Delaware North Employee Reviews

Found 1,020 reviews matching the search See all 1,220 reviews
Busy
Concessions Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2018
Large company with a lot of staff. Only worked at on the location but the management was good and some discounts for things at other locations were nice.
exciting place to work most of the time
Agent (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLNovember 10, 2018
It was a job that paid decent but the company was always trying to bust our union and cause friction. I took away much experience from working there. I have good memories as well as unpleasant.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
stressful as union employee
Its been great
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
I have enjoyed my time at Delaware North. My boss has invested in me and my future. He has given me tasks that relate to my education and career goals. It is a great atmosphere.
Pros
Free meals, team environment
Micro Management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 7, 2018
Last season it was OK working here. This year due to new management you are always being watched. Video cam spying, management watching you from the balconies, etc. Managers contradict each other and can't get together on basic issues. Don't take the job if you are middle aged because you will always be the target of criticism from the younger managers who are trying to make an impression. If you go to upper management with a problem, they will say you are trying to tell them how to do the job. They hire inexperienced people that try to be the boss. Management does NOT have your back.
Pros
Nice co-workers, Good tips
Cons
Micro Management, Management contradictions, Video cam spying
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLNovember 6, 2018
Always be ready and never let your guard down because everything will come at you fast with out any warning. Keep positive and your day will go by as fast as it started
Pros
Poaitive attitude and very understanding
Cons
Sometimes care a little bit to much about others.
Good company to work for
DBA Tim Horton's (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 6, 2018
This is a good job to work for as a short-term job. The environment is great for people beginning to enter the workforce because it enhances your customer service skills.
No communication
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MINovember 5, 2018
There is a big lack of communication and leadership. Upper management not involved in daily operations or ins and outs of daily routines. Good benefits but no time for personal life. Don’t get to see my children and family as much as I would like to or should.
was a good place
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYNovember 3, 2018
had no room for growth and nowhere to go with the company. supplied broken tools and was unable to use them. worked long hours and never had time for myself
Great seasonal job
Bar Server in Craft Cave (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2018
Very fun and fast paced seasonal position during local sports seasons. You get the privilege to watch the game while working. It is a positive, high energy environment to work in.
Pros
Tips, coworkers, sports games
Cons
Hours
Needs improvement
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 28, 2018
Lacks communication severely. Very impersonal. HR has improved recently. Other area managers have to communicate better between themselves and their employees. They aren’t very open minded to new ideas
Good Co. bad Managing
Barista (Former Employee) –  Grand Canyon, AZOctober 26, 2018
It was a different exp for sure.They expected you to jump in other jobs even when co-workers didn't want your help. I did learn alot about Coffee being a Barista & Customer's needs.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Lack of Rec. beside's hiking
why i like working at Delaware North
HR Associate Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 25, 2018
What I like the most about working for Delaware North was helping all kinds of employees with different to similar issues. I love to hear the relief they have, after their issues were heard and promise to investigate.
Pros
one hour lunch breaks
Cons
days off were to short
I worked an early shift and had little to no contact with fans and other employees.
Cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2018
I was only a cook for the Pizza Port. From taking to the other employees,they were able to get enough hours during the season. Everyone worked other jobs during the off season.
Pros
Amount of work hours
Cons
Only able to work during season. Six months a year. Only able to work a little during off season.
Could be a better place managemnt team needs alot of help.
Bartender/Lead Supervisor - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 17, 2018
I love the customer service of being a great bartender. The people that come to the football stadium are great. I look forward to the next game to see my great customers.
Management work together that makes our days productive.
Unit Controller (Current Employee) –  Harrison, NJOctober 14, 2018
My work-day is a typical 10 hours day. I'm constantly challenged to produced my best work. I also teach and challenge my associates to give their best. There are continuous changes and improvement in the company. The management is great and easy to approach.
Pros
Management let me do what I do best. No micro-management.
Cons
Healthcare
Cool
cashier, runner,stocker , attending people (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 14, 2018
It was a nice job , but it’s a big company so it depends on what job you’re looking for , it’s a big company compromised of small companies . Good environment
Management had extreme turnover and was unreliable at best
Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 11, 2018
Regardless of how hard you work or how much you exceed job expectation, advancement is unlikely and effort unappreciated. If you're looking for a job that you don't care about, please sign up. If you are looking to push yourself, try somewhere else.
Productive, Positive
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Harrison, NJOctober 9, 2018
A usual day at work is going to my section of the store and organizing the clothes in order. I wait for customers to come in to greet them and ask them if they need help with anything. I wait patiently until the customer is done to clean up or put things back in order.
Pros
$10 hourly pay
Cons
15 minute breaks, long lines to get food
Great place to work with Free Food
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 9, 2018
Event Driven! Payroll for over 1000 employees. Managers working together to make game days successful. Hardiest part is making sure the concessions are staffed for game day with most employees being seasonal.
Fast Paced
Consessions (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJOctober 3, 2018
Good job to have on the side to earn more money for yourself, great staff around you, great environment to be around. always working during fun event with great customers
Pros
free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delaware North. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight