Dell Technologies Employee Reviews

Found 5,376 reviews matching the search See all 9,547 reviews
Productive and Fun
Lead Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2019
Working for Dell gave me the opportunity to learn new technologies. They were always helpful when i was onsite with clients. Over all great place to work for
Great Early Career Job
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 18, 2019
Dell caters to those early in their careers more than any other group, which is good to know so that you can make the best decision for yourself. Very good benefits and comp for an early career job, and even potential for really good money if you are in sales and happen to luck into the right territory. Yes, luck is as important as your efforts. Both are usually required to make the good money.

In Nashville, the physical work environment is tight. They have crammed people into every inch as they have grown. If you need space, privacy, or quiet....this is not for you.

Overall, I have nothing bad to say about Dell....only good. However, it's not for everyone and please be honest to yourself and Dell as to if this is a good fit.
Pros
Comp/Benefits/Perks
Cons
Physical Work Environment
Stressful, overworked
Corporate Communications Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 18, 2019
This job requires too many hours and a lack of management support in getting your work done (to be fair, management is sometimes in the same boat). There is flexibility in working remotely, but the reality is you feel like you're on the clock all the time. They don't compensate well enough for that kind of drudgery.
Exciting atmosphere
Senior Assistantant Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 17, 2019
I enjoyed the college campus type atmosphere at Dell. It was fun to be part of the Dell culture. They had lots of employee perks, vendor fairs, etc. I worked on the incoming calls system helping close sales.
Good company
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 16, 2019
Good company, especially considering its size. Decent level of information-sharing with its employing. Smart management. Decent attention to work-life balance. Positive culture.
They treat their people farily
Software Engineering Consultant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 16, 2019
It is a good place to work. I left the company with a buyout / voluntary layoffs, whereby I was compensated for the 16 years I worked there. During my work there I was handsomely rewarded for having 7 patent filings and 4 white paper publications.

They treat there employees correctly and I would be happy to return to work for them.
Extremely stressful and mismanaged
Insurance Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  OKC, OK.August 16, 2019
This was an extremely stressful environment. Dell was a subcontractor and competed heavily to maintain this contract. Often times expectations were unclear. Very transient environment as people walked out or were fired daily.
Pros
I needed the job
Cons
Mismanaged
Productive and relaxed environment
Sales Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAAugust 15, 2019
Productive and relaxed work space, option to work remote. Very collaborative and innovative teams.Work-life balance is very important to the company and benefits are amazing.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Channel Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 15, 2019
Dell is a great place to work, an amazing company, a lot to offer but you have to work hard to get it. I love the work life balance at the organization, you get to work from home twice a week.
General
Technical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2019
Accounts are constantly changing and you either get good ones or bad ones. You have to hit you MSP number each week, which is hard is sales are slow or you get bad accounts. You are told things that generally aren't true and if you say anything you are viewed as "negative". You are in a cold call scenario in a cube call center atmosphere. Culture is great but you're either an all-star stud or a dirtbag based on how well you do and the accounts you get aligned to.
Pros
Great fun atmosphere and culture with lots of friends.
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, Management is poor, No in-house HR, Very low pay.
Great Place to Work
Business Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2019
The Dell EMC / Dell Technologies culture code is a top priority for all employees. It is a very inspiring, and great place to work. Employees are treated like family.
Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAAugust 8, 2019
Contracted at Dell / EMC for less than a year. Many contractors come and go, enjoyed my time there. Worked mostly with off-shore employees, very busy and at times chaotic atmosphere but overall good experience.
Don’t work there
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2019
It’s a total mess. It’s not worth working there unless you just want to break into the IT industry. They work you to death and you are treated like a number.
Dell is a Nice place to work.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY 42101August 6, 2019
Dell is a nice place to work. Family friendly environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with disgruntled customers whom had complaints after being on hold for so long via the queue
Diverse culture
rather not say (Current Employee) –  rather not sayAugust 6, 2019
Dell has a great diverse culture and looks to build upon it. Many employee resource groups and opportunities to collaborate across the world. Encourages remote workers, too.
Avamar-EMC was a great place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 6, 2019
While I never actually worked for Dell per se, I enjoyed my five plus years at Avamar-EMC. We had a great team, I learned a lot and I ws given many chances to improve my craft. I frequently took on projects no one else wanted and I had significant successes with these. I invented a new kind of process that was patented - my first. Great team, good friends, a lot of good work and social experiences there.
Fun
Project Manager (consultant) (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 5, 2019
Work life was good, Dell provides you the work life to succseed.
Work life was totally different then what was described in job offer, had to travel which I enjoyed, but was not given the freedom which I was offered
Good
Cons
Short breaks
Great job
IT desktop tech (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 4, 2019
Loved the team atmosphere. Raises we're timely, didn't have to remind them when your yearly review was coming up. Management was always willing to help out when needed.
upper management is a joke
Pro Support Technical Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 1, 2019
Alorica in Lake Mary has the Dell account. The upper management at this site is a complete joke. There is extreme favoritism. There are people in positions on that account that have no business being in the position in the first place. It is clearly who you know and how much you like to suck up rather than what you know and how you can make a difference that matters more. The company is so money hungry that they are over working the agents by increasing call volume when they clearly do not have the staff to cover it. The overall moral is extremely low to the point where even team managers are leaving regularly. I do not suggest accepting a position on the Dell account. I have heard great things about the USAA account though.
Challenging and lots of incredible team members
Test and Target Consultant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 1, 2019
Work environment was rigorous and very demanding.
Worked alongside brilliant minds.
Leadership struggled to communicate across larger corporate culture

Pay and benefits were very good
Home and Work life balance were a challenge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K