Deliv Employee Reviews

Good
Independent Contractor driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 11, 2018
I've been working for Deliv for over a year. As a ex-truck driver, this job is easy. You are an independent contractor,so you need to be time worthy. Deliv community is great. They are there to help you. Dispatchers work hard to get your routes. The new app is fantastic. Getting hours is no problem.
Pros
You are your own boss. Relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
A little wear and tear on your car.
Enjoyable, Flexible Job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 9, 2018
Deliv gives the option of selecting your own schedule weekly, Pay is great and patrons are personable. Excellent pay, Freedom with schedule.Personable
Not enough hours
Independent Contractor Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 31, 2018
As a driver you will work less than 15 hrs per week. With hourly rate, $0.50 per mile and tips you average about $25 per hour. They try to dispatch you in the area you live, but it is not always the case.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
Barely useful for even a temporary side job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 31, 2018
It pays fair, but the issue is there are rarely ever deliveries available and since it pays by the delivery, then it doesn't matter if you beat the other guy to accepting available hours. You can be the fastest at accepting available hours as you like but having deliveries is what is key. My best week for Deliv was making 11 deliveries, that's how rare it is. At least the pay is fair and you don't end up feeling like you wasted time and gas.
Pros
Pay is fair, you are your own boss, no stress
Cons
Deliveries are extremely rare, finding parking, no reimbursement for gas, app is glitchy
Decent side money
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2018
Immediately they let you know that they take out 80 dollars from your first check for your background check. (increments of 40). I worked 4 hours one day and my check was a little over $100. For the most part the job is pretty simple and straight forward. Here are the cons: When you start your shift they may say to drive to one area that is completely on the other side of town (about 1 hour drive sometimes) from where you are, and by time you get there they may delete the task and replace it without alerting you. I was once sent across town, arrived to see the task cancelled, waited there 2 hours before a new task was added to go back to my side of town to pick up something. Was NOT reimbursed for the gas traveled!
If there's issues, dispatch isn't always there to contact, so you'll have to call them through the app. If the customer isn't home then you need to return the item to the store if they don't have a secure spot to leave it, and I don't think you're paid for that either. Possibly only successful deliveries. You aren't paid for time waiting in traffic either, just the mileage their app says it should take you. So on some of my 8 hour shifts, it says "time on task 4 hours 30 minutes" so that's what I'm paid for. (To be fair: that day STILL came out to about 19/hour).
Also, hours are first come first serve every Tuesday night at 9pm. If your phone isn't super fast with amazing signal, don't count on getting hours. The new app now alerts everyone to sign up for hours so by 9:01 it's very likely all shifts for the next week are taken. I believe the hour cap was raised
  more... recently to 25 hours per week from 19. This is raised during holiday season also. The lowest I've ever made here is about 19/hour even with all these issues. Try to ignore weekends because most businesses that want deliveries are closed and for some reason are scheduled then you don't get paid when you can't deliver, which also sucks if you paid for parking in the city! (They may reimburse parking but I never asked)  less
Pros
easy, good pay
Cons
communication, lack of hours, what you're paid for
Don't Work for Deliv
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 17, 2018
I drove for Deliv for a short period of time, but they do not pay the way they say they do. They don't take care of their contractors. When I was driving for them, I was delivering for FoodKick in Manhattan. After receiving tickets in front of the facility because they had us waiting too long for the pickup to be ready, I decided I couldn't work for them anymore. The bags we were given were too heavy for us to carry alone and the dispatchers would have us sitting around for hours waiting for a call and because of that, I was lucky if I made $200/week for them. This isn't worth the gas you waste completing their deliveries to not get paid for the stops. They say they pay by the hour, but there's a catch to it. They will only pay by the hour when you are out completing a delivery, otherwise you're there on your own time. There are other companies that will compensate contractors correctly, but Deliv is NOT one of them.
Pros
They give you 50 cents/mile extra
Cons
Overworked, not appreciated, no pay is guaranteed
Its a complete waste of time, energy and money. Its like you are just delivering using your own car and gas while deliv is making the money.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 8, 2018
My experience in the first day:

1. Scheduled for 4 hours but got paid for 2.87 hrs which they call some settlement thing.
2. Drove 20 miles to the first pick up location, which they didn’t reimburse.
3. Finding parking in the pickup location is really hard. Meaning more gas.
4. They deducted the background check fee ($40 in two installments) which I didn’t know that they would. Probably they put it some where in the agreement which people normally would not notice. But no other ride sharing company did that to me before.
5. Drove back another 20 miles to home which they didn’t reimburse as well.
6. After factoring in every thing you basically make nothing but frustrations. But deliv makes money no matter what.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Its all about cons. Please see the review.
Good side job not a career
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2018
They could be more organized, hours are not consistent. All contact is through phone's and dispatcher can take a long time to get back to you. They need to confirm orders before sending drivers on bogus trips.
Good enivorment and culture to work around
ery Driver Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 10, 2018
I like working with Deliv. I plan on keeping it as my side job. I worked in Brooklyn which is where I live. The staff is friendly and helpful. I spend most of my day driving and alone which doesn't bother me. During the rush hours traffic can get hectic but other than that I like the job.
Pros
Pick my own schedule, work in my bourough
Cons
no hours available to work, not being paid while waiting for my tasks after I completed my previous delieveries
Don’t waste your time!
Independent Contractor (Driver) (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2018
Initially when I started with Deliv things were fine, more than enough hours to choose from during the week (20) with the possibility of getting more based on your availability. I went from working at least 20-30 hours/week to 0 in a weeks worth of time!!

I began in March 2018 & things were consistent, steady, & busy. A great source for reliable extra income. Now in July, it’s TERRIBLE!!!

As of right now drivers can only select to work up to 12 hours/week...& that’s if you’re fortunate to get hours! Their scheduling system is terrible to say the least. Drivers are required to select their hours every week at the same time so when there’s few hours to choose from & too many drivers it makes for a disaster. When I reached out to dispatch to ask about the lack of available hours (multiple times via email) someone FINALLY responded & said some corporate BS that “it’s a contract job & the hours are available based off the availability” & blah blah blah.

Come to find out, they lost a HUGE contract & that’s why the hours have dwindled. No communication on their part or anything, I found out because I reached out to the store.

The dispatchers...that’s another story! They may or may not contact you during your shift. They are rude. They do not know how to correctly route & will have you all over the city vs keeping you in one area, which makes more sense. And don’t complain about it, they’ll start to target you & purposely give you terrible routes. The company is more invested in their dispatchers (employees) vs drivers (independent contractors), so much so that it’s a
  more... reminder in emails to be nice to the dispatchers. O & btw, the dispatchers are based out of Atlanta which is of no help to me in Pittsburgh!!! Idk how they can properly route when they aren’t familiar with the area or able to take detours or construction into account.

Overall, it had potential but I feel like the loss of the contract, poor communication skills, as well as lack of hours to choose from make this a waste of time!
Pros
Work/life balance, able to choose how often you want to work
Cons
Poor communication, app crashes, lack of work, RUDE dispatchers

Want to know more about Deliv?

Ask a question
Deliv!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJuly 17, 2018
Great company. Excellent team that really has fun together. Deliv is a great company to work for and will definitely make it to the top in its industry.
Pros
Free Lunch
Good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
Good good work environment and a lot of camaraderie among allwork schedules are flexible, try to give the most hours available for each driver good ,good
Don’t waste time and effort
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJune 18, 2018
This is a shady company with very poor communication, and a buggy app that will greatly impact your performance. There was no support from the office. Often, especially near holiday season, it was completely normal that you would go to a store for a pick up and the order will be wrong and/or not yet fulfilled. This requires you reach out to dispatch so that they can remedy the issue and get you into the next order. Then you will proceed to wait for a response for up to an hour, if you hear from them at all. This is an incredible waste of time of the drivers and shows a sincere lack of care or empathy for them or their time, you don’t get paid for waiting around. Anyways, my advice, save yourself the pain And misery and just get a regular hourly job, I ended up doing that and everting is going a lot better. Save this “opportunity” for some other poor sucker.
Pros
Pick you own work hours (even though those hours are often spent waiting around stores with no pay)
Cons
Very poor communication, cut throat culture, buggy application, pay often doesn’t work out well due to long waiting
A couple of Kinks but I'm sure will soon be great
Driver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2018
The manufacturers that they interact with are not always courteous and sometimes are downright disrespectful and disregard the fact that we're working with that business or department store or whatever and the delivery management needs to solidify their agreement and understanding of how we pick up deliveries from certain locations
Pros
Learning more about your own area
Cons
Traffic violations
not difficult work but the management could use great improvement
Community Success Representative/Scheduling Lead (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJune 7, 2018
not difficult work but the management could use great improvement. Middle management is good in the analysis of the business and numbers but could improve on managing people and showing value to the staff.
Pros
work from home on weekends, catered lunch on Wednesdays, free drinks and snacks
Cons
small staff for a lot of work, leadership from mid management is lacking
Very laid back environment
Handing customer service calls (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 14, 2018
Worked states from the south, mid and east coast and west coast. I got to interact with drivers all over the country. The hardest part of the job was making sure that the drivers got to their destination.
So so
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 8, 2018
The job is pretty easy but not guaranteed hours. It's pretty much flexible but the only thing is that you are not guaranteed the hours and it's first come first serve basis.
Consider Elsewhere
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAApril 30, 2018
Beware: many people are leaving this company or trying to leave. Half of executive staff does not belong up there - no management skills. Poor culture
Productive and fun workplace.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAApril 3, 2018
Deliv is a great place to work if you enjoy being your own boss. You can work up to 20+ hours in a week. You travel using your own vehicle. Very time sensitive.
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
Wear and tear using your own vehicle
Worth it for some extra cash
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2018
It is a fairly straightforward experience, and pretty much what you would expect. I did it years ago, and it may possibly be different now, but it was hard to get hours / work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deliv. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about