Delaware North Employee Reviews

Found 1,286 reviews matching the search See all 1,526 reviews
Overall general points
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 11, 2019
There is no such thing as a typical day at work, which is learned pretty quickly when dealing with the public and their demands. I have been lucky enough to work mostly with fair, supportive and knowledgeable managers. Guest service is becoming more and more the main focus throughout the hospitality industry. The hardest part about the job would definitely be the required hours and "off the clock" dedication. The most enjoyable part is all of the wonderful people I have met and have the pleasure of working with over the years.
Pros
Some travel possible, depending. Great experiences. Well-rounded management teams.
Cons
Hours.
promises made but not kept
guide (Former Employee) –  West Yellowstone, MTJanuary 11, 2019
They hire too many snowmobile and snow coach guides for the amount of work they have and then everyone ends up barely scraping by. They make a lot of promises at the onset that don't end up coming to fruition.
Overall
Market Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2019
Delaware North provided a safe and fun work atmosphere. The staff was always active and ready for work. The perks were a great bonus whenever there were games.
Better management needed
Pastry Chef/ Cook (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2019
There needs to be better management in order for the kitchen to function better. People need to prove they can do the job not just by seniority. Positions should be more than just seasonal.
Wonderful employees and beautiful location
GIFT SHOP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sequoia National Park, CAJanuary 7, 2019
The most enjoyable part of my job were fellow employees and the management. The second, of course, was the beautiful Sequoia National Park. I learned to operate the register, but I had significant management experience already. The food was reasonably priced and tasty. The employee break room was in the basement, dark, located between the garbage and the storeroom with no amenities. They tried to keep it clean, but it was really bad.
Also, the employees were on a schedule to order food. So if the shift did not coincide with the employee food schedule, then there would be no meal. The employees took regular outings together which were fantastic. I really enjoyed my job and time with DN. A very good experience.
Pros
reasonably priced meals, great management
Cons
really horrifying employee break room and employee accommodations
Working for Delaware North
Consessions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2019
I enjoy working as a concession supervisor however I wish that I had been working under a better management. Had conflicts with management ending up in me leaving the job
Very fun place to work with equal opportunity for all employees and very friendly staff
Server (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 5, 2019
Working at Delaware north for the past 4 years has been a wonderful experience. I’ve made a lot of friends over the years there and really enjoy all aspects of the job. The food is delicious and the staff is very friendly and gracious. My favorite part about working at Lambeau Field is getting a compliment from a guest or a guest expressing their gratitude for the work I do. It brings me great joy to see a familiar face of a guest that really appreciates my work. I’ve learned a lot about hospitality in my years working for Delaware North. The guests are the top priority and they are always right. So I try to accommodate their needs as best as I can!
Pros
We’re fed lunch daily & paid breaks
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Good and bad I like Football so it was fun to work at a Football Stadium
Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 5, 2019
I learned how to cook pizza , pretzels, make popcorn using the
popcorn machine, learned how to cook hot dogs and learned about
customer service, some people who weren't the boss like to tell
me what do you some people were nice others not. I like when
the sports team did something good and the crowd would cheer
I worked at met life stadium where the giants and jets play
Football on Sunday and Saturdays and sometimes Thursdays
Pros
Free Lunch Plenty to eat
Cons
at half time it is a mad rush to help the people the lines are long and it's tough
Non productive negative feedback from Management to employees
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitefish, MTJanuary 3, 2019
The Management at this resort has his or her favorite people. These are the ones that get the hours and days off that they request. The Management does not care about their employees. They are cut throat and un fair people who have been loyal to the company never late showing up for all hours requested of them. I think if they hired new management certain employees would be much happier and feel that their requests were being heard.
Pros
Cons
No supervision for management.
fun place to work and further career
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 3, 2019
kinda stressful when by yourself but overall a great place to start getting into the work field. also great opportunity can come from working here because you get to meet a wide range of people from all walks of life
why
Cashier (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJJanuary 3, 2019
Cold manager are terrible employees own the place it chaos. No one wants to work and everyone fights against each other. No body flows the mission how can their be a culture if it doesnt exist
Pros
if their were
Cons
everything
Decent not great
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 3, 2019
I only worked here part time while I was a full time student so my experience probably isn't super typical but the hours are trash here. They will predatorily schedule you around the minimum number of hours worked before lunch breaks are mandated. What I mean by that is if you work over 6 hours they have to give you a lunch break so they will schedule you for a 7hr 15min shift so that they only have to pay you 6hr 15min when you take your hour lunch but you have to stay at work for the full 7hr 15min giving them coverage. Instead of just scheduling a 6hr shift (only paid for 15min less) but you only would have to be there for the normal 6 hours. Its really sad and obvious they do this so I just work most "lunches" that they give me and at least get paid for my time there. Otherwise its fine, they are super strict about time in/time out and calling off but thats normal for call centers id think. Overall fine to work there but youre treated like a piece of equipment for the work not like an employee so kind of blah as well.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
endless boredom or endless work no in-between
Good
Cash Room Auditor/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, NYJanuary 3, 2019
Great job. No problems. Awesome place to work at. Great job to advance at and excel at. Managers are helpful in advancing your career. Pay is great, benefits are great as welll
It a very fun place and serious.if you know what to do you will see it's very fun.but you I have to be serious to when you have stuff to do
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  300 Terminal Dr fort Lauderdale airport FLJanuary 3, 2019
Delaware North company is the best company for someone to work with.they are training you very good.
You can have a good career with them if you are following everything.good benefits,they respect each other.
I enjoyed working with them.i will love to always work with them.
Mpls/st paul airport worst job ever
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mpls/St Paul AirportDecember 24, 2018
The management and HR departments for this company are horrible . No training for the job & absolutely no support. Constant struggle to staff store ... Be ready to work 50+ hours a week. Major HR issues that they ignored/ refused to address. My peace of mind was definitely more important than these jokers.
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
Work place stress, no support
horrible
STAND ATTENDANT / BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 23, 2018
PLEASE RUN AWAY FROM THIS SCAM OF A COMPANY. This is not a professional or healthy work environment. they hire people just to fire other workers and leave only 2 workers to run an entire store.
Great company to work for
Cook (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 20, 2018
great atmosphere, plenty of opportunity. From the HR dept to the staff management and employees, I have heard nothing but go things About Delaware North.
Place was undergoing renovations at the time so the had a lot of cut backs.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Kings Canyon National Park, CADecember 20, 2018
Good summer job, but overall I enjoyed working there. Good atmosphere and location as well. Management was also great, however the human resource department could definitely use some work.
I liked my time
Social Media & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 19, 2018
My time at Delaware North was fun. It is a comfortable atmosphere that all employees feel welcome and happy to work at. Each job at Delaware North has a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Weird Hours
Intermittent during team home stand. Steady work when team was out of town.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 18, 2018
Intermittent during team home stand (waiting for equipment breakdown). Steady work when team was out of town (worked on list of broken equipment or ongoing maintenance issues).
Pros
Free food, relaxed atmosphere, nice relationship with co-workers.
Cons
Can be boring during games

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delaware North. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight