Delaware River Port Authority Employee Reviews

Enjoyed coworkers
Toll Booth Attendant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 19, 2019
Although the work was highly repetitive. I enjoyed the atmosphere provided by supervisors and coworkers.you simply just had to be punctual and perform your task with accuracy.
Pros
Consistent breaks
Cons
Repetitive
Organized
Manager (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 19, 2018
The company is well run and efficient. They provide the tools and opportunity to advance if desired. Pay is competitive for government work and they have represented and non represented positions.
Career Development
ADMINISTRATOR TRAINING & EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 18, 2018
Professional Development is encouraged at the DRPA. Tuition reimbursement is offered. Training and development is very important and offered to all employees at the Authority
Great Place if you have a family
Legal Secretary, Office (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 10, 2018
There is somewhat of a balance if you are looking to start or raise a family. Paid lunches and reasonable benefits cost are great as well. Ample sick and vacation days are a plus.
Working
Toll Plaza Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 23, 2018
Working at DRPA has allowed to experience the vast culture of transportation, it was a great experience that has guided me to think differently about our mast transportation systems.
Benefits
Cons
Out dated policy and procedures
Keep the Region Moving
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 5, 2018
The mission of the DRPA is keeping the roadways safe and moving in the Philadelphia Metro area. Many employees work a shift work schedule and there are about 1100 employees.
Pros
Great People
Cons
pay raises slow and political
Great place to work for experience!
Accounting/Finance Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 14, 2017
The Delaware River Port Authority was a great place to work in order to gain experience in Finance. The hours were 8am -4pm.
I learned how to compare Bank Purchase Loans to LOC's and Compare Interest Rate Swaps and model the comparisons in Excel to present to the CFO. The results were presented at the Finance Committee Meetings and to the Financial Analysts for decision making purposes. I also worked on the Annual Report for 2016 and was credited and published for my effort.
The atmosphere is a little dry and work was slow. The hardest part of the job was finding some kind of task to take up 8hrs of the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the exposure to management and learning new skills in Excel and SAP.
Pros
Exposure to finance, SAP and Excel
Cons
Work was kind of slow and could get boring at times
Great place to learn
Planner (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 14, 2017
If you love transportation, this is the place for you. You get to work on diverse projects and meet great people. Convenient locations in the Greater Philadelphia area.
Delaware River Port Authority Review
Acting Records Manager/Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 8, 2017
DRPA is a good company to work for with many career options. I have advanced and have used the option to get my bachelor's degree with their help. They also provide tuition reimbursement and opportunity to advance.
Good Company
Toll Collector (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 8, 2017
Great benefits and pay. The staff is generally nice and overall work environment stays busy, especially in the mornings and holiday weekends. Management keeps employees well informed on current updates.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Comforting and learned multiple strategies for the work world
Government Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 1, 2017
It was a good summer internship to learn how a business works and to see how people behave in an office and a work place. I learned how to do invoices and how to file papers and learned more about the company and how the money worked for the bridges.
Pros
Hour lunch break, good people to work with
Dedicated, responsible workers. Intrusive political board
Not disclosed (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 4, 2017
Many good managers and employees. Politically connected board exerts stiflingly tight control over department-level policy. Rail operations have strong union
Pros
Important work keeping traffic flowing
Cons
Tight board control
only stayed for a short time due to being called for jury duty
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 27, 2017
DRPA was an ok place to work however I did not enjoy the projects I was given to do and the people were not friendly or helpful at the time. I would give them another chance but I had been called to jury duty once a week for 10 weeks and it became too hard to continue.
Pros
cannot think of any
Cons
I did not consider it to be the job for me
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Coordinator/Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 26, 2015
I started with DRPA when electronic tolls were first installed on the bridges in 2000. As the Customer Service Coordinator and Marketing Assistant, my work day consisted of serving as liaison between the Port Authority and the E-ZPass (electronic tolls) customer service center contractor, Board of Directors, employee accounts, researching, troubleshooting and resolving difficult customer complaints with complex issues. I also assisted with developing marketing plans and campaigns; developed and produced monthly newsletter for E-ZPass customers; and provided customer service training for new employees.

We had a great team of employees that worked very well together.

There were no difficulties in this job. The most enjoyable part was doing the outreach events and the opening of the RiverLink ferry.
Manager, Special Projects - Public Safety (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 10, 2015
The workforce changes with the political environment. The people were great to work with. The management encouraged advancement opportunities
good pay
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 15, 2013
in this job you gain invaluable experience
typical day involves patrolling on bridge
co workers were good
I didn't do anything
Summer Help (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 25, 2013
Nobody does anything, its actively discouraged. Some more words
Productive workplace
Toll Collector- Walt Whitman Bridge (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2013
I am a seasonal intern for the Delaware River Port Authority on the Walt Whitman Bridge connecting New Jersy and Philadelphia. I really enjoy this job. I get to meet new people everyday and make connections with motorists passing through. My managers have said that I am the best intern that they've had in a long time. My co-workers welcomed me with open arms. We are like a family at the Walt Whitman. I could always be counted on by my managers when something extra needed to be done. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather conditions. No matter the condition of the weather, the bridge was always open so I had to work in severe conditions at times.
Relaxed atmosphere.
Toll Booth Collector (Former Employee) –  Betsy Ross BridgeFebruary 16, 2012
This job was a great internship for a college student such as myself.
Pros
listen to music or radio shows, read, or do puzzles when its not busy, getting paid for 2 hours total of breaks
Cons
the early hours (waking up at 5).