Play YouTube video button

53K
43.1K
31.6K
Found 4,659 reviews matching the search See all 8,318 reviews
the deliverables (Bookings) drive the company
Senior Practice project manager (Former Employee) –  continental USAJuly 17, 2018
The firm was reasonably good to work for but is really top heavy with sales people. if you were not booking time against a project, you were vulnerable. which is strange because as a consultant, you are not responsible for sales
Good work life balance but promotional opportunity not there
SW Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAJuly 16, 2018
Not a bad place to work at but with the flattened title hierarchy it is almost impossible to get promoted. if you were a manager previously you most likely got your title removed and are still expected to perform those same duties without the title or opportunity for further advancement. Not many opportunities in engineering for women even if you are really good at what you do. Still very male dominated unless you are in marketing/hr, etc... They tend to have women in highly visible positions but not in middle management and no site lines to get there.
Pros
good life work balance
Cons
low pay and little to no opportunity for promotion
Good co-workers, and growth potential
Consumer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 16, 2018
Overall, this is a good company to work for, with growth potential. However, the time that I spent there, I was working 70+ hrs a week in a micromanaging environment.
Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities
Principal Sustaining Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 16, 2018
Dell was a fun/challenging place to work with flexible work, hours, environment and remote work opportunities. Lower group management was good, higher up management seemed out of touch.
Pros
Flexible and remote work opportunities
Cons
Out of touch management
Good learning opportunities on all levels
Systems Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCJuly 15, 2018
Many learning opportunities with the provision of instructor led training in certain instances.

Good teamwork among team members when help is needed.

Some individuals in leadership roles tend to micromanage which would interfere with productivity.

Good workers often overlooked due to favoritism and nepotism.

The culture would tend to be toxic due to too much "drama" among employees.

HR and management would not address issues properly, but would look at the individual as the problem.
Pros
Learning opportunities and good experience
Cons
Micromanaging and grievances poorly addressed. Required overtime take away from work/life balance.
Felt like I needed a shackle around my ankle once I turned on the phone!
Senior Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 13, 2018
Their class they taught for phone support was excellent. I had been doing phone support for 20 years before my stint with Dell, but they made it fun and relevant.

It was a long drive for me and actually fairly boring work. I worked a second shift and the way the calls came in - rarely got to talk to anyone at the complex because no one ever really got a break or lunch at the same time.
Pros
great class
Cons
repetitive calls and pretty well chained to the desk.
Dell
Sr. Data Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Quincy, WAJuly 13, 2018
Working at Dell was a fun experience. I was young and worked with other young professionals. The management was new so we all got to learn together. We went through many audits, so we all learned how to document process and grow as a team. I would recommend Dell to anyone looking for an opportunity for growth.
Worst environment to work
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 13, 2018
Dell merger is one of the worst and Dell himself has bunch of jokers around him with no strategy and growth. They cook books by laying off talented people to show numbers.
Typical big company
Production OPS Associate (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAJuly 13, 2018
A typical big corporate company. In order to move up, you need the right connection. other than, It a good place to work. The Benefit are good. They also value work/life balance.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Big company
Fun, competative, and collaborative workplace
Engineering General Services (EGS) Technician (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 13, 2018
Fun, competative, and collaborative workplace. I made many friends there at Dell/EMC. Actually when I worked there it was just EMC. It's a very technical environment.
Pros
Good coffee
Cons
Healthcare
Dell review
Consultant (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 12, 2018
Wish I would not have left DellEMC, well EMC in particular. Treats their employees well. Great training opportunities. Great experience. Good life work balance.
enjoyable
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 12, 2018
was a enjoyable place to work
working 2nd shift we did a lot of overtime
I was at the end of the line a lot more relaxed but fast paced working
great place to work
Pros
nice lunchrooms
alot of travel
technition (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 12, 2018
i worked in upstate ny travel every day they paid great was very tough in winter but loved what i did got paid every week the managemet was a bit tough
Fun place
Materials Assistant - RAM Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJuly 11, 2018
We worked as a team and competed with the other teams for best production. Great people to work with and training was simple. I think the best part was the comradery.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
Sometimes too many hours
Driven and Focused Work Environment
Agile Coach (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 11, 2018
DellEMC is driven to adopt and grow into agile maturity in the business unit I work in currently. DellEMC invested into agile tools like Jira and Confluence to ensure teams can incorporate agile principles.
Contract retail sales at DELL - Not so great
Retail Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 11, 2018
Management really, really, really, sucks. Especially the whole documentation chain of management. They care nothing about the writers.
HR is the worst I have ever seen.
Advice to Management
Wake up. Get a clue.
Pros
Computers
Cons
not good place to work
Excellent place to work.
Telecom Analyst for Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 11, 2018
I would highly recommend Dell as an employer of choice. Good starting salary and regular opportunities for pay advancement. Believe they could do more to enhance job stability.
Pros
Good salaries and highly respectful environment.
Cons
Job stability not good.
Productive fun place to be
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2018
We would work on a line everyone would enjoy themselves at work. Michael dell would come in and also hold meetings with us. If I was still in austin texas I would work for that company again. I loved my job there
Second Home
Pro Support Customer Service Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 10, 2018
Working at DELL makes you feel like you are part of a family. They many positive things they do to encourage employees. They pay for employees to further their Education with tuition reimbursement and vouchers to taker certification tests. They have weekly meetings with manager to go over your stats and set a plan that may help to improve if needed in weak areas.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
have to work Sunday
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJuly 9, 2018
This warehouse internship was a great job where you can learn many skills that can be used in future jobs. EMC is also a very safety conscious business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss