Deliv Employee Reviews

Don't Work for Deliv
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 17, 2018
I drove for Deliv for a short period of time, but they do not pay the way they say they do. They don't take care of their contractors. When I was driving for them, I was delivering for FoodKick in Manhattan. After receiving tickets in front of the facility because they had us waiting too long for the pickup to be ready, I decided I couldn't work for them anymore. The bags we were given were too heavy for us to carry alone and the dispatchers would have us sitting around for hours waiting for a call and because of that, I was lucky if I made $200/week for them. This isn't worth the gas you waste completing their deliveries to not get paid for the stops. They say they pay by the hour, but there's a catch to it. They will only pay by the hour when you are out completing a delivery, otherwise you're there on your own time. There are other companies that will compensate contractors correctly, but Deliv is NOT one of them.
Pros
They give you 50 cents/mile extra
Cons
Overworked, not appreciated, no pay is guaranteed
Its a complete waste of time, energy and money. Its like you are just delivering using your own car and gas while deliv is making the money.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 8, 2018
My experience in the first day:

1. Scheduled for 4 hours but got paid for 2.87 hrs which they call some settlement thing.
2. Drove 20 miles to the first pick up location, which they didn’t reimburse.
3. Finding parking in the pickup location is really hard. Meaning more gas.
4. They deducted the background check fee ($40 in two installments) which I didn’t know that they would. Probably they put it some where in the agreement which people normally would not notice. But no other ride sharing company did that to me before.
5. Drove back another 20 miles to home which they didn’t reimburse as well.
6. After factoring in every thing you basically make nothing but frustrations. But deliv makes money no matter what.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Its all about cons. Please see the review.
Good side job not a career
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2018
They could be more organized, hours are not consistent. All contact is through phone's and dispatcher can take a long time to get back to you. They need to confirm orders before sending drivers on bogus trips.
Good enivorment and culture to work around
ery Driver Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 10, 2018
I like working with Deliv. I plan on keeping it as my side job. I worked in Brooklyn which is where I live. The staff is friendly and helpful. I spend most of my day driving and alone which doesn't bother me. During the rush hours traffic can get hectic but other than that I like the job.
Pros
Pick my own schedule, work in my bourough
Cons
no hours available to work, not being paid while waiting for my tasks after I completed my previous delieveries
Don’t waste your time!
Independent Contractor (Driver) (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2018
Initially when I started with Deliv things were fine, more than enough hours to choose from during the week (20) with the possibility of getting more based on your availability. I went from working at least 20-30 hours/week to 0 in a weeks worth of time!!

I began in March 2018 & things were consistent, steady, & busy. A great source for reliable extra income. Now in July, it’s TERRIBLE!!!

As of right now drivers can only select to work up to 12 hours/week...& that’s if you’re fortunate to get hours! Their scheduling system is terrible to say the least. Drivers are required to select their hours every week at the same time so when there’s few hours to choose from & too many drivers it makes for a disaster. When I reached out to dispatch to ask about the lack of available hours (multiple times via email) someone FINALLY responded & said some corporate BS that “it’s a contract job & the hours are available based off the availability” & blah blah blah.

Come to find out, they lost a HUGE contract & that’s why the hours have dwindled. No communication on their part or anything, I found out because I reached out to the store.

The dispatchers...that’s another story! They may or may not contact you during your shift. They are rude. They do not know how to correctly route & will have you all over the city vs keeping you in one area, which makes more sense. And don’t complain about it, they’ll start to target you & purposely give you terrible routes. The company is more invested in their dispatchers (employees) vs drivers (independent contractors), so much so that it’s a
  more... reminder in emails to be nice to the dispatchers. O & btw, the dispatchers are based out of Atlanta which is of no help to me in Pittsburgh!!! Idk how they can properly route when they aren’t familiar with the area or able to take detours or construction into account.

Overall, it had potential but I feel like the loss of the contract, poor communication skills, as well as lack of hours to choose from make this a waste of time!
Pros
Work/life balance, able to choose how often you want to work
Cons
Poor communication, app crashes, lack of work, RUDE dispatchers
Deliv!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJuly 17, 2018
Great company. Excellent team that really has fun together. Deliv is a great company to work for and will definitely make it to the top in its industry.
Pros
Free Lunch
Good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
Good good work environment and a lot of camaraderie among allwork schedules are flexible, try to give the most hours available for each driver good ,good
Don’t waste time and effort
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJune 18, 2018
This is a shady company with very poor communication, and a buggy app that will greatly impact your performance. There was no support from the office. Often, especially near holiday season, it was completely normal that you would go to a store for a pick up and the order will be wrong and/or not yet fulfilled. This requires you reach out to dispatch so that they can remedy the issue and get you into the next order. Then you will proceed to wait for a response for up to an hour, if you hear from them at all. This is an incredible waste of time of the drivers and shows a sincere lack of care or empathy for them or their time, you don’t get paid for waiting around. Anyways, my advice, save yourself the pain And misery and just get a regular hourly job, I ended up doing that and everting is going a lot better. Save this “opportunity” for some other poor sucker.
Pros
Pick you own work hours (even though those hours are often spent waiting around stores with no pay)
Cons
Very poor communication, cut throat culture, buggy application, pay often doesn’t work out well due to long waiting
A couple of Kinks but I'm sure will soon be great
Driver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2018
The manufacturers that they interact with are not always courteous and sometimes are downright disrespectful and disregard the fact that we're working with that business or department store or whatever and the delivery management needs to solidify their agreement and understanding of how we pick up deliveries from certain locations
Pros
Learning more about your own area
Cons
Traffic violations
not difficult work but the management could use great improvement
Community Success Representative/Scheduling Lead (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJune 7, 2018
not difficult work but the management could use great improvement. Middle management is good in the analysis of the business and numbers but could improve on managing people and showing value to the staff.
Pros
work from home on weekends, catered lunch on Wednesdays, free drinks and snacks
Cons
small staff for a lot of work, leadership from mid management is lacking
Very laid back environment
Handing customer service calls (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 14, 2018
Worked states from the south, mid and east coast and west coast. I got to interact with drivers all over the country. The hardest part of the job was making sure that the drivers got to their destination.
So so
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 8, 2018
The job is pretty easy but not guaranteed hours. It's pretty much flexible but the only thing is that you are not guaranteed the hours and it's first come first serve basis.
Consider Elsewhere
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAApril 30, 2018
Beware: many people are leaving this company or trying to leave. Half of executive staff does not belong up there - no management skills. Poor culture
Productive and fun workplace.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAApril 3, 2018
Deliv is a great place to work if you enjoy being your own boss. You can work up to 20+ hours in a week. You travel using your own vehicle. Very time sensitive.
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
Wear and tear using your own vehicle
Worth it for some extra cash
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2018
It is a fairly straightforward experience, and pretty much what you would expect. I did it years ago, and it may possibly be different now, but it was hard to get hours / work.
i like it
Driver (Current Employee) –  californiaMarch 10, 2018
i get to drive in my own vehucle and delivering items from retail stores. very flexible schedule but competitive. i like working for deliv but the hour sare limited.
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Like other driving gigs, you'll pick up bagged items from a set location and deliver them to the customer within a time certain time frame. Work varies, but the job is easy to do.
Great temp job
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Great for a temporary job that is flexible towards whatever kind of schedule you have. No benefits. They don't take off taxes in your paycheck so you will have to pay back a huge amount during tax season.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits
Drive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2018
With this job, you'll drive around the city picking up packages and sometimes cakes from shopping malls or small stores. Deliver them to the houses with your app navigating you the whole time.
Pros
Higher pay
Cons
requires your own vehicle
Good concept with opportunity to improve
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I've been with Deliv since 2014. I enjoy being able to choose my hours and drive from different commercial locations delivering packages. I met interesting people and got very familiar with the city and metro area. I wish the company would give more hours as they only allow you to work an average of 16 to 18 hours a week. This group of serial Silicon Valley entrepreneurs needs to familiarize itself with the city of Houston and its traffic challenges because there was lots of wasted time and energy that was unnecessary. You commit to certain amount of hours and they push you to go passed your committed hours. When you have other responsibilities and can't continue passed the hours you singed up for, they retaliate against you. During the holidays. they will push you to go all day late into the night and if you don't, they get your hours taken away.
Pros
Flexible hours with independent culture
Cons
Not enough hours and many communication issues with accounts