Del Taco Employee Reviews for Team Member

Found 109 reviews matching the search See all 1,431 reviews
Stressful and Competetive
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 15, 2019
Del Taco involved a lot of stressful situations, requiring patience to handle the overwhelming orders coming through. The most enjoyable part of the job was good feedback from my manager.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 2, 2019
Fast pace environment
Manager really comprehensive chill nice
friendly environment
Sometimes it can be stressful specially on taco Tuesdays and Thursday
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Non Pay vacation
Stressed
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAApril 26, 2019
I was excited to start working but after getting adjusted the managers personalities flipped. They would put too much pressure on you to complete orders in under a minute. The schedules were messed up too. I hated the way customers were treated. Management was very poor.
Pros
You work with friends
Cons
The timer
Not the best
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIApril 23, 2019
It was a decent start job. I got along well with my co workers however I was not thrilled with the management. The hardest part of the job was the meal prep.
This job is not recommended
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIApril 22, 2019
a typical day at del taco involves you carrying out your job. i was almost always positioned on taco bar with long hours ranging from 11am to 9pm, no breaks unless it was really slow or if you were a minor.

To say the least, taco bar, drive threw, prep, just the whole place in general is stressful. A majority of the time i was there, we were understaffed most days.

When rushes hit and we got busy real fast it was difficult to keep up with making orders for both drive and inside, not to mention we had a timer goal set by corporate or who ever that we had to be constantly on our toes of, most of the time not reaching the goal and exhausting yourself mentally and physically in the process. Some days we'd be busy all day.

I felt so bad somedays because there would be customers in the lobby who'd end up waiting ten to fifteen minutes for they're order while we were trying to tackle these huge monster orders in drive threw.

I rarely got days off unless i talked to management about scheduling me for less hours, and even then it'd be about 2 days off for the next week or two and then the schedule would go right back to painfully long days and weeks with only a day to rest.

On days that i requested off, sometimes for medical or personal reasons, or even just for a bit of a break, i remember being called and asked to come in, feeling guilty if i didn't cuz i knew how stressful that place gets.

Oh, and a lot of people liked to call off at the location i worked at. I could understand why, but it just made it stressful for others scheduled that day, and it wasn't fair
  more... to them.

I learned fast food isnt for me, it sucks as a career.

management was okay for the most part. The managers were easy going relateable and understanding people, and a majority of them were nice to work with.

The hardest part of the job is pushing yourself to keep working there and putting up with the small yet huge expectations they have.

the only enjoyable part of working there was the coworkers. we had a good team bond.

i don't recommend this place to anyone unless you need the money.
Pros
free drink. thats it.
Cons
no breaks, pressure to get things done fast as you can, impossible timer goals, never ending rushes in the summertime and winter
Good experience, but poor management.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CAMarch 25, 2019
I loved my job because it gave me experience with customers and skills to use in the work force, but the management was poor. Scheduling was always a problem, I never knew my hours unless I asked before I left. There was a printed schedule, but not one of the workers EXCEPT managers knew where it was located and when asked they usually didn't actually have it in the store. I'm a stickler for proper timing and clear scheduling, other than that, my job was wonderful.
Pros
discounts, experience
Cons
poor scheduling
Greater
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 21, 2019
This job is great when I started for the first 3 weeks then my boss started to call me to pick up others shifts and I was working all crazy graveyard hours then when your busy and no or else Is they would still call on me to do it
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too many hours
Terrible
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMarch 11, 2019
It was awful. We were forced to take our beaks early. Management could never find dedicated workers and rarely ever fired anyone found incompetent. A terrible place to work.
Overwhelming unprofessional work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAMarch 9, 2019
I worked at 2 different Del Tacos the first one i worked at in lake forest was great and was flexible with my school schedule and my working schedule. When i got my job at the second del taco, immediately a ton of unneeded drama, and people would always call off and not have to cover their shift on days I was supposed to be off and it was really frustrating.
Cons
No discounts, no free lunches, hectic
Its fast food
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 5, 2019
Compared to other fast-food places, it's definitely one of the better places to work. Regardless, it's still monotonous work for minimum wage. Good for a first job while in school.
Fast-pace workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 18, 2019
The workers there are all good people and treat you like family. Knowing Spanish is a must since most of the employees and clients speak it. The hardest part of working there has to be training new employees/ being trained when it's busy.
Fun workplace with great team work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CA 91790February 13, 2019
Love working here, met great people who work perfectly together and know when it’s time to get things done. Could use better shift managers, other then that you can’t complain.
It’s was a great job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 30, 2019
You had to be on time , everyone would do their job. I would clean , cook , cashier. Clean around my area to look clean . I was nice to alll customers, and when they were rude I would tell my boss about our problems.
Pros
Fun . Good coworker
Cons
Short brakes
cool people to work with not enough hours
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Del Taco is a good job if your looking for something part time and don't have to pay many bills. They don't give very many hours and if they do give you hours on the schedule they tell you to leave early because its slow.
Pros
friendly
Cons
no hours
Fun place to work at
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 18, 2019
I loved working here when it was still available unfortunately we had to permanently close. This was my very first job and my manager was my aunt in law it was a cool experience.
Fun workplace very prodoctive
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 13, 2019
Management is great, just low pay and benefits. Sometimes employees are late and the manager dont take responsibility to discipline. Great company besides that.
Honestly wasn’t my best experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2019
Although there were great people , there were also not so great. At the time there were a manager and a boss fighting. One manager had walked out on us because of this one lady. Let’s just say it was a lot of drama management was poor the boss ends up resigning and just everything was bad
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Awful
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 26, 2018
I would not recommend this place for a job. They treat good employees like garbage. Management is awful, not good. Not a good place to work. That's all.
Cons
Everything.
Hi
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 22, 2018
I don’t feel comfortable talking about my problems with del taco openly just know it’s not a good place to work they don’t care about you personally they think of you just as a employee that’s replaceable when in reality they don’t even have enough staff to begin with
Busy and quick work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CADecember 6, 2018
Deal with alot of customers some unhappy with service and make sure to do it fast in order to keep the time low and you're managers happy remember ingredients as they will be asked frequently
Pros
Half off everything