Del Taco Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 351 reviews matching the search See all 1,431 reviews
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAMay 16, 2019
This place was a good place to work It was fun had no problem with people love the customers anytime that I need time off they were willing to give it to me Had no problem with this place
Not a good environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westchester, CAMay 16, 2019
My time at del taco was pretty trash but it’s a good first job. I dealt with countless rude customers every day and night and even some employees too. I do wonder how I even lasted that long. The only thing I looked forward to was leaving work and the minimum wage checks I got every other week.
Pros
Free lunch or 1/2 off
Cons
Rude customers
Productive and fun
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CAMay 11, 2019
Its really easy going type of job once you get the hang of it and if you have good customer service. I learned many things from being a cook and from the managerial position.
Pros
fun, easy going, flexible
Cons
much room for moving up on positions
Honestly it was alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 30, 2019
My G.M was horrible and quite mean to everyone except the customers. My co-workers were awesome and they made my shifts much better. The other managers were mostly pretty cool except for a few who were rude. Sometimes our G.M would change the hours and not tell a few of us of the change. She expected you to come in every day in the morning if you had an evening shift to check the schedule which I couldn't do.
Pros
Food discounts, Awesome co-workers
Cons
Terrible G.M
Would not recommend to work at del taco
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2019
This place has inconsistent shift hours they tell you that your working from 10am to 6pm but send you home at 2pm that's pretty much every week with everyone, except managers. There is no communication and they expect you to do everything in 5 mins and overall is a bad job.
Pros
Cons
Homeless, shift hours, lack of communication
Not a bad place to work temporarily
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hacienda Heights, CAApril 17, 2019
I do not see much in-company-growth at a franchise like this but I can guarantee that it is a great place to start off and gain work experience. I do also believe if one works hard, there can be growth. Education was my persuit.
job is alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 16, 2019
i would only work for del taco if it was going to be my first job right out of high school. not the best for long term as there is little no advancement with in the company
Its okay if you're desperate for a job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 15, 2019
A typical day is opening register, stocking everything (making hot and iced coffee, hot sauce packets, shake machine, mini fridge, drive through stock and dining stock) while helping customer and getting yelled at and insulted by managment.
Can be a great workplace with the right co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAApril 14, 2019
This job is very fast paced, and you always have to be on your toes for you can never know if you are going to have a good happy customer or otherwise. Great to practice self restraint.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Hardly any breaks, and no overtime.
was really cool
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMApril 10, 2019
being able ot work with people is fun for me i'm a people person love working with lots of people i would take orders serve drinks tke payments of cash credit cards or gift cards and give change abck
Great work environment
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAApril 9, 2019
I was a great place to work but not many hours were given due to all of the new people being hired, but over all it was a great experience and a great first job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Schedule
Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 3, 2019
It wasn’t a hard job, It was pretty easy. The co-workers and Manager was nice and helpful. I just didn’t like the fact that i didn’t get many hours, And the only reason i was working was for hours and to make money.
Very fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Barstow, CAMarch 25, 2019
Everyone i have worked with at Del Taco has been a great experience. The management is great and they always attend to whatever it may be that an employee may need.
Nope
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 25, 2019
Was not a good place to work. I got hired on as a cashier. Everybody didn't like everybody. You would be on duty and just when your shift was about to end someone would call in and you would have to stay and work a double shift. You get stuck with the most ridiculous tasks. I remember I worked from 12pm to 8pm and have to do a double so I didn't leave till 8am and let's just say I was running on fumes. Costumers are not nice and my schedual hours got less and less every week until I was only working once a week.
Pros
You can make your own food
Cons
Low Pay, low hours, management, costumers, employees
It's a nice workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 18, 2019
It's a good start if you're a teenager trying to get some cash in your pockets . It gives you some sense of independecy to be honest. Once you get used to working there , you'll enjoy it.
Bad 1st Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAMarch 11, 2019
I worked at Del Taco for 9 months. I didn't like it all. I worked 3 hours one day a week. The drive through was hard to hear with the car motors, and I would constanly have rude customers.
Very welcoming and very productive.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAMarch 7, 2019
Working for Del Taco I learned what it was like to work as a team to ensure good customer service. Can be a good first job for anyone looking for something to do while going to school.
Pros
Free lunch if worked for more than 5 hours
Cons
Work shortage and unexpected call ins
Learned new experiences
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 26, 2019
Being in fast food was scary at first but after learning new things and starting to get comfortable with the staff i was able to be the best at what I did.
Its a fast paced enviroment. Customers for the most part are friendly.
Cashier 1 (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAFebruary 21, 2019
If you are a hard worker you will be taken advantage of to handle all aspects of the store, i.e.; front of house, back of house, grill, preparation and sometimes mgr. responsibilities. No acknowledgement of your good efforts, however, you do receive constant complaints or negative feedback.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
Responsibilites are not divided fairly between employees.
fun workplace everyones cool
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 17, 2019
i liked working at Del taco cause of the people their I got along with almost everyone the only thing is when it comes to the dishes it's alot and i did food prep
Pros
easily get along with everybody
Cons
spend lots of time with the dishes