Delaware State University Employee Reviews

Funding
Voice Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 7, 2018
My department was underfunded, making it very difficult to obtain the proper resources to properly teach. The lack of funding also makes career advancement/tenure track very difficult.
Review of Research within Chemistry Dept
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 8, 2018
Research is self conducted with lack of collaborative innovative efforts. Not too many research advisor offer students work experience due to the lack of resources and tons of financial instability.
Pros
Decent Student Body
Cons
No job Benefits
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 3, 2018
I learned various lab techniques and areas of research I may be interested in pursuing in the future. The workplace culture I would deem comfortable and supportive.
Great Job for Students
Peer Counselor (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 21, 2018
Being a peer counselor at del state was a great job as a college student. Competetive pay compared to all other college jobs and management is amazing.
An HBCU on the rise to becoming PREMIER
Executive Director - Facilities Operations (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 20, 2018
"Great. This job was a great experience and I learned a lot. Very diverse in jobs and people. Professionals everywhere with great benefits and pay. The college benefits are very good and the University is very oriented towards serving students with the utmost level of excellence in service."
Pros
Continued Education Benefits
Cons
Frequent Leadership changes
Great
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 5, 2018
I’m a graduate assistant and I am enjoying the experiences that are preparing me as a professional. It can be overwhelming at times but the guidance of professors and directors here put me at ease.
Great enviornment
Resident Director (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 3, 2018
DSU is an amazing institution, ran by student-oriented, passionate individuals. Departments like Housing and the Office of Student Leadership & Activities are the throbbing hearts of the institution.
hthjtyrrjyrju
Member, Sports Live Events Team (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 24, 2018
Scholarship
NSCS gives out over $1 million in scholarships annually, including Merit Award scholarships, Study Abroad scholarships, graduate-study scholarships, several program-specific scholarships and much more.

Leadership
NSCS members are viewed as leaders in their education community and organize annually at the NSCS Leadership Summit. Members also have access to career resources, leadership development and much more.

Service
NSCS is a nationwide community of member scholars, officers, advisors, partners, employers, sponsors and more. NSCS Chapters plan activities such as networking events, social gatherings, and community service projects regularly.
Productive and Daring
Testing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 21, 2018
The University through technology especially Office 365 has created an environment where meetings happen on the go; in-person and virtually. Collaboration and sharing of files and documents are easier and these make employees more productive.
Cons
Not all employees are comfortable with the tools made available to them.
working there
Assist Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 14, 2018
Being there with others my age was great, but I was not a fan of the time it took for them to pay us a 100 dollar stipend. Other than that it was fun meeting the incoming freshmen and informing their families on their children life at DSU for the next 4 years.
Nice job for a student
Technical Assistant/Director/Instant Replay (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 13, 2018
Although I learned a lot working here, the professors did not have a lot of knowledge in the areas that they were teaching. Many of them do not know how to edit videos, which is not good especially if you teach a class where editing is required. I learned a lot of how to edit on my own than any professor has ever shown me.
Delaware State University
Senior Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 3, 2018
Is a great place to work! You work 35 hours per week. You work Monday through Friday 8:30 to 4:30pm.

The benefits are wonderful and inexpensive

Management is great depending on the Department you are working.
Pros
great work schedule No weekends
Cons
Salary
Dsu
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 26, 2018
Working here is definitely a challenge
Very unorganized
Must have a passion for students to survive
Campus Life is great for students
Students make it worth it
Pros
State job
Cons
Lots
Low pay. Good work/life balance. Good management and relaxed atmosphere.
Senior Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 19, 2018
Work/life balance is great! Atmosphere is relaxed, but low pay. Depending on department, there is great or little to no team work. Vacation and sick time accrual monthly is a great perk!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
low pay
fun workplace with kids
Head Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 22, 2018
Summer camp was a fun experience because of the kids • Assist the director with organizing events, meetings and filing employee paperwork
• Created a sheet which included contact information for staff and other resources
• Teach the basics of sports and the importance of taking care of their bodies
• Stand as an example for the children to follow
• Provide them with advice
Productive and at times stressful environment
Head Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 1, 2018
Typical work day was watching film, planning for practices or games along with handling administrative duties. I managed all aspects of the program including, staff, players, academics as well as the budget.
What I learned most was how this generation has changed and how to relate to them to help them be more successful.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with a limited budget and changing the culture to having a winning spirit.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going everyday and watching the team grow and mature as student-athletes.
Pros
The enviroment and a sense of family.
Cons
To much turnover in administration.
Great workplace
Administrative Assistant, Admissions (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 1, 2018
my typical day at work is semi busy with assisting students and office task. i have learned more about the university and how much it takes to keep things running smoothly.
Fun work experience
Intramural management trainee (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 26, 2018
Typical day at work is filled with excitement and there is something new everyday. I learned how to be organized and manage individuals. Management were nice and helpful. The workplace culture was awesome. The hardest part of the job was actually being comfortable telling kids I see everyday what to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing new things everyday.
Pros
Fun working environment, Good staff, Facilitie
Cons
Short breaks, Pay cards
Great place to start
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 19, 2018
Good place but low salary. Friendly staff always ready to help out with employee issues. Excellent interaction between staff. I will recommend my friends.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
Low salary
Research job with lots to do
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 3, 2018
If your a student it usually works out good with your school schedule
did all kinds of cool tests with cool equipment.
had to give weekly progress reports