Del Taco Employee Reviews

Found 1,429 reviews matching the search See all 1,431 reviews
Wasn't as bad as you'd think.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAMarch 22, 2019
Working for Del taco was never a bad experience for me. The customers weren't the big problem more of lack of drive from other managers. The General Managers I had the pleasure of meeting and working with we're great people and helped you feel a part of a team.
high paced, stable job
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 22, 2019
My experience with Del Taco as a team member was okay. It was actually better than I expected. I met some pretty cool people, especially the head manager. She was very understanding and as long as you got your work done, she had no problem wit you. She used to make brownies for the staff just out of the kindness of her heart.
Pros
you'll learn to work quickly and efficiently under pressure
Cons
short breaks, can be taxing on your body
Good People but a Tough Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 22, 2019
The job itself is not overly difficult and the days are not overly stressful. Much of the experiences and requirements came more from the individuals who were working that day and the mood they were in. On days where everyone was getting along, the shift would go smoothly and there would be few issues worth mentioning. On the flip side, on days where tensions where high and it became more of a position war as opposed to collaborative effort, the days became very stressful and long.
Much of the staff is friendly and many of the customers who come through are either regulars who we know on a first name basis or people passing through who have never had an experience with Del Taco. This goes to show that it is really the people that can make a job great, not simply the number of responsibilities you have and the hours you work.
Pros
Free Meal, negotiable hours
Cons
Poor management of staff and lack of employee qualifications
Great place to work for
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAMarch 22, 2019
Awesome I really enjoy working for this company the advancement the recognition they give the opportunity to grow with them I’m looking forward to traveling with the company
Greater
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 21, 2019
This job is great when I started for the first 3 weeks then my boss started to call me to pick up others shifts and I was working all crazy graveyard hours then when your busy and no or else Is they would still call on me to do it
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too many hours
poor management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 19, 2019
The general manager was terrible. She did help show me how to work faster, but it was very unsanitary the way the workers handled their time management.
Pros
Great coworkers
Great place to work.
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, UTMarch 18, 2019
Easy place to work. Always on your feet helping customers. Never had a problem. Fast paced place to work, nice employees. Always clean never dirty. Toco Tuesday’s we always made a lot of food.
Was fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 18, 2019
It was fun. But long nights and high school age. Food was ok. Not the best. The managers were awesome and tried hard. Myself included. so Id say good.
It's a nice workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 18, 2019
It's a good start if you're a teenager trying to get some cash in your pockets . It gives you some sense of independecy to be honest. Once you get used to working there , you'll enjoy it.
Was bad on nights. When alone with a manager the manager will make you do everything.
Accociate (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIMarch 18, 2019
It was bad working here as when your night team member did not come in, The manager would sit on a PC and make you clean everything, cook, take orders, also refresh the food stocks.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Night Shift, Work Load, Unfair working enviermont, low pay, Lack of Managment and man power.
Store was not kept clean
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 18, 2019
Everytime I came into my shift someone got sent home because they didn't want to clean nothing. Even in my days off I would go to look at the restrooms and they were not cleaned. I was ashamed to be a manager for the store I worked at.
Not the best place to work at my particular store.
Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAMarch 14, 2019
Nothing is followed correctly. New management and they suck just as much as the last. Is a franchise, they only care about the money and not how I need to balance my personal life with my two children. They expect an open schedual and for you to work when ever called. They will work you till you drop. Hence the 70 hours a week.
Pros
Its a job for now.
Bad 1st Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAMarch 11, 2019
I worked at Del Taco for 9 months. I didn't like it all. I worked 3 hours one day a week. The drive through was hard to hear with the car motors, and I would constanly have rude customers.
Terrible
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMarch 11, 2019
It was awful. We were forced to take our beaks early. Management could never find dedicated workers and rarely ever fired anyone found incompetent. A terrible place to work.
Poor Management
Front Counter Service Person (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 9, 2019
There was 3 managers in the 2 months span I was working there and they were all terrible. You need to hire people that actually you know manage properly
Overwhelming unprofessional work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAMarch 9, 2019
I worked at 2 different Del Tacos the first one i worked at in lake forest was great and was flexible with my school schedule and my working schedule. When i got my job at the second del taco, immediately a ton of unneeded drama, and people would always call off and not have to cover their shift on days I was supposed to be off and it was really frustrating.
Cons
No discounts, no free lunches, hectic
Fast food job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  MerdianMarch 7, 2019
I have nothing to say that you can't guess with it being a fast food restaurant. I want to be done typing but haven't met the 150 word minimum 87654321
Very welcoming and very productive.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAMarch 7, 2019
Working for Del Taco I learned what it was like to work as a team to ensure good customer service. Can be a good first job for anyone looking for something to do while going to school.
Pros
Free lunch if worked for more than 5 hours
Cons
Work shortage and unexpected call ins
Terrible job.
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTMarch 6, 2019
Bad pay, irresponsible managers. Always messy, people never show up. Certain people get treated Better than others even if said person isn't the best worker.
Pros
The smell of the food.
Cons
The food
Its fast food
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 5, 2019
Compared to other fast-food places, it's definitely one of the better places to work. Regardless, it's still monotonous work for minimum wage. Good for a first job while in school.