Delhaize America

3.2Pay & Benefits

Delhaize America insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good place to get your feet wet

Steadily growing company with tons of career advancement oppurtunies flexible scheduling. Poor work life balance long hours high stress undervalued employees high turnover.

Pros

Flexible schedules, Hire from within culture, great 401k benefits package, career advancement oppurtunies, entry level management oppurtunities

Cons

Low pay, long hours, high turnover, high stress

Long hours hard working back breaking

Two hours over or more everyday. If you like to work long hours and like zero structure and improvements on the existing working conditions this is the job for you. All you get is mandatory overtime and this is apart of the job.

Pros

You get frozen food three hours over or more

Cons

Back breaking work

If you value your life, avoid this job

Terrible place to work. Production is the only thing that matters even above employee safety. Workers are paid based on production so it is all about meeting quota and no team work. Little to no training. Long hours. Filthy job.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Over worked

Too long of hours

No set time off but breaks are nice but if you are slow you do not get the extra pay for meeting rate and they will try to move you to another department

Pros & Cons

Some cons are the ever changing schedule, and the hours. You work from your start time until all work is finished. Some nights are short, some nights are really long depending on the case count and number of people. Some pros are job security, the opportunity to make money is always there, insurance & 401k.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Your hardwork goes unnoticed

Great benefit package. Supervisors and co workers are great (for the most part) though your hard work will always go unnoticed and there is no opportunity for advancement despite what they tell you. Great temporary job, but dont expect a future.

Pros

Benefits, culture

Low pay

The pay is low for the job that you do. It is a very physical job that requires strenuous physical work. Poor management and they do it want you to advance.

Pros

Benefits if you are full time

Cons

Pay

The job at Delhaize its great once you learn the rules and procedures.

I've been working at Delhaize for a little over 3 months. During my employment I've learned a lot and do so almost every day. There are many benefits and perks to the job. I've accomplished many personal goals in the time I've worked here.

Pros

There are many benefits and opportunities to make extra money.

Cons

You never know what time youre getting off.

Fun place to work

Delhaize wasn’t too bad of a company to work for. We usually worked 12 hours days. I wasn’t a big fan of mornings/Days nor the management. They have great benefits, and lots of options for jobs.

Pros

The money

Cons

The Employees

hard work great money

fast paced... but repetitive. great pay... during peak seasons. high turnover but great benefits and very flexible with scheduling. not a job for the faint of heart.

Delhaize America

Food lion distribution i a warehouse job based on production. They compensate hard work for good benefits. They do not provide a flexible work schedule.

Excellent work/life balance

Excellent work/life balance and benefits. Fun place to work however, haphazard management creates unnecessary delays in getting tasks accomplished. Mixed communication.

Its a nice place to work

It's a good job to work at just wish we were closed on Sunday. I just wish it was more people that actually would like to work and not just there because it's a pay check

Could have been better

They say one thing and its another. Alot of work but not really appreciated for it. They do things company wide but we cant get our raises on time and way to many reviews on ourself and performance only to be told you meet expectations and thats where you will stay no matter what

Good company

I worked for the company for almost 10 years. No complaint with the company itself. Great benefits, 401K system and employee support. I would recommend working with the company.

I loved this job

I loved the work place they was like family. Long hours but the pay made up for the hours. The benefits was excellent and manager made sure that safety was a priority.

Live and breathe grocery

No one to trust here but yourself, cutthroat business, lack of training, and stressful situations galore. Transfer with a day's notice as reprimand. No documents, just belittling.

Pros

Pto, 401k, health and life insurance

Cons

No break for salaried staff

Delhaize america

Decent job great pay as long as you meet production requirements. All benefits are offered even financial assistance through lion share just ask about it

Don't do it, they pull you in with starting pay and that's still not enough

The job itself is easy , however the supervisors we have make it so much worse and a bad environment to be in. The starting pay is good however after you get the 6 month raise, well good luck getting anymore. They keep changing starting pay to get people in but they DONT change the pay for current employees, so someone on day one is making a few dollars less then someone that has been with the company for 20+ years. Half the time something is broken and they spend money on getting prizes (they have to bribe you to work) instead of getting it fixed. This was a really good place to work everyone looked forward to coming into work, now they change policies without telling people. They even "forgot" to put my vacation time in the computer so I didn't get paid on time. The supervisors just sit in their office (the only part with air conditioning), even if you have a safety issue it's still takes them 1-2 hours to come out.

Pros

The people (not supervisors)

Cons

Supervisors

Unless you want a job as more of a hobby, pass on this one

They pay sht, and even if you fight it and they promise you a raise (happened to me) the pay is still sht. Almost every employee there had to take other positions within the store on top of the ones they already had, just to get enough hours to barely live off of, and of course, no raise for doing twice the work/cross-trainning. They violated labor laws on the regular.

Quick passed

Great place to work. Benifits are good. Fast pase. Always learning new things about the grocery business. And merchandising. As manager you have alot on your plate to take care of. Always looking for people to help get task completed in timely manner. You must be organized to make thing work properly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delhaize America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Delhaize America with

• Delhaize America
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?