were trying to tackle these huge monster orders in drive threw.

I rarely got days off unless i talked to management about scheduling me for less hours, and even then it'd be about 2 days off for the next week or two and then the schedule would go right back to painfully long days and weeks with only a day to rest.

On days that i requested off, sometimes for medical or personal reasons, or even just for a bit of a break, i remember being called and asked to come in, feeling guilty if i didn't cuz i knew how stressful that place gets.

Oh, and a lot of people liked to call off at the location i worked at. I could understand why, but it just made it stressful for others scheduled that day, and it wasn't fair
  more... to them.

I learned fast food isnt for me, it sucks as a career.

management was okay for the most part. The managers were easy going relateable and understanding people, and a majority of them were nice to work with.

The hardest part of the job is pushing yourself to keep working there and putting up with the small yet huge expectations they have.

the only enjoyable part of working there was the coworkers. we had a good team bond.

i don't recommend this place to anyone unless you need the money.
Pros
free drink. thats it.
Cons
no breaks, pressure to get things done fast as you can, impossible timer goals, never ending rushes in the summertime and winter