Delmar Gardens Employee Reviews

Good
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 7, 2018
I work will all my friends at the job and i enjoy it very much. We get to eat anything we want. I like the people and the workers. THe nurses take good care of the elderly
Delmar Gardens of Green valley
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 6, 2018
Patient care is the worst, No peers help or except others for who they are. Head staff is rude and has favorites. HR does not care for employees or patients, Dress code never followed.
Pros
Hours are consistent
Cons
Rude staff, Patient care horrible .
not a good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOApril 25, 2018
low pay, great way to start a career, entry level into nursing, employees kept the place going, great middle management, enjoyed benefits of employee time (staff parties and special days for staff.)
Pros
close to the home
Cons
hard to take a break time
Delmar review
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 16, 2018
Delmar granden was I really nice place to work for they will welcome you and make you feel at home. The hours are nice also the workers. They really didn’t want me to leave but I had to relocated for family reasons if I could go back I will I loved that place.
Pros
I loved the clients and the workers
Cons
The food
great place
Nurse aide (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOApril 2, 2018
really great place to work an good advancement an growth. also great health benefits in good flexiablitty. lots of overtime for you to get and also if you work there you can get your CNA certificate and they pay for you to get your CMT
poor management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 21, 2018
The management was poor and the workplace environment was not good because discrimination was very obvious especially how the management treated their employees; it was not based on competitiveness, professionalism, and team work.
Pros
steady hours
Cons
Discrimination to the employees by the management; low wage and average health benefits.
Good company but has its downfalls
Worker (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMarch 14, 2018
It's stressful as staffing is always an issue. The health benefits are there but they are expensive. The pay is average but quickly becoming below average. Overall Delmar is a good starting point for any young person just getting into the field of healthcare.
Pros
Job security, annual raises, bonuses
Cons
health care, rate of pay
stressful and fast paced
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMarch 2, 2018
Productive and fun work place
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 22, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Delmar Garden fun work place with good benefits. will recommend to family and friends. Always a growing company with new challenges
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough hours
Great experience
CNA (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2018
Positive environment with a great activities department. Bingo and the live bands on Thursdays and Fridays always keep residents young. The arts and crafts include paintings and jewelry made by residents as well.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
Heavy work load
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 29, 2018
Del Mar was a good place to work it was very clean it was maintenance properly even though you didn't have a lot of workers a lot of co-workers had called out management wise was very uncaring about their co-workers
Terrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delmar, MOJanuary 5, 2018
This company Delmar Garden of chesterfield and Delmar Garden on Green is horrible to work they really don't care about the residents they don't help you most of nurse's walk pass call lights, and there's no room for advancement sure you get free lunch all the mone that they spend on parties should go towards rises.I wouldn't recommend nobody to put their family members here .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No help working short and management is horrible
Terrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 17, 2017
Worst place I have ever worked. The management was terrible. It wasn't uncommon for me to be the only CNA on the floor at a time and would never find someone else to help out. Paid unfairly.
nice place to work
Staff (Former Employee) –  Sappington, MO 63128December 1, 2017
this is a nice place to work with wonderful residents and coworkers. management was good with staff, training was always available, and it was a positive work environment .
Staffing, poor/lacking management. general mess of faciity
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 30, 2017
Nepotism, poor staffing, far too many foreigners hired, language barrier, from employees speaking foreign language, blatant use of cell phones with staff, call-ins, ALWAYS,
Cons
Poor management, staffing issues
Good luck.
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MO 63376November 12, 2017
You may have benefits but you do the work of 3 people with no recognition for a job well done. Barely a raise per year, maybe 20 cents. No days off even if you are sick. Good luck.
they are all different
Nurse (Former Employee) –  missouriOctober 31, 2017
all of the delmars have their own personality but the care to the residents is always great. no facility will tolerate anything less than great care and that, of course, is the most important thing
Cons
some corporate and other upper management are shady
my experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 28, 2017
I learn how to care for patients. From taking care of individuals to making bed and keeping rooms clean. learning about different diets for the patient
Fun First Job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2017
I worked here as my first job and loved it. The residents were nice. I loved the chefs and my co-workers. While going to college there were flexible with the days I could not work. My only problem was there was no openings for a full time position.
Pros
Free Food and fun
Cons
lack of hours
no opportunities for advancement
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOOctober 3, 2017
poor management all around. no opportunities for advancement. it felt like I was in highschool all over again. way too much drama and no real sense of leadership.