Dell Employee Reviews

Found 5,141 reviews matching the search See all 9,157 reviews
Excellent career company
Account Manager / Services Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 23, 2019
Sales goals are challenging, but Dell is a great company to get started in a sales career. Networking is a must if you want to advance a career here. Dell is the industry leader in IT hardware, and there are many opportunities for growth and development.
Good people
Account Manager-Services Sales (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAMarch 22, 2019
Dell is a good company to work for. The goals are lofty but we always somehow manage to meet them. I have always had super bosses while working there, which I am very thankful for.
Would Recommend
Account Executive III (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2019
Dell is a good company to work for and would recommend. Enjoyed working for DELL. Comp plan was very good. Sales resources were very helpful to us field sales reps.
Pros
Good compensation plans
Cons
Too many changes in Sales Managers
Hiring Freeze Leaves No Room for Advancement
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX South Parmer LocationMarch 22, 2019
Context shifting is a major problem in the development groups. Sprint planning gets upended by emergency stakeholder requests. Management has little dialogue with development staff, especially contractors. Contractors are specifically hamstrung by the lack of conversions, raises, performance reviews, and access to supervisory feedback. Dev teams are extremely silo'ed -- often finding themselves at cross purposes.

Quality of development staff is very high, but no overt reward system is in place for good performance. Team camaraderie is high, but poor sprint management casts a pall over the general mood.

The best part of the job is collaboration with other devs, who are very skilled and knowledgeable and come from unique backgrounds.

My direct supervisor hardly spoke two words to me throughout my contract periods.
Pros
Top notch desktop and laptop provided to all devs
Cons
No open door policy with management
Dell EMC / Virtustream cloud services could be improved
Sr. IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 21, 2019
Job role did not match the brochure presented in the interview. They had great expectations for my role that never did come to past even for the three years that I was there. Each department in the cloud services ran their own projects and caused integration issues when released into production. It seemed my role would change due to the conforming to the self-started fires.The Virtustream cloud product doesn't seem to be growing as it should at this point in time. I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Their Public Relations game is solid and they promote their employees to volunteer. Unlimited PTO was great.
Pros
Benefits, Unlimited PTO
Productive and fun place to work
3rd Party Software Mgmt. Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 20, 2019
You are given a number of accounts to work. It may vary from Small Business, Large Enterprise, Education, State and Local Gov. etc... Depending on what dept you are in, you may probably have to make certain number of calls.

Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the customers. Most enjoyable part is making money due to commission.
Pros
Cons
Not given at first hand the understanding of your role or job.
Loved it
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 20, 2019
Really easy to come in, do your job and go home. Which worked for me. Not super huge on building the team culture but that's not huge for me. Would recommend.
Dell EMC Techonologies
Sr. Specialist / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCMarch 20, 2019
Dell is a fine company that has given me the professional skills I need to further my career and take on new roles. Management is always willing to help ensure you're getting the most out of your job. The hardest part of the job is sometimes projects aren't well organized and you don't always have the necessary training needed to complete them.
No future
Security Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 19, 2019
Not even my manager agree that my team has any visibility in lager organization. There is no future working for this team. Managers are working more like PMs but not people managers. Who ever puts out fire gets promoted but not the guys who never let issue happen and prevent them from happening.
Vice President Global Risk Services (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 19, 2019
I found the people less then motivated for the most part and not particularly passionate about the product. For example, I was aware of numerous people who had Apple products where Dell offered the same product, at a discount.
Dell
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 19, 2019
It was a good job out of college. Got my foot in the door to a lot of future opportunities. I was able to work in a great work environment with a lot of diverse people.
Dell is a great place to work! I highly recommend to any of my peers!
Technical Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 18, 2019
I worked at Dell for 5 years and learned a great deal about the IT industry. Dell has prepared me to be a professional in the IT industry within any IT company!
work and fun
System Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCMarch 18, 2019
good Company,team work.Quality and product ready to ship to the customer on time.performed Enclosure test,functional test,BBU and CIT test on chassis and circuit boards.
Pros
every quarter
Cons
2 fifteen minutes break
Great Company
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 18, 2019
Overall Dell is a great organization with great people and strong technology options.
Dell believes in promoting a meritocracy and does. They practice what they preach and do what they say they are going to do. Overall great organization, i would work with them again and be there customer. well done team.
Pros
Integrity and good tech
Cons
pay is below average
Average
Consumer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 18, 2019
It's a good company to work for overall but I was in the least favorable department and the most competitive between fellow coworkers. The benefits are good though and I gained a lot of sales training and experience.
Dell
General Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 18, 2019
Dell was a good contract to work for. but like every contract we were wit them for about years. My job description never changed. I still work close with all my coworkers, supervisors.
Pros
Got decent hrs for vacation per pay period
Cons
wish they would of bought us out again
Love my job!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 18, 2019
I returned to Dell a couple years ago after taking time off for my kids. Dell's flexible work option allows me to work from home when I need to and gives me that balance to be there for my kids while growing my career. As the company transitions towards Dell Technologies, I see the opportunities for my career progression as endless, there is so much to discover!
Pros
Flexible work, compensation, global, opportunity
Cons
N/a
asasd
Server Upgrade Technician (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMarch 18, 2019
I was responsible for walking data center engineers through upgrading software for or replacing equipment on their servers which they had purchased from the company. A full diagnostic check would be proactively run and the servers would phone home on a periodic basis. I would address any hardware, software or specific technical issues every time they called to ensure first call resolution. This would be accomplished by either me or by directly involving escalated tiers to solve the issues that customers had. We would also make pro-active outbound calls any time we received any uploaded errors or red flags. Extremely high technical skills as well as good customer service skills were required because of the high-profile customer base and server uptime contract requirements.
Workplace Communication
Multimedia Designer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 17, 2019
The executive team communicate effectively on the overall plan and strategy, providing a direction for the company. Sometimes the work gets lost in the shuffle and it is difficult to remain aligned to cross functioning groups trying to execute on individual workflows.
Great company
Senior Revenue Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 15, 2019
this is a great company to work for...it has the lowest medical insurance premiums I have seen so far.

The company is pro life/work balance...you might be able to get 2-3 WFH days depending on your department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K
43.4K
31.8K

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight