Delaware County Community College Employee Reviews

Good place to work if you need benefits
N/A (Current Employee) –  Media, PAMay 9, 2018
The company prefers to hire part time employees instead of full time, if they hire staff at all. Constantly overworked without competitive pay. No track for advancement. No merit based raises, only company wide and meager.
Pros
Excellent health benefits
Cons
Workload, no support, no advancement
Loved working with the international students.
ESL Tutor (Former Employee) –  Media, PAApril 21, 2018
The new manager didn't know how to manage all of the tutors in the ESL lab. She didn't take her employees' family life in regard to her decisions in scheduling. I agree that the student comes first, but not in negativity.
Great way to help other students
Tutor (Paid) (Current Employee) –  Media, PAApril 9, 2018
Normally have the chance to help other students in computer courses I previously took. I am willing to help other students have a better understanding.
Pros
Not too hard to handle
Great place to work if you have the right supervisor
Director (Current Employee) –  Media, PAApril 8, 2018
Delaware County is a great place to work and provides great benefits. The only problem is that people stay for a long time limiting opportunities for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
no opportunity for promotions
well run junior college
Adjunct Professor of Philosophy (Former Employee) –  Media, PAMarch 28, 2018
well run junior college; classrooms equipped with multiple white boards as well as video presentation; school provided services for students to enhance their academic experience including tutors and research paper assistants.
community college
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Media, PAMarch 19, 2018
Good place to work, but little opportunity or support from the college for full time work if one wanted to move from adjunct to professorship. Feigned support offered to employee.
Pros
student body
Cons
little opportunity for advancement
Delaware County Community College is a great place to work for with great benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Media, PA 19063March 8, 2018
My day at DCCC is answering questions for students with their financial aid, cashier questions about billing , admissions to the college, and transcripts A fast pace demanding enviroment . I get satisfaction wihen I know I have helped the student with their needs.
Pros
liberal holiday schedule, benefits
Cons
Too hectic, and no advancement
They will fire you for saying anything when they break the law.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Media, PAMarch 1, 2018
I was not paid by the college as a punitive measure. This is a violation of the Wage collection act. I called them out on it and they let me go at the end of the semester. Apparently they will keep corporate sponsored employees who do nothing for the college. They can't even show up to a job interview to interview prospective instructors. Or bother to support or train instructors and new hires.
Pros
Cons
no support, management has no clue about what is going on
Student friendly job
Student Success Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Media, PAFebruary 2, 2018
A work study based job that was great with my class schedule and other employment schedule. Friendly co - workers. Great pay for the position at entry level.
Working as a Peer Tutor at Delaware County Community College
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Marple, PAJanuary 24, 2018
A typical day involved tutoring college students in Basic Math, Algebra I, Algebra II, College level Trigonometry, Computer Programming (C++, Java, HTML, CSS, etc). I documented each session via my paperwork which was reported to supervisor. The most difficult part of the job was tutoring students who just wanted you to do their homework, in short they had no concern about learning the content. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting and tutoring students who were really trying hard, and came eagerly seeking help, and I was able to get them back on track. Students would come back and thank me for helping them, telling me that thanks to my help they got an A on an assignment, or my help was the reason they successfully passed the class. It always makes me feel good to help others.
Pros
Great Staff and flexible hours
Cons
A really great staff with the community at heart
Customer Service / Financial Aid Peer Tech (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJanuary 20, 2018
I really valued my years at D.C.C.C. The support and HR staff was very accommodating to student employees with flexibility. The employer always took into account the priorities of student workers and the financial concerns inherent to the lifestyle of undergraduate students..
Friendly Environment
Learning Commons Employee (Current Employee) –  Media, PAJanuary 13, 2018
DCCC provides an exceptionally friendly environment to work. I appreciate my coworkers and supervisors as people. And the benefits they offer part-time employees are amazing. The biggest problem is communication. Between departments and within departments, this appears to be the continual Achilles heel. At times it is frustrating, hinders problem solving, and can stunt employee growth.
Great Work Study Position
Student Assistant Tech, Welcome Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Media, PAJanuary 1, 2018
As a result of attending Delaware County Community College, I was hired for this position that congruent with my academic schedule and personal schedule. My manager is very accommodating to his team as well as my other co-workers and those more knowledgeable. It is a pretty simple job of what I do; periodically stocking technological apparatuses and appliances for the use of students and visitors at DCCC's institution.
Pros
Kind and collaborative co-workers, decent atmosphere, relaxed
Cons
N/a
Student
Pennsylvania (Current Employee) –  Media, PADecember 9, 2017
Great professors and easy to get to with public transportation. I am currently a student not a worker but I enjoy and appreciate the education I am recieving.
great place to wrok
Internship (Current Employee) –  Media, PANovember 14, 2017
typical day of work would be imaging desktop and laptop computers replacing old computers in classrooms. most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly atmosphere
It is easy to work there
Internship (Current Employee) –  Media, PAOctober 26, 2017
Everyone is nice in this office. It was very easy to work there. My direct supervisors were always ready to help anytime i needed help. As long you do your job no one bother
My brief experience.
Student Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Media, PAOctober 25, 2017
I enjoy working with individuals who are transitioning into career paths. I enjoy the staff that I work with on a daily basis. I am displeased about not having the opportunity to move up in position and salary.
Like the environment
ESL Instructor Reading & Writing, Grammar I & II (Former Employee) –  Media, PAOctober 24, 2017
I like working at DCCC but it was from semester to semester and
I never knew if there would be work the following semester. The students came from a variety of backgrounds, and were very interested in learning,
Pros
Great place
Cons
Never know what is happening from semester to semester
Fun
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Media, PAOctober 8, 2017
It was a student worker job, so i had a set amount of hours to work. I was able to get my homework done, while helping others with computers and Fafsa applications
Pros
Just an all around good job
Great Place to Work
Adjunct Faculty (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Media, PASeptember 24, 2017
For several years I have worked in the allied health department at DCCC. My overall experience has been a positive one. Management has been supportive and helpful. Fellow instructors have been very freiendly and welcoming. There is room to advance.