Dell Employee Reviews

Found 5,123 reviews matching the search
Great Firm
Great organization, large and great team.
Enjoyed my time at dell. Great manager. The company cared for employees and their professional development.

Managers were amazing
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
N/a
Workplace Communication
The executive team communicate effectively on the overall plan and strategy, providing a direction for the company. Sometimes the work gets lost in the shuffle and it is difficult to remain aligned to cross functioning groups trying to execute on individual workflows.
Great company
this is a great company to work for...it has the lowest medical insurance premiums I have seen so far.

The company is pro life/work balance...you might be able to get 2-3 WFH days depending on your department.
Dell is a great place to work
Dell has been good to me and my family. Allows for self development and moving upward.

Medical and dental benefits are all great and the people you work with are all great.
Frequent changes aren’t communicated
I have worked for Dell twice. In my most recent position I was a remote employee. My requests were often ignored and the general consensus of most of the people I worked with was one of being overworked and underpaid.
Maybe Next Time
Great company pay & opportunity to work remote. Benefits are amazing as paternal/maternal leave is paid for 3 months. culture isn't bad but sometimes unorganized overall. Making it difficult to navigate growth path
Company always looking to save a buck or two.
Company claims they want to attract the best and brightest, but they don't really show it by the benefits they offer compared to rest of the industry. They also do a poor job of recognizing talent and helping their employees grow professionally into more decision making roles with more responsibility.
Very fun
Working with other teammates were really fun. I worked in a project called Self Center Indoor Positioning system for Data Center . It was really fun and helped me to learn a lot
Productive and fun work environment with regular fun team building activities.
I truly loved my time at Dell. Not only did I feel valued as an employee but as a person. That is hard to find and I have missed that culture and environment since my team was laid off in 2016.
Management not aware of support required
Job duties were not specific to job requirements. Clients were not informed of support that was provided. Clients were not aware of the degree of support that was provided.
Great company
Very large organization with probably too many middle managers. Easy to get lost in the shuffle, but upper management tries to be inclusive of everyone. Great benefits and the culture is a strong focus of leadership.
A very Fun work enviornment
Dell has a very fun work environment where you don't feel like you are stuck behind the desk all the time. Work/life balance is great. you get to work from home twice a week. the management focus on your growth and have programs designated for it.
Insightful and Engagin
During my time with Dell, I spent my entire summer become an Excel expert. I worked closely with the sales team to learn about business needs and got the freedom to build a model I believed would solve problems.
Pros
Freedom to be creative
TCE Total Customer experience
Dell Strives to reach customers on a TCE level. It also lets it employees know that it is a family oriented company allowing time for family matters when they arise.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Healthcare costs
Great place to work and good benefits
Research and respond to Sales Engineers questions about any and all products.

Learned a little to a lot about all of the company's products.

Most of management was hands-off, little supervision required but where there when issues occurred.

The workplace was a team/community environment.

The hardest part of the job was trying to find answers to questions that information was not documented or easy to find.

Researching and answering questions that were not documented or easy to find.
Great opportunity to gain field experience while selling Enterprise IT solutions.
There was always opportunities to travel and help customers solve their IT challenges. I enjoyed this position and gained a lot of insight into my customer's Enterprise IT environments. Working with team members on common goals was always an added benefit.
Typical game of survivor. You never know when your area will be cut
Life at Dell is like a game of survivor. You just never know when the ax will swing your way. As a manager, I swung the ax more times that I ever wanted to and after 19 years, I was on the receiving end. Just now a great culture, everyone is privately wondering when it will be their turn.
Pros
work from home
Cons
insecurity of the role if you are in a "High Cost" country.
Dell is only about the profits
All about the profits and not about the people. Lots of pretense to care about the people but really about "posting scores" to use in marketing only. The corrective efforts are to lay off anybody that is older and disagrees with the poor management. Senior people fear for their jobs, and if it can be outsourced to inferior people, you should fear for your job.
Pros
Good benefits
Very well managed Federal site - Dell gave us all the support we needed
We worked at a Federal site and not a Dell facility. We were provided with all the support we needed and the autonomy we required to exceed the customers expectations.
Pros
See above
A great place to work.
Dell is a large company with many positions. Good benefits and competitive pay. Dell seems to have an overall attitude of customer first, which is not always the case with large corporations of this kind.
Pros
Large Corporation with many chances for advancement
Cons
Advancement may be limited to your physical location.
Excellent
Great place to work, lots of opportunity ..

lovely place and people were great also . its a growing company great futures to be had here ..

I wish them all well,
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.
3.3K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Dell.