Dell Employee Reviews

i enjoyed working there
Refund Researcher, Kaiser Permanente (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 25, 2018
the people there were nice and friendly and I would go back if they called me back. I enjoyed meeting Ross Perot he would come to the company every now and then.
Pros
liked everything about it
Cons
was a contractor
Enjoyable
Case Builder (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNApril 24, 2018
Everyone was nice, including management. We could listen to music. It was fast paced yet easy. We rotated, which I found helpful to keep the momentum of things going.
Field office
Senior Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 24, 2018
Nashua was a small field office and therefore most of the time, that allowed a local culture to exist that was less corporate and more relaxed than HQ. That was a good thing.
Must overcome lower prices from retail
INSIDE SALES REPRESENATIVE (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
Customers call in to build computers but can buy same computer from larger retailers for cheaper prices. Very hard to upsell customers and have them wait for their computer to be delivered.
Good work life balance
SME- DevTools Documentum Support (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 24, 2018
Awesome company to work for, supporting management.
good benefits and perks.

New challenges everyday, extensive training program to make sure you are up to industry standard
benefits
Cons
salary
Technologist, Dell-WYSE Research (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2018
Market leader in the enterprise product space. Most job roles are challenging and satisfying. The work-life balance is very good and employees are encouraged to continue their professional growth while working (non-specialists are encouraged to change Dell roles about every 18-24 months).
No Updates
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 23, 2018
No career advancement in US, Management BS a lot, No clear communication and overall Morale is way down. Though they offer a great benefit package including everything.
Stable, but lacking advacement
SALES SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAApril 20, 2018
My scoring may have to do with the fact that I worked for Dell while being my company was being acquired by them. However, this job itself was not difficult, but it lacked any advancement or or investment in it's people. Dell's school policy was that they were willing to help fund your college while attending, but would only do so if you held the position you were currently going to school for. This made no sense especially if someone was in one role and trying to move to a different department (i.e., marketing or HR).

I had gone 3 years without a raise and no promotions, but already making a less than livable wage, I knew I needed to seek out something that would help challenge and push me so I could expand my skills.
Buen ambiente laboral
Customer service analyst (Former Employee) –  HowardApril 20, 2018
Buen ambiente de trabajo y buen ingreso salarial mensual
Generally OK
Senior Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 20, 2018
Dell, like all companies, had its issues but overall was a good place to work. The people were bright and professional and there were good opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Solid compensation, smart people
Cons
Too focused on PCs
EMC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 19, 2018
I really enjoyed working at EMC. I loved the different languages spoken at the call center. The people were very nice and smart. I would definitely work again here if I could.
Great environment and technologies
Storage Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2018
Besides the poor management and micro management of their employees, it was an excellent place to work and continue to learn. Due to the CEO leaving and coming back, disrupted the company for a couple of years.
Loved traveling to different customer sites and working with different environments.
Pros
Cutting edge technology
Avoid
UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator NTT Data Services (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 19, 2018
They're actively moving jobs offshore. Management is short-sighted (even after going private), and doesn't care about customers or consistency/quality of service.
Area Marketing Representative
BDS Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 18, 2018
Discover client needs and provide innovative solutions while maintaining and building strong client
relationships through providing education and training to meet client expectations. Deliver effective
technology, consulting, and support services for clients as well as provide hands-on support for
local and remote clients. Perform troubleshooting activities that involve recognizing, researching,
documenting, and accurately
Pros
Using latest technology
Cons
Short Breaks
such an amazing place to work
Customer Service Associate/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 18, 2018
Dell is awesome i was stationed at tyhe health connector site in oston and the staff is amazing training is awesome and full and the opportunity for growth is endless
Was ok until I got hurt
Dell Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2018
I was ok at this job until I had a car accident not of my own fault and they ended my contract then and there. Not cool guys to kick someone when they are down. I don't forget things like that.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Vindictive managment style
I was happy with working for Dell
Business Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2018
I was happy working with Dell. I received recognition and awards and bonuses every year. I didn't like being on call, as I was supposed to support systems that I didn't know and didn't have access to and I never received training on these foreign systems. I requested more duties of my manager and never received any additional duties or training and there was never opportunity for advancement and we only received just over 1% raise each year. I also could never gain access to the Dell Portal which was frustrating, but that was a facility issue and not a Dell Issue. Management didn't seem to care. But my benefits were good and overall had job satisfaction.
Pros
Benefits and recognition
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Great Work/Life Balance with poor leadership
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2018
Being a remote employee has been a great benefit to have. The team works mainly via Skype and it seems to work well. Being remote comes with a downside of not having too much visibility with leadership and thus one ends up becoming stagnant in their career path. The benefits are spectacular and the amount of paid time off is above and beyond all other companies. The pay is on the lower end of the spectrum but I feel that Dell tries to make up for that with supreme benefits. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the lack of direct leadership... it is difficult to grow when the leadership is not totally vested in your team due to being vested in too many teams.
Pros
Work/life Balance, benefits
Cons
Growth opportunities are few and far
Enjoyed working with Dell
Mainframe Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2018
It has been 2 years with Dell and unfortunately it is about to end as it is a contact position. I have enjoyed everyday at work and there is a lot that i have learnt here. There are quite a few experienced mates who have helped me in difficult patches and also in improving my skills. There is noting like 'hardest part of the job' because we take it as a challenge and work with competitive spirits. The most enjoyable part is when people around you appreciate for the efforts you have put in.
Pros
partying
Cons
no cons
Great company with solid vision
Senior Manager, Software Engineering (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAApril 17, 2018
Very good benefits, excellent work life balance, challenging work and technologies, innovative, customer centric, transparent, very good paid time off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.4K
31.3K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.1Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.