Delaware North Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 250 reviews matching the search See all 1,238 reviews
Great Company!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2018
Depending on your job location, work life balance can be hard. Most managers are very willing to make sure you have a life outside of work. Hours worked can be late, you have to be aware of What division you go into and if this will work with your schedule. Great benefits, always assistance from corporate regarding questions or concerns, discount all over their locations. Free food if working in food service division. The only thing lacking is management in some areas. A good motto to the company would be employees leave managers, not companies.
I worked an early shift and had little to no contact with fans and other employees.
Cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2018
I was only a cook for the Pizza Port. From taking to the other employees,they were able to get enough hours during the season. Everyone worked other jobs during the off season.
Pros
Amount of work hours
Cons
Only able to work during season. Six months a year. Only able to work a little during off season.
I loved it here I enjoyed everything we learned how to work as a team at all times
Comerica park (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 24, 2018
I worked cashier cleaned cook a lot I also was trained for two years to make sure we would get a rate of a 100 percent every year and yes we did I made things I never made before this is a fun and good place to work
Pros
We had free meal tickets everyday
Cons
Short breaks
Its an amazing company that can be better improved
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCOctober 3, 2018
Its an amazing company that i had an opportunity to be work for but needs improvement. Salaries should be raised higher. Along with the hrs of operation should be improved as well.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedule, everybody has a positive attitude to everybody
Cons
Short staffed
Do not appreciate employees
On Call Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 3, 2018
Since they acquired the company I work for, they seem to be only interested in making a profit for the company. Understandable, but some of this comes at the expense of employees making money. Something which is not important to them whatsoever.
Pros
A job
Cons
Will not give raises
Everyone is expendable because the Job is only temperary.
Fry Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 10, 2018
U work a lot of hours for minimum wage or little pay in a small kitchen while you make almost everything by stay and you have to always watch out to see if they're cutting your pay
Pros
A lot of hours, flexible scheduling
Cons
Temporary, little pay
No communication
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MINovember 5, 2018
There is a big lack of communication and leadership. Upper management not involved in daily operations or ins and outs of daily routines. Good benefits but no time for personal life. Don’t get to see my children and family as much as I would like to or should.
Underpaid and Overworked
Fountain Lead (Current Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYSeptember 10, 2018
Little to no benefits. Horribly under-compensated. Good personnel are not rewarded. Bad personnel are not punished.

No concern for customers or employees. Entirely driven by short-term financial metrics.

Multiple food safety and health violations.
Pros
Cons
Endless
Good Place to work
Associate Accounting Admin (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 26, 2018
I think Delaware North company is the greatest company in WNY. and is a good place to work and gain more knowledge and skills.

working at this company make me learn more skill, is no stress, employees respect each other . the managers are very friendly

the time is a flexible time.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Flexible time
all the chefs and management are good to work with and for
Great American Ballpark - Kitchen Lead (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 16, 2018
the days are fun and you learn something new everyday. the days might be long sometimes and the hours might seem a bit strange too at times but the people and the chefs you work with are good.
Pros
free lunches
Needs improvement.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2018
Working for Delaware North isn’t bad , but other people there make it hard for you. Management is not on the same accord. The schedules are pre determined so you have to pa. Your life according to them and it’s based on seniority. They also bid on schedules twice a year so you may or may not work the same schedule .
Pros
Free lunch, great co workers
Cons
Lack of communication between management
exciting place to work most of the time
Agent (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLNovember 10, 2018
It was a job that paid decent but the company was always trying to bust our union and cause friction. I took away much experience from working there. I have good memories as well as unpleasant.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
stressful as union employee
Working as line cook
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 3, 2018
I am a line cook at Comerica Park and got the job out of high school. Part time job with everything that came with it being stressful and feeling of having no life
Pros
I can try to reach 40 hours but depends on if there is a baseball game
Cons
No breaks no OT no lunch’s nothing
A relaxed and fun work place with friendly people.
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 31, 2018
A regular day at work would be chill and easy, not boring at all.
I learned more about how a stadium works and baseball.
Both of my managers were cool and easy to relate to.
The work place culture was nice a lot of friendly employees and the people were easy to work with.
The hardest part of the job was the long hours but it would all pay off.
Being around good people and making good money doing simple things.
Pros
free lunch and the pay depending on what job you plan on working.
Cons
that it was seasonal and that you would only work when the Indians were in town.
Workplace is very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2018
You are overworked for an entire year before you can get any kind of holiday or vacation pay. They dont like to let you take those lousy days. Very high turnover rates. Management here is ridiculous. No raise after working longer then a year. The amount of stress on your mental and your body isnt worth it.
Pros
Medical insurance
Cons
Majority of it all
Very hectic and out of control
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 2, 2018
I have been a superviser hear for 10+ years and my pay hasnt raised and my benifits have been stripped away that i have built up so its time for a change of pace....would be a good part time job for a young person with no experience.
Pros
Food discount.. Free water from fountain...
Cons
Poor benifits... Mismanagement
Good place to work for different jobs
Kitchen Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 27, 2018
Good company to work for differnt areas hockey football and stuff. Usually lots of events at arena that come up extra hours. Worked for the company short term due to ending of season
Pros
Free dinner sometimes
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work sometimes
Barista (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2018
Fun pace to work sometimes stress full nice coworkers management suck don’t care about nobody but themselves. Free lunch but the breaks were short. Overtime is available only when people don’t show up to work. I would still work there if management was better
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks Management Sucks
competitive culture and slightly stressful
Retail Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 7, 2018
Working for Delaware North was a decent first job to have that looks good on resumes for other employers. I learned how to restock vendors and the team store, I received free food often, my co-workers and managers were great and I got to enjoy a baseball game every now and then. Overall fun experience.
Pros
free lunch
Place is ok
Domestic Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 22, 2018
The supervisors at this location are very iffy. If yo are a friend/faavorite you will have a good time. If you are not you will get ridiculed for nstanced where others are not. The pay is very low for the pace of the call center.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Low pay for the work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delaware North. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss