Delaware County Employee Reviews

Horrible job
Collections Technician (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHJanuary 17, 2019
The Delaware County sewer district is a toxic environment. The management has no compassion for its employees and is completely out of touch. The pay is awful, they promise training, but never deliver. There is a union, but they are extremely weak. The job itself is disgusting and unsafe.I was routinely harassed by management. They listen in to employees conversations while on breaks, and try to retaliate when they can.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Pay, management, union is weak.
A great place to work
Deputy Clerk - Legal Division (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHOctober 21, 2018
Delaware County is a great place to work. Excellent training, friendly co-workers and comfortable atmosphere to work in. There are many opportunities to transfer within the county to broaden your horizons and skills.
I loved working in DCCC
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAOctober 8, 2018
Love the company around me. People I worked with were so nice and helpful. I only woke there for my work study but everyone in the front office treated me as I was one of them.
rewarding, educational
deputy recorder (Current Employee) –  DelawareSeptember 21, 2018
working with the public is a challenging but rewarding environment. This job will give you a decent retirement. It can be political since it's a government position.
Pros
job security
Cons
could use a raise
the worst enviorment ever
CIS Representative (Current Employee) –  Media, PAAugust 19, 2018
Domestic relations is the most toxic place to work, the county itself is horrible because of low pay, no room for real advancement, a union that is worthless and puts their hands in your pocket knowing you are not earning a living wage! The women who run Domestic Relations do not treat employees with respect.
Pros
medical
Cons
no advancement
It’s a good place to work, also has a great group of people in charge.
Volunteer work (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 23, 2018
Don’t second guess your work and you’ll be fine. Also the day when you think you know absolutely everything about the job is when it’s time for you to leave it.
Pros
It’s great
Cons
N/a
Income Maintenance Worker III
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJanuary 22, 2018
Mandatory overtime, Low pay, Extremelly stressful.. Policy is constantly changing because of politics.Not worth the time and effort. Do not recommend!.
Pros
Opers
Cons
Hours
Not a bad place to work but has low pay.
Facilities Maintenance Tech II (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHOctober 9, 2017
The only bad thing about working for Delaware County is that the Commissioners make all decisions concerning the county. They are not in touch with reality.
First manager was amazing
Dog Warden Asst (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OH 43015January 24, 2017
I only left to go to the county as a dog warden because of the money. This was a great place where I could help the animals and the public. I loved this job, I just wish it paid more.
Great place to make a difference in the lives of seniors!
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Darby, PAJuly 5, 2016
Senior Community Services is a great place to work at, if you enjoy enriching the lives of senior citizens in the Delaware County. Senior Community Services offers a senior center for the local seniors in the community. They also offer care management and provides services to keep consumers maintaining in their homes.
Pros
Making a difference in the lives of Seniors
Cons
Using your own car for home visits, lack of consistency with policies and procedures, Salary
Wife of attorney
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Muncie, IN 47305April 30, 2016
Wife of attorney was unbearable to work with. Attorney was pleasant but wife was constantly involved in operations even though she wasn't employed there.
Pros
Great hours for pay
Cons
wife of attorney
Work at home
Licensed REALTOR (Former Employee) –  Entire Delaware CountyFebruary 15, 2016
Being a REALTOR was the greatest experience for myself. Working with people to get them to their next stage in life(Owning/Selling a home). Having to start the day at my home office was a rewarding experience for me. Owning my own Conveyancing Company and having my daughter run the Company while I was meeting with clients was a great teaching experience for me. The purpose of my Company was to supply my clients with a one stop service to complete the sale of the property.
Pros
Great to work with People who are in need of Real Estate
Cons
Length of Time to Settlement
Busy place
Dispatcher / Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 13, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at this facility because it was busy. I was able to really enhance my multi task skills at this job. I became the supervisor of the midnight shift with only being employed for 2 1/2 months as a dispatcher. Love this job
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Worked in a basement with little air circulation
fun to work
Health Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2014
it is not everyday job. we only respond to the citizens compliants. meet with elected officials .
Excellent leadership training for specialized new program
teacher, SPED, LD+ED (Former Employee) –  Delaware County Public SchoolsFebruary 11, 2014
I was trained in special education "shadowing" for disabled girl and trained in leadership of new, half-funded program. Staff was cooperative while solving new program issues together. This job was one of the jobs that boasted my desire to be a part of new programs, issues and all for the problem-solving, professionalism and work ethic required of us all.
Pros
Sensitive, professional administrator, Alan Notestine
Cons
The funding, on- hold, hindered our meeting needs in timely manner.
Steady environment
Deputy Auditor (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJuly 17, 2013
Great work/life balance.
Very routine work.
Processed receipts and payments for all county agencies.
Rotated in house payroll processing.
Rewarding and supportive working environment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Delhi, NYDecember 6, 2012
Wonderful management staff. I always felt fulfilled assisting the patients and nursing staff.
Traveling soccer coach
Soccer Shots Lead Instructor - Kevin Coleman (Former Employee) –  Delaware county, PAApril 18, 2012
We would travel from preschool to preschool and train young kids soccer. ages are from 3-7 years old.
Good learning environment
BEHAVIOR SPECIALIST CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Delaware CountyMarch 27, 2012
Very good environment and an interesting place to perfect my skill but left for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delaware County. Our community is ready to answer.