Dell Employee Reviews

Found 4,862 reviews matching the search See all 8,663 reviews
You are a part of the team
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 18, 2018
Dell focuses on the small group to let other groups compete without discouraging growth. The management needed a little help to being more focused on individual growth within the group.
Benefits
Laidback
Line Worker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 18, 2018
Really wasn't much to this job. Very very strict on you being on time. Taught me the importance on being on time on your job. Not very flexible. Good lunch. Didn't get along with alot of my co-workers they were very rude and nasty. Didn't choose respectful and polite workers
Dell
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 18, 2018
I worked there for almost 6 years, but should have looked elsewhere after 2 1/2 ~ 3 years. Good old boy system. Dell's meritocracy is a joke. Glad I left.
Pros
Great lunch & learns. Lots of vendors and free swag
Cons
Workload disproportionate to compensation
productive
Claims Representative II (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 18, 2018
overall it is a great company and they have great benefits, the supervisor was great but management was not so understandable with personal issues but
Dell was EMC when I worked there
Global HR Service Delivery Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAOctober 17, 2018
I loved working for this company. They were very employee friendly. I had everything I needed to be successful in my role and to learn new things. I would love to return
Pros
Great to the employees!
Cons
Challenging fast paced place to work
Sr. Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAOctober 16, 2018
Dell is a challenging and fast paced place to work. Very manual processes used instead of systems or automation. PC culture overall and that is to squeeze costs.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Benefits
Sales associate, computer specialist, customer service
Sales associate, computer specialist, (Former Employee) –  Boca ratonOctober 16, 2018
excellent company to work for overall.

As a Sales associate, computer specialist, customer service, tech support. Personal and business computers sales and tech support /customer service. As part of my job at Dell. I was constantly taking online Microsoft courses such as The Microsoft Windows Expert courses.

excellent work environment, excellent learning opportunities.
regarding today and tomorrow technology.
Microsoft certificate is given regularly upon completion of various computer courses.
Pros
great work environment and fair pay
Cons
non
Review
Technical Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSOctober 16, 2018
Dell Services Federal Gov is a great place to work for recent college graduates. It allows you the opportunity to grow as well as become accustom to working in the real world.
RSA division of Dell
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Home-officeOctober 16, 2018
Silos by product line. Friendly work culture.
Limited opportunity to job change for remote workers.
Products are expensive compared to competition and lack innovation.
Pros
remote work common
Cons
remote worker is disconnected from mainstream
Great Learning and Thriving ground
SALES - MDM, IT BUSINESS PROGRAM LEAD CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2018
The name of Dell's game is balance. I'm a workaholic and compulsive problem solver, so ot took me a while to get used to the structure.

I love the current role . I strive with my team to help enable all EMC storage SW and server products to be quoted ,ordered and priced through the Dell Stack.

Pivotal Cloud and balance teams make CICD and seamless deployments happen to suit business requirements

Dell has been very futuristic in socializing PCF to all our devs and help build an organization aligned to IT Business's true north!
Pros
learning, training. remote Work Life balance
Cons
can be slow paced
Changes
Accounts Payable Representative (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAOctober 15, 2018
Great place to work but your job is not secure. Lot of change and jobs are going overseas. That just my experience not necessary every department in company
I am not happy here
Technical Support Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 14, 2018
Far too much micromangement for me. I have tried to move into management three times and been ignored. I have heard similar stories from around the company. I am looking to go elsewhere.
Pros
They have benefits
Cons
Too much change with the Dell takeover.
good people and products
System Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 13, 2018
It was fun working on teams that could get products delivered on schedule but direction from business was vague and there was too much big company bureaucracy to deal with . I was able to work on a wide variety of interesting projects with good people.
Pros
good people and products
Cons
too big
Build Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 11, 2018
A very fast pace job. Build was my main job but would help out in other areas when needed . Over the years I had some great Managers .Most enjoyable part of the job was working around a lot of good employees
Pros
Benefits, stock, food
Cons
Fun place to work with movie night and pool tables and employee appreciation day
Production Operator Sr. Rep (Current Employee) –  Apex, NC 27539October 10, 2018
Employee oriented environment, good benefits, and room for growth. Only drawback is lack of hiring. Two year contract maximum for contractors. Call back after three months if needed.
Pros
Work is not hard, great work environment
Cons
Hard to get hired permanently
Great work place
Senior System Integration Engineer, E-Lab (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAOctober 9, 2018
Just can talk about Dell EMC as it became the part of DELL .
Flexible work schedule and work environment , great product , going through restructuring recently and frequent change of management.
Us
Summary
Advisory Product Manager Network/ Server Mgmt (Former Employee) –  White PlainsOctober 9, 2018
I don't have much to say. Everything was fine and good. Please adjust and resubmit. Your Review doesn't quite meet our quality guidelines. it was excellent
some opportunities for those really focused, could use better management
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 9, 2018
I am a remote employee, so Dell doesn't pay much attention to the support we need. It is there, but you will have to work for it more often than you would think. I have learned much from my time here both personally and professionally, most of it through observation rather than a deliberate managed structure.
Pros
benefits, some structured guidance for advancement
Cons
lack of management and communication between departments and clients
Disappointing experience with Secureworks
Senior Security Systems Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
Inconsistent leadership.
Sales and service delivery are not well aligned.
Inconsistent reporting
Slow to innovate and embrace change
Cloud phobic
Pros
Dell Brand
Cons
Failure to adhere to culture book.
Great benefits in the US but not in El Salvador
Senior IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San SalvadorOctober 8, 2018
Here because there is no local offices, it is hard for me to get any additional benefits than just working from home and medical insurance only for me, does not include my family sadly.
Pros
Working from Home
Cons
No interaction with the company other than calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K
43.2K
31.7K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

92%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss