Delaware Valley Floral Group Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Delivery Driver and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJJuly 2, 2018
Overall, it was a decent place to work, it was a steady job, I had a set start time, guaranteed work daily and weekends off. I pretty much knew what I was going to be doing daily.
Pros
Drove company vehicle
Cons
Had some long days
Terrible management and culture
Packer (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJJune 30, 2018
It has been bad for months but has gotten worse. I’m only here like most of the rest of my coworkers until I find something better. Which shouldn’t be hard with how it’s been lately. I wouldn’t recommended this place to anyone. They offer $500 to anyone who recommends a job here to anyone. But if you like your friends and family you won’t do them dirty like that.
Pros
Not many. A paycheck.
Cons
Long hours, unprofessional culture, lack of qualified managers
New management
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJJune 27, 2018
New management belittles the staff supervisors infront of staff and also belittles the staff. Used to be a great work environment but def not anymore with the new owners. They have no idea what this type of buisness intales.
Unprofessional manager/dispatcher
Route Delivery Driver( Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAApril 14, 2018
Do not work there unless you want to have a manager that harasses you by keep calling while you are driving just to make a customer's needs instead of caring for the driver on the road trying to drive and deliver safe! Do not work there unless you want a manager that allows other drivers to be late to work that slows down the operation for delivery and then demands local driver's delivery time to be on same time everyday or you will get harassing phone calls where are you when managers can see where you are. Do not work there unless you do liked to be controlled by your manager and any of your good ideas do not get noticed. No room for advancement,no coffee and donuts on good job guys days like valentines and mothers day peek seasons. Do not work there unless you want to be treated like a teenager or a retired person. Poor management which leads to a toxic work atmosphere that will make you walk away from if you can, and find a manager that will appreciate a dependable/reliable employee that's helping the company grow...... I cant write a review for other locations I never been, so this one is about where I worked.... FREEDOM OF SPEECH CAN BE POWERFULL IF YOU ARE HONEST.....
Pros
Overtime during peak seasons
Cons
Poor management/no rewards or advancement
too many kids running the show
Packer (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJFebruary 1, 2018
great place to work if you like preschoolers! the checkers are the reason people want to leave!! they have so much athority, and they really push it!!
Pros
close to home
Cons
checkers (children run the show)
good work place, laid back environment
Driver/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 31, 2017
job is not overly demanding ,you just need to be prepared to work and be about your business. No one is constantly over your shoulder as long as you handle responsibilities.
Fast paced
Picker (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJAugust 14, 2017
It was a very fast paced place to work but you always kept busy.You hard work, there was never a time when you had nothing to do. I enjoyed there, people were always willing to help each other.
Friendly
Packer (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at the Delaware Valley Floral facility. I was hired as a temporary employment. The only problem working there was that you had to work in a temperature of about 30 degrees to keep the flowers vibrant.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Worked in very cold conditions
its ok job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 25, 2017
this job should be used as a stepping stone ... not a full term job.. its good only if you have a part-time job with it ... The turn around on this job is no good no advancements
Pros
Cons
mannagers do not know what they doing un organize
Job
Picking and Packing (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 17, 2017
This is a good job to work at if you don't have a family. A lot of things go on that's not suppose to be happening and even when approaching a supervisor about a situation little to nothing is done about it. The work hours are terrible and you have no life outside of it.
Pros
You learn new flowers
Cons
The cold, supervisors not taking action, work hours too long, you don't always get 40 hours because there's no set schedule
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJApril 11, 2017
Good pay rate and nice supervisors and training. Learned a lot of different skills, and positions while working here. Great teamwork and coworkers to work with.
I loved buying cut flowers for the super market
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJMarch 9, 2017
This was my dream job. I saw myself retiring from this company but it wasn't in the cards for me. I worked very hard and was available 24/7. My favorite part was buying the components for the mixed bouquets.
Quickly growing company
Business Analyst and Purchaser (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJFebruary 28, 2017
Lots of room for inside advancement. Great human resources and leadership. I've learned lots about operations, logistics, finance and accounting from this company.
Great place to work in
Quality Control Inspector at MIA (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJJuly 2, 2015
Learned to inspect flowers. Got ahead in the floral industry. Worked with some of the best floral inspectors around the US.
Good company to work for
Senior Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJMarch 20, 2015
Delaware Valley Floral Group is a good company to work for. They pushed through the economy and moved ahead of the rest of the field which in turn gave job security.
Small, highly creative design center
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJMarch 29, 2014
For a small in-house design center, there was a varied, array of jobs to do that was a pleasure to execute.
It is a productive place to work, a little fun.
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJDecember 20, 2012
A typical day at work is picking and packing flowers. My co workers are very nice, a bit of the management is tough.The hardest part of the job is standing that it is a warehouse type of job.
Pros
i live close to work that is a very good thing.
Cons
i am part time and i do not get too many hours.
Very Strenuous and demanding
Flower Selector (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJAugust 10, 2012
I worked the night shift from 6pm to when ever we got done. A slow night was about 9 - 10 hrs. I worked in a 32 degree cooler selecting flowers to fulfill customer orders. The most I gained from this job was learning the names and varieties of the different flowers and greens. My co-workers, for the most part were great! The hardest thing to endore was the long nights, which could sometimes be better than 12 hrs. In all honesty the nicest part of the job was just being surrounded by all the flowers and clocking out.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very long hours, very demanding