Dell Employee Reviews

Found 4,923 reviews matching the search See all 8,752 reviews
They force retired me
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 16, 2018
I would still be with the company if they hadn't force retired me. I enjoyed the job, people that I met on sites fixing their machines. Great place to work for unless you had been with the company for an extended period, then they thought they could replace you with younger, cheaper labor.
I enjoyed working for DELL
Systems Engineer/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2018
Working at DELL was a good working experience for me I enjoyed the time with the company. Learned a lot and enjoyed the relationships I made during that time.
I work for 2020
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 16, 2018
I work for 2020, contracted by Dell. I drove a lot and managed training for 9 stores in Oregon. I earned $17 an hour and was paid 24 cents a mikle. Hardest part of the job was systems not working
Channel Conflict an issue
Mexico Distribution Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Distrito FederalNovember 15, 2018
I help start a new division at Dell Mexico. There was much confusion about channel conflict and unrealistic quotas. I have heard the situation is better now.
Pros
Brand
Cons
internal conflit
Wonderful Place for Your Career
Program/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 15, 2018
Dell is a wonderful place to have a career. They offer great benefits, a flexible schedule and challenging work. The opportunities for advancement are clearly presented, and are absolutely not limited to non-minorities. The work/life balance is fantastic, and the people you work with are truly outstanding, intelligent and willing to help in any/every way they can. If you're looking for a super fast-paced, lots of travel, always on your toes career, this is probably not the place for you. However, if you want a stable job and are family-oriented, it is perfect.
Pros
Compensation / Benefits, Work life balance, Great people to work with and for
Cons
The location. They are wiling to let individuals work remotely, but if you want to move up, you need to be in Austin.
Great company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2018
Great company with lots of room to move internally. They are very strategic in everything they do. They continue to grow and gain market share and the coworkers are pretty great.
Fun to work and new technologies to learn
Systems Integration Engineer (cloud) (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MANovember 14, 2018
Very flexible on learning new to technologies to enhance ones ability of understanding the ever changing world of technology. Never bored. Friendly and collaborative environment.
Pros
Continuous improvement is always encouraged and paid for when approved
Cons
Many benefits were lost especially for those who were used to EMC benefits!!
Good experiance, but didn't want to stay long
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 14, 2018
I was in the EMC part in Santa Clara. They did well on the sales side, but most of the company was controlled by the East Coast. They need to empower people on the west coast.
Dell is a Good Company to work for.
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 14, 2018
Dell is a good company to work for. I work on a migration project. After the project was over there were no other opportunities available at the time. Two years later they did call me back for another project.
A Great place to work
Management Trainee in Security Operations Center (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30328November 14, 2018
I went into the interview for an analyst position, and they offered me a managemnt opportunity. I was constantly floored by the lecel of proefessionalism, and athe culture that driven for excellence. What a great place to work. I wish i couldve stayed longer.
Pros
Great mentoring opportunities, excellent leadership, and opportunities galore to advance.
Cons
Distance from home was a little long for me, but it was doable.

Want to know more about Dell?

Ask a question
too many layoffs
Principal Software Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa ClaraNovember 13, 2018
too many layoffs . Politics in every team. Not a good management at all. Very little benefits. Every quarter there are layoffs and no promotions .
0+ years professional hands-on electro-mechanical or mechanical design experience with increasing design/project responsibility
Experience in consumer electronic products or medical devices
Proficiency with general ME CAD tools: SolidWorks, Pro/E, CoCreate or Creo
Must have solid experience with plastic injection moldings (50+ parts designed)
Good understanding of basic mechanics and machine design.
Preferred candidates would also have sheet metal stamping and a machined parts background.
Productive work balance
Enterprise Core Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2018
Working at Dell you have the ability to work remotely, be part of a strong work culture, and have a diverse technology portfolio to discuss with customers.
Great Place to work
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Dell SecureWorks. I learned a lot while I was there. the work environment was very effective and quiet. My higher-ups implemented a great system for progress checking on high-end projects.
Great Place to Work
Software Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 12, 2018
Great place to work for the most part, however they need to find a better on-boarding and training method for their software division.
They feed us often but I must say compensation could be a lot better. Not a fan of capped commission.
fast paced
IT Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 12, 2018
Job provides pretty good starting salary with a chance to earn more through sales goals and incentives. Hours are long and work on weekends is a possibility.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
sitting in a cubicle
Fine
Professional Writer, Content Provider (Former Employee) –  FreelanceNovember 12, 2018
Working as a freelancer at Dell was well worth it.
I am not interested in sharing my experience with Dell, because I already summed it up and am just trying to meet the minimum words
IT company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MANovember 11, 2018
Trying to move to Cloud. It is a commodity based business moving to a solutions based business leading with CI/HCI products. They hope to catch up to AWS/Google.
Pros
EMC culture
Cons
Dell Culture
Dell, not so bad.
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 10, 2018
Working for Dell via an Alorica call center hasn't been all that bad. There is plenty of proper incentive per month to really do the best you can in your position and plenty of opportunity to progress with a career with them.
Pros
Career growth
High stress but good people
EMC Client Technical Sr. Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 9, 2018
You are weighed heavily on metrics, and there is not a lot of back-up when a customer becomes unruly on the phone, you ultimately have to take the abuse. If you are able to make it the benefits are there for you to have and they are not bad. My coworkers are really what kept me going to the job day to day.
Pros
free lunches on overtime days
Cons
metrics
Love it
Field Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MANovember 9, 2018
Perfect job to get introduced into a IT role but there is no opportunity to get promoted with team. DellEMC has top notch training facilities and technologies which will help with Career development.
Pros
Benefits and Team
Cons
Promotion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K
43.2K
31.7K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

92%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss