Del Taco Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Found 93 reviews matching the search See all 1,431 reviews
Good first job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Poor management, no flexible hours, can not be promoted, gets paid late, unequal pay, no benefits, no sick or vacation hours, no overtime or holiday pay.
Pros
Discounted food
very fun enivorment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIJanuary 21, 2019
The people i meet there were very friendly made working less stressful like i as happy to be working there. The only thing that wa pretty bad was having to rush
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
meh
Customer Service & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 21, 2019
my experience at deltaco was a great one until the management team made it known that they had favorites and put others before other employees and I eventually had to leave to this manager
Pros
discounts
Cons
lack of management
People
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAJanuary 19, 2019
Work experiences may vary but very poor management by both managers and employees one incident include violation privacy very poor team leadership and lack of character
Pros
Food
Cons
Experience
Good environment with the change of managers.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 18, 2019
At times I did like working here. Customers were nice and the employees were nice as well at times. Managers we're not as strict with all employees to make sure they got their job done properly. Stressful environment for myself as it was my first job and I did not really like social interaction. But being as it is a communication job, for me it helped me open up more with people and become more personable. There needs to be more people on cash registers. Better communication between the cooks and cashier's. Keeping up with cleaning duties while also having customers come in is a nightmare. Especially because most of the time the managers prioretized helping the drive thru rather than the one person on the front. Mostly managers working than actual employees. Many employees got little work the least being 2 hours and then being told to just go home. If your going to give someone only 2 hours and then tell them to go home when they're already there, just call them before they come in so they don't waste time getting there. Training of newly hired employees was basically being put on the front with no experience and not alot of help from another employee who's also running something else and can't help you out alot. Managers basically did not help until asked. Why would you put someone that has no experience on their first day in front of customers when they don't even know the menu or what is in the food. And so you basically feel like you are annoying the people around you and that you're an idiot constantly asking for help because they don't train you until the new store that  more... you're going to be working at opens. One manager kept telling me within my first week of having no experience or sense of all the tasks that I need to have done by my clock out time, that I needed to manage my time better. Well if someone made sure that they put trained employees on the clock I would know what to do in a more efficient time so please don't hound.  less
Pros
Discount on food. Good people.
Cons
Discount was only up to $6, Feet and back pain(expected though), Not alot of employees picking up the slack off work that needs to be done, Only one person at the front or at the drive, Which means you're in charge with the keepup and taking orders at the same time.
Fast Paced, Fun, Stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Working at Del Taco was a great experience. I got to learn how a fast food restaurant functions and operates. In such a fast paced environment you must learn to adapt and know the customer is always right.
Pros
Customer Service Experience
Cons
Customer Service Experience
Fun place to work
Cashier/Cook/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORDecember 7, 2018
Its definitely a stressful job but everyone is basically family when you work there. Pay is decent, little to no room for advancement though. Would make a good first job.
Not a good place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calimesa, CANovember 5, 2018
Hours are cut without notice.
You get blamed and let go for something you did not do.
Friends and family of mangers get all the hours, even if someone else has been there longer.
No room for growth unless your related to someone.
No room to move up to team leaders unless your related to someone, or friends with someone
Pros
it was close to home
Cons
No hours no advancement, blamed for something that GM knows you didn't do
It was a great experience and easy to get along with the rest of the employees.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAOctober 25, 2018
Learning how to manage the register and be a team leader. Keeping up with the flow of the service. Kept everything in it's order. Remembering the menu was a little different but other then that the ingredients in each item was easy to learn.
I didnt like it there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COSeptember 29, 2018
They did ever know what they were doing and they were always rude to there customers and they spit in there food. They need to work on some things there.
great staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Davis, CASeptember 24, 2018
staff was great sometimes you'd get a nasty customer but not a bad experience. The management seemed shaky at times I believe we went through 3 "general managers" during my time there.
Pros
discounted meal, good hours
Cons
short breaks
Rememorable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2018
No comment. I really have no further upbringing at Del Taco because they didn't rehire me, and the ripped me off. I was tricked out a job and I just didn't go back to the atmosphere there.
Fun fast paced environment
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTSeptember 5, 2018
The workplace was fun to work in I got my desired pay at the time and almost the desired hours although the Manager was extremely rude and disrespectful towards me sometimes even insulting me
Pros
Good work environment, fair pay, decent hours
Cons
Bad management
Stressful, poor management and low pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 18, 2018
Not worth what you get paid. Low wages and no benefits. Poor management. Unorganized and always understaffed. Does not pay enough for how busy it is. Stressful and hard.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No benefits
Not safe
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJuly 27, 2018
Workers are rude at times dining is old and playground too needs to be updated has been like that since they built it . Food is great at times. They socialize too much
I liked working here
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 12, 2018
Del Taco was one of the best fast food places I've worked at I enjoyed it
The staff was great
The crew was great and we all worked together
The customers loved me and I loved them
Not great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CAJune 25, 2018
Management is all over the place. Didn't work well with me being able to stay productive and clean. Job is good to start for experience but not a job to be at.
Not a good job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milton, GAJune 6, 2018
So basically my typical day at work was me doing everything, the front cashier, drive thru, and sometimes even bar. The owner had a couple family members that would work there and they would always steal money from the safe. I was also attacked by one of the employees at one point and nothing was done. I reported it to the person that runs all the stores, and he took my statement but did not report it.
Cons
Very fast paced and good place to start working at.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMay 21, 2018
Its a good place to start working at for your first job and you can get promoted as well. Mostly it's a fast paced restaurant to work at, which is good, but you have to multitask.
Del Taco
Cashier/ Team Member/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAMay 15, 2018
Del Taco was my second job in high school. They allowed me to show off my customer service experience to our guests. They provided me with the experience I needed, when I was in high school