Delaware Valley Residential Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not a very productive place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant Long Term Care Facility (Former Employee) –  Chalfont, PAJuly 10, 2018
It's pretty far from Philadelphia and very low compensation. I really enjoyed the residents and their families. Management did not seem to care very much for their employee's.
Cons
Very Far location.
At times you are overloaded with residents and the pay is low. Cin working outdoors in any kind of weather
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 29, 2018
Employees should be compensated fairly. Working in any kind if weather conditions is in humane. Acknowledge workers based upon performances. In the hiring process should be better.
Stay away.
Resident aide (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAJanuary 28, 2018
This place is terrible. I worked there for little over a month and the place is nasty, poorly managed and appeared like high school. Stay away. Pay sucks and horrible coworkers.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
Horrible place
Residents Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAJanuary 15, 2018
Manger don’t care about residents staff don’t do they job they sit around and do nothing place have bed bugs the pay rate is poor a lot of residents was getting hurt and management didn’t care
Pros
Easy job some days
Cons
Dirty and management sucks
Great experience for first job out of college
Cognitive Therapist (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PADecember 18, 2017
I have had many opportunities to learn new things and it is a great first job. They say you have weekends off, however you don't, you either work Saturday or Sunday. Co-workers and residents are amazing! If you are looking for a job fresh out of school this is perfect for you!
Pros
Great first job
Cons
working weekends
Nasty & Dirty
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PANovember 25, 2017
Working at Delaware Valley was horrible, they have bed bugs which management knew about!! They did not care for the residents as they should. And they don't give you a chance to grow working there! The management is very ignorant and doesn't care about no one!
Pros
Bed bugs!
Cons
Bed Bugs, Nasty Place
Poor
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PANovember 5, 2017
Besides there bed bug problem they can never keep anyone due to short staff I worked in the morning too many chiefs not enough Indianans the management allows favoritism to residents and staff and the counselor are my children’s age . Not a clean place and it won’t make a difference when they move
Pros
Some residents are really fun to be around
Cons
The nurses steal medicine for themselves
Residents are my number one priority.
Aide Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAOctober 24, 2017
Residents are great. They can be tough at times but are fun to be around. This job is rewarding and they are building a new building that we are all excited about. Most of the managers are approachable and are willing to help. I like working here.
Pros
Managers Care, new building, room to improvement
Cons
Stressful, moves fast
Do it if you really need a job
Residential Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PASeptember 26, 2017
They will hire anyone. A lot of young people work here. They are unprofessional and lazy. You come in really wanting to work with the population but it's hard when there are so many lazy folks. The facility is so dirty. You are afraid to even go to the bathroom. Insurance too high to get. No 401k. Found out 2 weeks in they have a bed bug problem.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Co-workers; Pay; Dirty; Management
A typical day at work
Cognitive Therapist (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PASeptember 6, 2017
Each day would consist of individual therapy billing for assigned patients or group therapy. Group therapy sessions consisted of relearning important life skills. Individual therapy would be geared more toward the specificities of the patient's brain injury.
Pros
easy to switch work days
Cons
work on weekends and management is corrupt
Not too fun, don't Play games
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAAugust 22, 2017
Very strict place to work, don't do a lot of fun things, you have to follow the rules else you'll get fired, People always talking about so you have to be careful who you talk to when am at work it's very easy going for me because i always do my regular routine
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short break
Good
Residental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAApril 8, 2017
I love working for this company at all time. If I had the opportunity to do so when I am back in that area. Works was professional and interacting with both residents and staff as well as managers.
Pros
Always thriving to be good and doing their best
Cons
Like any another institution, they at times face challenges but always do the best to resolve those challenges.
Easy and Fun Job
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAMarch 14, 2017
I used to work there and enjoyed the flexibility of my work day. I turned down a management position because I see the amount of stress the staff put on the managers and I did not want to deal with that. The residents grow on you and you eventually feel that they are a part of your family.
Eh
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PADecember 1, 2016
A typical day at work is helping residents with every day life activities and guiding them through cognitive/behavioral therapy.
Decent job to build resume with, but not career worthy.
Great environment and good pay
Residential Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAOctober 26, 2016
I started working here as an Aide a year ago. I love the residents and working with them. I found a good family like environment at DVRC in comparison to my old job as a nursing home. The pay is ok for only having to deal with one resident, instead of 12 residents at my old job. management is good most of the time, but sometimes they do not approve PTO. Coworkers are good, aside from the gossip and rumors they start, but I try to just mind my own business.
Pros
flexible schedule, room for growth
Cons
benefits are too expensive
Growing, love the residents,
Management (Current Employee) –  DVRCOctober 19, 2016
This is a great organization to be apart of. I have enjoyed every day. There are always challenges with any employer; however, the management team has an open door policy and you can see change happening. I have really learned a lot while being here. If you are looking for an organization that you are looking to grow with, this is it. They look for individuals who aren't afraid to jump right in and get their hands dirty and who come with ideas.
Pros
Flexible hours, supportive/open door policy to management
Cons
Newer company, still working out some kinks
No security
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAOctober 18, 2016
Residents are able to attack you if you don't give meds they want and aides lack empathy for patients. Management has favoritism to whoever follow then around like a puppy. Not paid enough for this type of work
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Management doesn't show empathy for staff
Very unprofessional place! They will hire anyone
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAAugust 25, 2016
I worked for this company and I must say this job was very easy to get. My overall experience with this company was unprofessional and the training is not good for the residents you have to support , when working expect lots of attitude from the evening lead on top of no help from management! People come to work on drugs here, fight, steal and keeps this place so nasty and dirty! Roaches in locker rooms and co workers leave your lunch out when they want from the fridge. Honestly this place is for you if your desperate not to mention the bad pay.
Cons
Short breaks, ants, roaches, smoking, healthcare
Amazing Staff & Residence
Cognitive Therapist (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAAugust 22, 2016
I am a Cognitive Therapist at DVRC and it's a great atmosphere to be in. The management are very helpful and have an open door policy which is rare in this industry. The residences create a true community atmosphere. DVRC seems to actually care about the career path of it's employees and I'm happy for that.
Pros
atmosphere, helpfulness, job growth
Cons
Facility is open 24 hours
Focus on the residents
Cognitive Therapist (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAJuly 2, 2016
Company has high turnover rates, however if the focus is on the residents, your work there will be more fruitful. Co-workers are great, however you will learn that some work harder than others, however, focus on your work, and on the residents. The place is amazing only due to the residents. Be compassionate!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delaware Valley Residential Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Delaware Valley Residential Care Reviews by Location