Delaware County Intermediate Unit Employee Reviews

see review
Job Coach/Job Development - Options Department (Current Employee) –  Morton, PAAugust 2, 2018
It is a great place to work. The staff is always helpful. They truly care about the well being of the staff. There Administrative team is always willing to help.

I will continue to work part time at DCIU
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
a lot of paperwork
Not what I expected
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAJuly 13, 2018
Hired to teach but it was more like babysitting. Students had IEP's with special needs for each individual student. I had to obtain a degree on my own dollar at Temple only. They would only reimburse a minimal amount of my tuition and I had to go to school on my own time. Which meant I was not able to see my family a couple nights a week. Not to mention the huge amount of workload the schooling was causing me to do. It was terrible.
Enjoyed working with families
Family Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Delaware County, PAJune 2, 2018
There was not a lot of organization and it seems that you will advance and/or keep your job according to strict competition. Very stressful workplace.
Pros
Support from colleagues
Cons
No support from upper management
Good place to work.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Morton, PAMay 21, 2018
Delaware County Intermediate Unit is a good place to work. A work day is moderately paced. It is casual business. There is not much training of support employees.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Low pay
work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PAMay 6, 2018
IT was what IT was...There's not much to say. Everyone experience and tolerance level is different. t feels like you people want me to write more than what I have.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
teamwork
Very nice place to work
DIRECTOR OF SCHOOL CLIMATE AND CULTURE (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAMarch 31, 2018
From the principal to the teachers the staff is very welcoming and more like family. Everyone has one goal and that's to improve the lives of the children who attend the school.
Pros
great staff
Cons
commute to work
Great Environment for a Self-Starter
Family Service Worker (Temporary Employee) (Former Employee) –  Morton, PA 19070January 17, 2018
A typical day is at your desk most of the time. Phone calls, organizational assignments, administrative and office work. You check in the preschool classrooms at least twice daily. You communicate daily with parents, staff and intake families. There is a routine for a family service worker to follow. However, the routine gives you a lot of flexibility on how and when you get the work done.
Terrible place
Teacher is (Former Employee) –  DciuSeptember 28, 2017
The director of special education basically called me and harassed me when I inquired about salary and said you will never work here.. stay far away this place, wouldn't recommend to anyone!
Relaxing environment
Part-time, Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Morton, PASeptember 3, 2017
A relaxed environment with friendly staff. It is a great atmosphere to work in and gave me many opportunities to meet new people and go to new places. Hours are very flexible and pay is great.
Company Sucks! But the families are amazing!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Morton, PAAugust 16, 2017
This company is all for upper management. They really don't care about the children and their needs. They only care about numbers. The staff that takes care of these children are who should be praised. I was a parent and staff of this company. This supervisors do not listen or do their job. The higher authorities always cover their behinds when something is wrong. I feel bad for any staff that works here. I was with this company for 5 years and when they switched directors and got a lot of people out of there it started goin down hill. Do not set yourself up for failure by applying here
Pros
Benefits and good schedule
Cons
poor supervision, unfair treatment, no support
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester Township, PAAugust 14, 2017
DCIU is a place where all children and their families are a priority. DCIU offers every parent the opportunity to network with the different agencies (i.e. Elwyn, Parent Planhood, WIC, etc.) DCIU is a workplace of diversity and culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is children (i.e. teaching, learning and growing.)
What an experience
Board of Directors student Rep (Former Employee) –  Morton, PAAugust 7, 2017
the culture is great the people are caring compassionate and openminded, they work and teach one of the most misunderstood populations in the united stew with a smile on their face. I loved coming to work.
Pros
people are amazing
Cons
a little disorganized at times
Nice place to work with great staff
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Broomall, PAMay 5, 2017
Working here is very fun it can be difficult at times but the staff are willing to help and always there to give you tips and feedback on how to make your job smooth and enjoyable.
Pros
plenty of vacation time, good hours
Cons
No lunch break
Educational experience
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morton, PAMay 4, 2017
This company runs a great program and is helpful to the students and families in the community.
I had the pleasure of working there for 3 years teaching 3-5 year olds and assisting the lead teacher. Each day provided me with the opportunity to learn and grow as an educator.
Pros
great work schedule
Cons
limited medical insurance
Working with dedicated students Helping the troubled students
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, PAApril 26, 2017
Work with students building there projects Keeping students out of trouble Assisting staff with students and activities Enjoying Sports activities with students
Pros
Wonderful staff Busy work schedule Earning respect from students
Cons
Pay rate Short staffwd
Very little administration support for very little pay.
students, or the public as the Crisis Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAMarch 12, 2017
While the job is not difficult, it can be very physically and emotionally taxing. There is very little support from the administration, and the pay is very minimal or the work required.
Demeaning Supervisors who don't listen to the very knowledgable teachers
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Morton, PAFebruary 12, 2017
The students are wonderful. They are a joy to teach. The paperwork is unnecessary, overwhelming and a waste of time. Our day is supposed to end at 3:30, yet every teacher has to work until 8 or 9 at night, just to keep up with the paperwork. However, we are not compensated for any of that overtime. On top of that, the supervisors are demeaning and belittling causing morale to be so low that 12 Teachers and Teacher Assistants quit or retired early last year. Grievances were filed against these supervisors,yet they are both still working here. Three people have left this year and everyone else is looking for another job. It seems like Upper Management doesn't care either.
Pros
The students and fellow teachers
Cons
Amount of paperwork, supervisors who don't care
enjoyable working with children, families, colleagues
Administrative Assistant / Case Worker / Counselor (Current Employee) –  Morton, PAJuly 14, 2015
One of the main things that I learned was to be more flexible and expect the unexpected. If a situation doesn't go as planned then always make sure not to take it personally and instead accept it for what it is and use it as a learning opportunity to help self to become a better and wiser professional.
Pros
close to home; summer schedule
Cons
limited opportunity for professional growth
The work place culture needs some work
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morton PaJune 23, 2015
Benefits are amazing, Vacation time is plentiful, and The children are wonderfully heart warmingly difficult, however pay is low and management keep changing things around, which makes the culture of the job work places chaotic
Pros
Benefits, Sense of well being
Cons
low pay
Friendly and fair place to work
Administrative Assistant to Director of LCS (Current Employee) –  Morton, PAJune 5, 2015
DCIU is a pleasant place to work. Their services to school districts is stellar and provides wonderful supports for the students of Delaware County, PA.
Pros
Good hours and healthcare benefits
Cons
Pay is not competitive