Delaware Technical Community College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Early Childhood assistant
Assistant early Childhood teacher (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, DEAugust 2, 2018
As an assistant teacher at the Georgetown cdc I have great hours, but the work culture is equivalent to a middle school hallway. The director has her head buried in the sand and lets the trouble making curriculum coordinator run the show. Lots of back stabbing and drama on the daily. The kids and families are great but it would be nice to work in a more professional environment with less favoritism.
Great HIgh Tech Institution
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, DEJuly 23, 2018
Every room has computers, white screen, internet access and other up to date instructional tools. College keep up to date adding new texts and courses to the curriculum and converting face to face classes to on-line alternatives.
Pros
Good atmosphere with much academic freedom to teach
Cons
Set salary for adjuncts - no increases after 5+ years of service!
Okay place to work
Job Developer/Employment Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 16, 2018
Delaware Technical Community College, was an okay place to work. The culture seemed to have favorites and picks as to who would get chosen for promotions. Favoritism seemed to be the reason behind any promotional opportunities. Was very hard to prove, but management, especially at the top was still showing preferences that should not have been.
benefits
Cons
management favortism
My Day at DelTech
Accounting Tutor/ Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 1, 2018
My day at Del Tech was basically simple. My employment was based off of me being a scribe. When I was a scribe, all I did was take notes for students who did not have the capabilities do it for themselves
A good entry point to helpdesk I.T.
Campus Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 28, 2018
After 4 years as a helpdesk technician for DTCC, I can say that they provide a good environment for those starting out in I.T., and in need of entry-level experience.
Easy going and Team Spirited
PEER TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 10, 2018
Everyone worked together and helped when others needed. More experienced staff helped the new ones learn and everyone was happy at the end of the day.
Nice work and learning environment
Education Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, DEMay 6, 2018
I enjoy working here. The staff really care for the students. The atmosphere is relaxed, but education is taken seriously ans students are pushed to do well.
supportive
Adjunct professor (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DEMay 4, 2018
I was an adjunct professor in cota program and worked one semester a year in the Seminar class that corresponded to the students last fieldwork rotations. Program director was very supportive and appreciative of my work and time spent with students.
Excellent work environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Stanton, DEApril 22, 2018
Love to influence the next generation of students interested in going into the safety world I bring to the classroom real time situations and the students enjoy hearing this information to relate to the regulations
Pros
Influencing the next generation
Cons
No benefits
Relaxed working enviroment
Clinical Faculty (Current Employee) –  DelawareApril 14, 2018
It is a good place to work. I enjoyed working with my students and will surely miss them If I had to leave. But I need to move to a warmer area and get a full-time faculty job
Pros
Good students
Cons
No full time job
great place to help develop our profession's future
Nursing Instructor-Adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 9, 2018
great adjunct position
great team
just hard to get advancement- teachers NEVER leave, only retire.
that was truly my only drawback
loved the interaction with students; the teaching and preparation for the career.. all great!
Great and fun place to work
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 6, 2018
I fully enjoyed my time at Delaware Technical Community College. I learned so much from the staff and loved working with the children. Everyday was a new experience.
Pros
Great teachers
Cons
Not a bad place to start out in the work world
PEER TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, DEMarch 28, 2018
Working was not a super bad experience, my manager was great, she gave me as many hour as she was able to. My issue with being a instructor for kids on campus was that I was contract based, and my contract was getting messed up at times. Regardless I deeply enjoyed working as a peer tutor and an instructor. It is definitely a great place to work If you are just starting out in the work world.
Pros
Flexible hours
Highly supportive atmosphere for adjunct instructors
Adjunct Instructor of English (part time) (Current Employee) –  Stanton campusMarch 27, 2018
Ready access to classroom and professional technology

Instructional leader available for mentorship and support

Collaborative work environment

Ready access to supplies, materials, texts, and background information on students that is pertinent to classroom inst r uction)
Pros
Flexible schedule, positive classroom environment, great students
Cons
No guarantee of work beyond a single semester
place to be
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 16, 2018
The science department is like a one big family. every one is ready to help each other and work pace is very relaxed. it has many perks such as being independant.
Fun Place/Good People
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, DEFebruary 27, 2018
Delaware Tech provides an awesome atmosphere for the students and staff. The Criminal Justice program at Owens campus leadership provides a supportive environment and embraces each instructors. They strive to make you a better instructor and are always available to assist you in maintaining and improving all aspects of your class.
Employment
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 12, 2018
Benefits are great, salary could be better. Even for working for the state the way does not have to be at the lowest possible. Great time off and health benefits.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Salary is not the best, job security.
library Technician
Library Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 8, 2018
I think it a great place to work but I found it hard to move from position to the another. It a very diverse work place. Sometime the students request can not be filled,and they need information for a topic they are working on for a class. Love being able to help and assist the students, patrons and staff.
Pros
love being able to interact with students & Staff
Cons
Wishing I was able to be employed durning the day
Community Colleges can be great employers!
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 6, 2018
I enjoyed my semesters teaching with this organization. In the 20-odd years since my time there, much has changed, but I believe the majority of the changes have been for the better. My son graduated with an associate's degree from this community college, and I have to say that he only had one bad experience in his coursework, which was not the fault of an instructor, but due to the wrong placement by the academic advising office. College personnel practically bent over backwards to right the issue, and my son was able to graduate on time. I also was extremely impressed with the quality of the instructors in my son's major courses. He learned a great deal, and was more than prepared to go on to another college to complete his bachelor's degree.
Pros
collaborative atmosphere dedicated to student success
Cons
adjunct pay was very low when I worked there
Educational, flexible with my school schedule
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 6, 2018
Great place to work! This is the center I developed most at. I had access to every tool I needed, including the staff who are the best in the field. The management worked right beside every staff member and was always there to help out.
Pros
student and part time employee/