Del Taco Employee Reviews in Riverside, CA

Found 41 reviews matching the search See all 1,465 reviews
poor management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 19, 2019
The general manager was terrible. She did help show me how to work faster, but it was very unsanitary the way the workers handled their time management.
Pros
Great coworkers
Good place to work at for first job. Stressful when busy.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 2, 2019
Good place for a fist job. I started at Del Taco at the age of 16 and got promoted to Shift manager at the age of 18. It can be stressful because the training isn’t really training. Their training is just them throwing you into a station and you’ll learn.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay
Very stressful , fast paced workplace
Cook/prep (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Easy to handle if you know what you’re doing . Grill could be very stressful at times due to the spacing you have from the grill . It was a very small work place so it was always very hot
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Very hot, stressful management
Working at Del Taco
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 6, 2019
A typical day working at del taco for me consisted of coming into working and punching in and start taking orders from customers who either came through the drive thru or came inside the establishment after that I would take the money of the customers in exchange for food or I would help bag the food that the cooks would make and hand it to the other cashier who is helping that customer. During the time that customers are not their I would clean the establishment or prepare food for when customers do come. Working at del taco taught me a lot of stuff from being patient with customers to having a schedule of when to do important duties. The workplace culture working at del taco at first was hard to get the other employees due to some difficulties but over the days I would eventually be awarded with good friendships between most of my coworkers and managers.
Pros
50 percent discount on food and nice coworkers
Cons
sometime would force overtime due to other coworkers not showing up time or at all.
Productive and busy day
Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 25, 2018
Del Taco is an exciting and busy place to work. I enjoy working with my fellow co-workers and meeting new people. I started as a cashier, from there worked taco bar and grill.
This is fast paced enviorment
Shift Manager/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 26, 2018
This is a fast paced enviorment. you have to be quick on your feet and in your mind. you work on speed of service time. you work such different ages. you get call offs all the time. and you have to learn to be quick to call someone in.
Pros
free meals for management ony
Cons
upper management not understanding the customers as much
Typical fast food job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 31, 2018
Fast paced work environment. Must be able to multitask (taking two peoples orders at once while talking to coworkers and preparing orders all at the same time.
Pros
"flexible hours"
Cons
no guaranteed hours
Productive workolace and structured
Team Member (Grill) (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 28, 2018
•Pretty easy going environment
•Fast paced at times/not overwhelming
•Management was good
• Very easy to pick up on how to do things
•Teaches you basic working skills
Pros
Not a hectic job
Cons
Healthcare
fast paced environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 18, 2018
definitely a great experience to have under my belt, learning the menu all the way to satisfying customers needs. I would recommend to someone who is in college definitely
Fast-paced, friendly, clean environment.
Dining room, lot attendant (Former Employee) –  4407 Brockton Ave., Riverside, CA 92501June 18, 2018
My job was to maintain and detail clean the dining room, lot, restrooms, etc. weekly and to assist customers as needed during their dining experience. I enjoyed and took pride in keeping customer areas clean, well-stocked, and safe for customers as well as anticipating customer needs in order to provide better service, i.e., inquiring how their meal is, offering to refill their drink, etc.
it was ok
Team Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 3, 2018
Don't really like working for fast food or in hot environments, I was the cook. A lot of times I had to do everything myself and always felt overwhelmed. I had to prep food while taking orders while defrosting meats, while taking out the garbage. All of this at once especially during rush hours was hectic and stressful.
Del Taco
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 29, 2018
They Have good food and ok benefits... the will give you plenty of hours. they also have openings for all shift types...

---------------------------
Pros
hours, benefits, food
Cons
Not well organized, Stressfull, Very fast paced
Not Great
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 22, 2017
Management would ask for my employee number, and my checks were suspiciously low. Also very fast paced and unforgiving. Teamwork was also almost non-existent
Pros
free tacos
Cons
management
fast paced work environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 24, 2017
Not a place to work if you want to advance to higher job title. Discounts on food is the best part about working there, that is if you even like del taco.
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 2, 2017
Its a great job for a student . Flexible schedules . Staff is pretty cool as well . Laidback . Upsell the food and do what your suppose to do and its great .
Overall good place to work
CASHIER/COOK (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed the employees and all the customers. It was a pleasure to take a customers order and then watch them eat their food with the biggest smile and look of satisfaction on their faces.
Management is key
Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 28, 2017
I've worked for many Del Taco locations and the management team always differs. If you happen to find a good team stick with them because a lot of bad managers fall through the cracks due to personal acquaintances placing them in positions they did not earn.
Okay.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 8, 2017
Its an okay job to get started, but not something i recommend for years to come. I would suggest going to work there through college if your not on your own, if you are on your own i wouldn't recommend it.
Productive and clean work place
Crew Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 24, 2017
Always clean workplace. Great customer service.Hardly any problems with food orders.Taco Tuesday's night's $1 are always busy. People love it.Great place to eat.
Pros
Taco Tuesday's
Cons
No cons
great place
Team member (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 19, 2017
was my first job, great manager and co workers everyone worked great as a team and always helped each other get what we needed to to get done. Great place