Delmar Gardens Employee Reviews

Cool place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOApril 3, 2019
This place really cares for the employees but sime of the management team sucks they display team work very busy place to work rarely any down time after making bed passing ice showers and meals
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very busy
Medical career opportunity.
Home Health Care Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 31, 2019
I started doing home healthcare in between my bus routes, It was suitable at the time an since then I do some home care with one of the mother's from my church. I would work in this field again while working towards becoming a certified medical assistant.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Overall great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Town and Country, MOMarch 7, 2019
I’ve learned a lot about nursing and becoming a better CNA
I enjoy the work that I do and love making a change in patients lives. Delmar fought me to become a better CNA
Pros
Meeting new patients and becoming a better nurse
I will never work ever again
Housekeeper/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 21, 2019
When I first start working there everything was cool. but ever since the assistant manager been cutting people off and with low pay .everything start going downhill.they don't treat the residents right and the people in the offices is terrible I recommend nobody do not work at Del Mar Lenexa Kansas. It's stressful it's a bad environment and you would not feel like you would enjoy yourself working there.
Very understaffed
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOFebruary 4, 2019
A typical day was understaffed for acuity of patients and proper and safe care was not able to be given. Workplace culture was very stressed. Management was not supportive of staff.
nice place to work fun in feel with lot of joy just manger/CEO
CMT/CNA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 28, 2019
Its a nice place to work with pretty color Uniform,they have free food for staff in clients, they will give you a loan if you are low on cash, they give you gas card if you are low on gas they will help they staff out in every they can.....
Pros
they give out give card every day in bonus everyday
Cons
break when you feel you need one
Terrible environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 27, 2019
Workers overworked, no supervision or rules for employees, inconsistent consequences for nad behavior, management unprofessional and out of touch with what happens in the building, disorganized mess! Some okay workers. Good pay, but does not make up for cons. Administration fills out fake reviews on this site, beware! Any really good ones are probably made up.
Pros
Good pay, decent benefits
Cons
Too many to list
Too much stress
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2019
The stress, understaffing, and unreliable management made for a uncomfortable place to work. Job security for the entry level employee is not important to the management.
Pros
working with elderly persons
Cons
Too many to list
Pleasant work atmosphere
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 10, 2019
It's very fast paced. I have learned so much about medical equipment care and maintenance. The hardest part of the job is being sure all maintenance work is done properly and quickly. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to the residents and getting to know them.
Pros
Benefits and people
Cons
Not always enough time to take a break.
Fun family like workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 29, 2018
Delmar gardens is a family oriented facility that takes care of their residents very professionally they get homestyle meals 3 times a day and the workers are very nice
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Would be a good place if upper management cared
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 29, 2018
It was an okay place to work. State was in so many times on complaints, but that was not due to the facility or the staff. The residents would call and make complaints if one small thing made them mad.
Pros
Front line staff was awesome
Cons
it was always fun working there we had the best christmas parties and everyone worked as a team in every department
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 13, 2018
I loved my job because I always had help from my staff and my boss played as a team player when we was short. each department always help and chip in if we got short the cna help every one
Delmar Fenton
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MONovember 5, 2018
I have been working at Delmar in Fenton for 4 months as a nurse. I would recommend working there. I enjoy working with the residents. It is true there are days we are understaffed but with the right staff a day can still go smooth. It is all about working together, you have to be willing to be a team player.
Pros
Location, management, pay, residents
Cons
Sometimes no breaks, some employees are not team players
Hard work but pay decent
LPN (Current Employee) –  Town and Country, MOOctober 21, 2018
Hard work but pay decent. People you work with cab be either good or bad. Management has gone down since Last administrator. She was a stern one but company ran smoothly. Overall not a bad experience lace to work but you have to be willing to work.
Administrator and staff are caring, but can be overwhelming
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sappington, MOOctober 20, 2018
I have learned a lot since starting here. But at the same time it is overwhelming, building is almost always understaffed. I have never gotten off on time. I am PRN so I do pick my own schedule, but they will change it if you don't take a picture of the schedule after you do it.
Productive and Fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 16, 2018
A typical day at work consists of assist with daily living needs for residents in a skilled nursing facility and rehabilitation floor. Assistance with resident feeding, catheter care, toileting, bathing, colostomy care, vital signs, answer call lights in a timely fashion and accompany residential needs.
Listen to the reviews.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOOctober 15, 2018
I thought this was going to be something I could do to really help people and give back to the elderly. I was traumatized. It was so understaffed and no one seemed to care if something happened to you on the shift. It’s too corporate. I didn’t listen to the bad reviews when I looked on here and I wish I would’ve. The job itself is very hard on your body and I didn’t mind the physical part of it. Mentally it was the most stressful job. I had anywhere from 10-30 residents to care for on my own depending on what floor you worked. And you were expected to feed, bath and care for all those people on your own and it’s near impossible to do in a shift. Some nurses were very helpful but it was rare.
Pros
If you are looking to go into nursing this will help
Cons
Stressful, demanding
CNA work amazing
CNA TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOOctober 6, 2018
Amazing job for loving compassionate people that like a fast paced environment. Definetly opportunity for advancement if looking for it. The job was very rewarding.
A typical day of work
MDS Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  KansasOctober 3, 2018
Come in, get report on the patients, spend 2 hours in meetings in the morning, trying to round on patients, called to more meetings, never got a chance to really deal with patient issues.
Productive and great workplace
Nurse (Current Employee) –  SouthSeptember 29, 2018
Delmar Gardens is an amazing company to work for. They show love, care, and understanding to all employees as well as residents.

The administrator and management will do whatever they can to help you be successful at your job. They work with you when it comes to your life and any issues that come up. They will even come get you for work if you have a problem with your car. If you bring issues to management you know they will take care of it. Would highly recommend.
Pros
Great Management, Caring Staff, room for advancement, staff appreciation, great benefits
Cons
Pay is a bit lower than others but they make up for it with many other benefits