Deliv

Deliv Employee Reviews for Driver

We would run out of work ,. The busy days was good. The scheduling and picking up hours was really bad. Some days no work And waste time driving there
Deliv is going out of business and selling it's technology and software to Target. I worked weekends mainly for extra income. The pay ranged from a subminum wage of 6 to 18 dollars an hour tops when it was busiest as during Christmas . Averaging out to 10-12 per hour plus car and gas expenses makes this type of "gig job" not really worth it. Try your local McDonalds or WalMart instead.
Pros
Flexible hours, app generally worked
Cons
Low pay, competion for hours
So far so good 😊 will highly recommend to sign up flexible-able, fun, simple. Blocks become available daily no waiting but if it appears grab it or you will lose out
No advancement what so ever. Not a primary job. Not fit to pay any primary bills consistently. No security or protection from customers who have a discriminatory ideal.
I have been with deliv for 2 years and I have liked it on and off. They are very unorganized at times meaning you will get jobs not in order of trips. Ex going one side of town and back the back again especially if u have a return. Or if you have an hour left in your shift they might say go to round rock or farther at 5 which will take you an hour or more to get there and then u go over your shift. Hard to accommodate another job to that way. Also the way they have the schedule now is different and harder to get hours except around Christmas when it gets busier. The positive is not bad pay but could be better. The pay is why I stay for now and u get mileage. That's my 2 cents.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not enough hours and contract
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Don’t work here it’s a complete waste of time. Don’t know how to properly make routes and will have you waiting for hours if you need assistance. And it’s almost impossible to get hours if you weren’t on the app when the schedule is released
Deliv dispatchers show favoritism to certain drivers. I witness a dispatcher take away a route from one driver because it was more convenient for a driver that she knew and give the other driver a more difficult & longer distance route. If a route have a tip attached you can best believe they will try to hold it for someone they know. When you speak on it for some reason hours don’t be available the following week. I’m over this crooked company, well wishes to the other contractors dealing with the unorganized organization.
Pros
I haven’t came across one yet
It pays fair, but the issue is there are rarely ever deliveries available and since it pays by the delivery, then it doesn't matter if you beat the other guy to accepting available hours. You can be the fastest at accepting available hours as you like but having deliveries is what is key. My best week for Deliv was making 11 deliveries, that's how rare it is. At least the pay is fair and you don't end up feeling like you wasted time and gas.
Pros
Pay is fair, you are your own boss, no stress
Cons
Deliveries are extremely rare, finding parking, no reimbursement for gas, app is glitchy
Immediately they let you know that they take out 80 dollars from your first check for your background check. (increments of 40). I worked 4 hours one day and my check was a little over $100. For the most part the job is pretty simple and straight forward. Here are the cons: When you start your shift they may say to drive to one area that is completely on the other side of town (about 1 hour drive sometimes) from where you are, and by time you get there they may delete the task and replace it without alerting you. I was once sent across town, arrived to see the task cancelled, waited there 2 hours before a new task was added to go back to my side of town to pick up something. Was NOT reimbursed for the gas traveled! If there's issues, dispatch isn't always there to contact, so you'll have to call them through the app. If the customer isn't home then you need to return the item to the store if they don't have a secure spot to leave it, and I don't think you're paid for that either. Possibly only successful deliveries. You aren't paid for time waiting in traffic either, just the mileage their app says it should take you. So on some of my 8 hour shifts, it says "time on task 4 hours 30 minutes" so that's what I'm paid for. (To be fair: that day STILL came out to about 19/hour). Also, hours are first come first serve every Tuesday night at 9pm. If your phone isn't super fast with amazing signal, don't count on getting hours. The new app now alerts everyone to sign up for hours so by 9:01 it's very likely all shifts for the next week are taken. I believe the hour cap was raised - more...
Pros
easy, good pay
Cons
communication, lack of hours, what you're paid for
My experience in the first day: 1. Scheduled for 4 hours but got paid for 2.87 hrs which they call some settlement thing. 2. Drove 20 miles to the first pick up location, which they didn’t reimburse. 3. Finding parking in the pickup location is really hard. Meaning more gas. 4. They deducted the background check fee ($40 in two installments) which I didn’t know that they would. Probably they put it some where in the agreement which people normally would not notice. But no other ride sharing company did that to me before. 5. Drove back another 20 miles to home which they didn’t reimburse as well. 6. After factoring in every thing you basically make nothing but frustrations. But deliv makes money no matter what.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Its all about cons. Please see the review.
I like working with Deliv. I plan on keeping it as my side job. I worked in Brooklyn which is where I live. The staff is friendly and helpful. I spend most of my day driving and alone which doesn't bother me. During the rush hours traffic can get hectic but other than that I like the job.
Pros
Pick my own schedule, work in my bourough
Cons
no hours available to work, not being paid while waiting for my tasks after I completed my previous delieveries
The manufacturers that they interact with are not always courteous and sometimes are downright disrespectful and disregard the fact that we're working with that business or department store or whatever and the delivery management needs to solidify their agreement and understanding of how we pick up deliveries from certain locations
Pros
Learning more about your own area
Cons
Traffic violations
It is a fairly straightforward experience, and pretty much what you would expect. I did it years ago, and it may possibly be different now, but it was hard to get hours / work.
i get to drive in my own vehucle and delivering items from retail stores. very flexible schedule but competitive. i like working for deliv but the hour sare limited.
With this job, you'll drive around the city picking up packages and sometimes cakes from shopping malls or small stores. Deliver them to the houses with your app navigating you the whole time.
Pros
Higher pay
Cons
requires your own vehicle
Deliv is an easy side job to either compensate a current part time job or an extra income on top of a full time job. If you like to drive, deliv makes it easy to get to know your area and surrounding neighborhoods. It's like Uber or Lyft without having to drive people.
Pros
relaxed environment, flexible hours, easy to work with staff
Cons
no benefits
Sent to a lot of high rises without parking,. Try to get a parking comp, carrying heavy items up to 23 rd floor and try to find the right company because the app only gives you the address. No tips Service area is huge, so plan on spending a ton on gas and tolls. Plan on sneaking into gated communities because no arrangement is made for your entry in most cases. Again, don't expect tips. At least in my area. Consider yourself LUCKY if you get 3-7 deliveries PER WEEK even if you made yourself available for 25-30 hours. Avg pay is 15.00 ea And availble means you're on stand-by. The support staff are really nice, helpful people. Great concept, but it has bugs that need to be worked out.
Pros
Listening to music as you drive
Cons
not worth the cost of doing the job
It's a great job and theres a lot of opportunity to make a lot of money. Just have to remember it is an independent contractor job and remember to set aside money for taxes.
Pros
Decide when you work and how long
Cons
Not many
I went through the on boarding steps as they instructed. It's a fairly convoluted process start to finish. All the while they kept sending me emails to have me submit this, or fill out that, including setting up an eBay account. The last step was to provide them with pics of my car and of me. That's when all came to a halt. All of a sudden they aren't interested. I suspect as soon as they saw my pic they realized I was an older worker and did not want me to represent their company. No way it was my car. I have a late model Acura MDX that I planned on using for deliveries.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Not older worker oriented
Official response from Deliv
April 11, 2017
Thanks for your feedback - we value your partnership. Please contact us at community@deliv.co to discuss how to maximize your time with Deliv.