Delaware Life Employee Reviews

Use delaware life as a stepping stone only!!
Annuity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2018
Take full advantage of the training and the learning and development opportunities. Take the LOMO courses. Get to know the "seasoned" employees as most will be willing to help you with any questions/concerns you may have.

Basically, keep your head down, smile and keep to yourself. DO NOT GET COMFORTABLE - IT'S ALL POLITICS! Especially with management.
Management including higher management prides themselves on having a friendly "open door" policy. Please don't fall for it... It is the quickest way to lose your job. I've seen it happen.
Pros
Nice lunches/breakfast when provided.
Cons
Mandatory 30 min lunch for everyone imagine the rush and lack of privacy, Can't req off on Mon/Fri or before/after a holiday, Management has created a very negative environment, No work life balance
Good stepping stone
ASR1 (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 21, 2017
Plenty of overtime opportunities, Coworkers are friendly, good benefits. Poor management. There are constant micro-adjustments to various aspects of daily work, but none of it is too difficult to comfortably adjust to.
Working with other peoples' money is always intimidating. On the customer service side, it's intensely stressful.
Pros
Room for advancement, training oppurtunities.
Cons
Management. Stress.
Great Benefits
Life Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJanuary 21, 2016
DLIC is fairly new company. It was created in 2013, they had massive laid off and outsource the work. No one expected such dreadful news, the best thing about the company are vacations and the benefits. I don't feel that there is a lot of room to grow but that may change since its only been around for 2 years.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not so much room to grow
Great people and terrific direct management.
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAFebruary 10, 2015
I love my team, manager, director, and fellow employees at Delaware Life. On a typical day I begin by reviewing our daily banking reports. I confirm that all transactions are legitimate and perform entries to offset unaccounted items with the control account they belong to. I download, analyze, and perform monthly reconciliations of bank statements from six different banks as well as our two Treasury control accounts. The hardest part of my job is knowing that I have an end date of March 13, 2015 due to mass layoffs that I am effected by. The most enjoyable part of my job is the accomplishment I feel every time I balance an account and complete monthly reconciliations. It is a revolving function but I feel satisfaction each time I wrap a month up and begin again on the new month.
Pros
Free coffee on Mondays
Cons
The company is being moved so they've laid off the majority of their Wellesley based employees.
n/a
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Wellesley Hills, MADecember 30, 2014
Good place to work with challenging and variable projects. Great people.