Del Taco Employee Reviews in San Bernardino, CA

Found 21 reviews matching the search See all 1,465 reviews
Cashier
Cashier/ Stocker/ Recovery (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 22, 2018
on a typical day it was slow then lunch time it was busy and the managers had attitudes and want you to do more at once. I learned nothing from them. Didn't train the new employees right
Great work environment.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 14, 2018
Del Taco was a great experience to learn and grow with the company, they offer many positions to grow into when being ready to move up. Working there they teach you a lot of food safety and food preparation.
Pros
Great place to grow in
Cons
People not showing up to work
Productive. I've worked with some of the employees for over 13 years
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 4, 2018
I love working for del taco. I love the brand it is great and they are growing each year. For me after almost 26 years of work. I would like to move up. I have been looked over for promotions and its made me think of moving on. I think that i have been over looked because of the location of the unit i manage. It's in an undesirable location. I truely love the conpany but its time for me to progree elsewhere.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No security
Very productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 24, 2017
It was a clean work environment. I enjoyed working there. My co-workers were nice and very helpful. The customers were very respectful. The breaks were short.
fast paced
Assisstant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 20, 2017
Del Taco was actually my first place of employment. I Worked there for about 3 and a half years . There i learned how to multi-task , handling money ,customer service, and managing a shift by myself. I learned a lot from Del Taco, but working with people and their food is a very hard job. There was no air conditioning , so during the summer so the working conditions were terrible. Also , it was hard to have a personal life outside of work was almost impossible. I also to expand my career options , which is why i started to look for a new place of employment.
Pros
free lunches, great coworkers
Cons
no air conditioner, not flexible, no room for growth
A great place to work for younger adults.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 6, 2016
I never received a properly training, I was running the store basically by my self with 34 employees, so not fun at all, really bad experience.
Good and friendly place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 22, 2016
My opinion on a typical day at work there was good. I was treated well and got along well with everyone. What I learned there was to how to work with others on a common goal. Management was friendly and new how to push me in just the right way to do better. My co-workers were nice to me no matter how dumb of a mistake I made. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the orders. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a satisfied costumer.
Pros
Friendly people
Goal Oriented
Night Manager/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  2665 S Waterman, San Bernardino 92408March 28, 2016
As a Shift Leader I was incharge of making sure my store's maintenance and stocking was done before next shift began. As well as making sure inventory went according to sales for the shift. Our goal was always to make more profit then the year before. Management and co-workers made the store feel like home. Being kind and courteous to our customers even when they were extremely rude was a tough part of the job. Best moments were when we gave exceptional customer service and customers would appreciate and give good feedback to my staff. Smiles and greetings made the fast paced environment feel lively.
Pros
Team Players, Meeting Goals, Making someones day with your smile.
Cons
Hours mixed from day and night throughout the week, Angry customers, Short handed on Staff.
I enjoyed working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 22, 2015
The hours were good friendly staff and clean work environment.I was able to get to know customers because they chose to repeatedly dine at this location I have no complaints about working here.
del taco
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 22, 2015
typical day at work would be very graceful spiritually lifted and confidence expandment
what i learned would be different experience everyday how to deal with situations
how to manage angry customers
my co-workers are very amazing and helpful due new employment
hardest part is unsatisfied customers very disappointing never leave an unhappy guest
most enjoyable part of the job is having the pleasure of a satisfied experience
Pros
happy customers
Cons
unsatisfied customers
Horrible Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CaJune 24, 2015
This was a fast paced and highly stressful job. I loved my customers, but this is a franchise and location and it is run horribly. They do not lead by example. The employees can do whatever they want with no repercussions. There is no opportunity for advancement and the pay is horrible. I would not recommend working at this location.
Pros
I had a great relationship with my regular customers.
Cons
No benefits, no structure, no accountabilty for employees
fast paced, always busy
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 27, 2015
Go, Go, Go! from the time you're in and out. I learned many things about the company. after all i started from the bottom and worked my way up but most importantly I learned patience and how to work with a wide variety of people. Management was great, co-workers were helpful.
Pros
healthcare coverage, paid vacation
Cons
short breaks, physical demand
Productive and Fast-Paced company
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 10, 2015
working for this company was very use full when expanding my knowledge and experience I learned how to work a drive way and to stand on my feet.
Customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 10, 2014
Took food orders and served food orders. collected payment types. management was very caring. co-workers were hard working. No difficulties. Loved to meet new people.
Pros
customers were great.
Cons
no security
Not again
Team member Part-Time July 2011 (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 5, 2014
New manager took over and took all my hours away from me, he was not coopertive, and wasnt understanding at all
fun work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 15, 2013
Busy day, every day i learn something new. I have great co workers. the hardest part of the job is just the standing all day.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
non
Fun if you like fast food
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 5, 2013
It was a good working environment, everyone treated everyone with respect.
it good place
Taco bar cook (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 6, 2013
enjoyed working taco bar cook. always stayed busy. i liked it was fast paced more experience for me gained
Productive and Fast paced
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 15, 2012
A typical day was busy, There was always something to do. I learned all my customer skills from this job. And I will use them for the rest of my time in the workforce. Although some of my coworkers didnt take pride in their work, It encoureged me too do a better job.
Typical Day at Del Taco
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CaJune 12, 2012
While working at Del Taco my typical day at work would consist of me taking orders, working drive-thru, restocking of supplies that needed to be stocked up, cleaning the restrooms and dinning room. As well as giving a lot of customer service. For being my first job it taught me how to being able to work with others in a fast-paced work area. It taught me how to be able to give great customer service and help others who are in need. It made me grow into a more mature person than I already am. The hardest part of this job I would have to say for me personally would have to be working drive-thru because you have a certain amount of time to get the orders and pass them out to the customer. My most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to work with people with such manners, class, and heart.