Deloitte Employee Reviews

Found 2,662 reviews matching the search See all 7,889 reviews
Public Accounting
Director of Recruiting and Education (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 21, 2019
Work in the accounting field can be very different...from audit to tax to recruiting. I had the opportunity to work in those 3 disciplines and each provided much different experience.
Pros
Motivated professionals
It was an internship.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2019
I got a chance to familiarize myself with industry standard products and design signage for a morale event, that let me have some impact that was seen outside my department. Beyond just a couple projects it was average fare of an internship.
Pros
practice people skills, meeting those in the field
Cons
none noted
Don't rock the boat!
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2019
Beware of internal politics - my career was destroyed by someone I barely knew. That said, I learned a LOT about the consulting process and client management - we were held to very high standards which was great. Some of my best mentors were at Deloitte.
Consultant life
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2019
Too much hierarchy. Lots of training. Impossible to take all PTO. Work 24/7. Proposals on weekends. People often only look out for them selves. Too large.
Cons
Work life balance
Pressure - overloaded with work - lack of concern
Senior SCCM Engineer, Compliance Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2019
During my one year at Deloitte I did the work of two individual averaging near 80hrs a week; made a mistake and was fired! Mangers don't care; profit
Pros
Lots of projects and can learn new technologies
Cons
Make one mistake and you get fired!
Great place to work!
CPQ Track lead (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 15, 2019
Great place to work! Always learning, and the opportunities are endless.

There's a lot of support to ensure a work life balance, which is a great incentive!
Good "launchpad" career; would like to see better management
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2019
I started as a Consultant and made it up through Senior Consultant. I was able to develop technical and soft skills throughout my career here. This is why I think this place is a great launchpad for one's career.

However, I did not want to remain here long-term. It was very hierarchical and not conducive to free-flowing ideas - I had little autonomy on project work. Everything had to go through round after round of approvals. The culture was also set up so it was easier to "smile and nod" than to directly confront issues.

TL;DR: Good place to start your career and build skills, but not ideal for the long-term
Pros
compensation is quite good, defined contribution pension is rare offering
Cons
autonomy over work is very limited, culture is stilted
Excellent place to start a career
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 13, 2019
The management consulting industry is taking a hit due to disruption in the market from smaller businesses and larger business more focused on technology (e.g. Accenture). The ability for Deloitte to compete is only going to get more challenging as these other players close in from both sides, limiting Deloitte's capability options. Overall, it is a great place to work though you have to be prepared to face a challenging market ahead, which will inevitably affect your career.
Pros
Excellent place to learn business fundamentals
Cons
Highly political with limited strategic vision
Deloitte
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 13, 2019
Great company to have been with during my time there. Deloitte has a lot to offer as far as the workplace and continuing education. They believe in hiring within the company, and are very helpful and encouraging with moving up in positions. Very professional.
Do not join Project Delivery
Contractor, DC Project Delivery Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 12, 2019
Deloitte does not seem to concerned about their employees in Project Delivery. I have heard Deloitte was a wonderful company to work for, outside of Project Delivery.
Good Managers - Poor Leaders!
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2019
Deloitte is an "Outstanding" management consulting firm to work for. The experience and knowledge gained by this Big Four will pay dividends if you decide to stay with Deloitte or move on. The compensation and benefits are top-notch. You will be surrounded by the most educational and talented individuals in the corporate world.
The most difficult part of Deloitte is managing and dealing with "Bad Leadership". The bad leadership displayed on several engagements created low morale, motivation, and productivity. Several senior leaders lacked valuable communication skills. The value of the client took precedence over the employee when it came to continuous coaching, mentoring, and training. Too many times, consultants were put in very difficult and challenging situations without mentoring and training from their leaders. I experienced too many times where they were like a domino affect. Engagements were juggling consultants like they were pins. Developing consultants is an evolving process and should be a top priority for leadership. Many leaders lacked a true sense of compassion. If you are an empathetic or servant leader, this is not the company for you.
Pros
Benefits, industry knowledge, and surrounded by talented people.
Cons
Dirty Politics, Bad leadership, and unrealistic project management.
I have been working at Deloitte full-time
Lead Data Scientist - Deloitte Platforms (Current Employee) –  SeattleMay 7, 2019
I have been working at Deloitte full-time.
Pros

A chance to interact with Client also some cool overseas opportunity. A lot of opportunities to work on diff domain

Cons

Not good for an employee who is reluctant to travel.
Impact Day
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 7, 2019
The most enjoyable day in a year is Impact Day where everyone in Deloitte throughout the world logs off and go out and contribute back to the Society.
Great place to grow in your career
Advisory Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 1, 2019
If you are a competitive person with good personal skills, who love new complex challenges all the time, you will fit in Deloitte. You don’t have to wait for people looking for you, you have to make your way in the company, create a good network inside and outside Deloitte and you will feel the achievements. You have to earn it, in order to grow and be an eminence. Consider that at the beginning is not about money is about career.
Pros
Career
Cons
Time consuming
Monotonous
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles,CAApril 27, 2019
Work Culture is great. But due to size of the teams, it is difficult to get recognized and grow.Some departments have too many restrictions and hence thinking out of the box is not appreciated
Excellent work culture at Deloitte
Manager and Lead Reporting Architect (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 26, 2019
Strong leadership, with healthcare industry knowledge & experience in the development of data strategy, architecture, roadmap; successfully executed data strategy by deploying technical, operational and business solutions aligned to enterprise needs, prioritized to the strategic goals
Subject matter expertise in the healthcare industry, systems (e.g. EMRs, Lab systems), clinical & financial data, Precision Medicine, regulatory reporting and industry reference standards (ICD 10).
Deep expertise in setting up Enterprise Information Management platforms and analytics products in a healthcare provider setting that enable monitoring and improvement: revenue leakage, AR days, quality metrics, antimicrobial stewardship, physician productivity, and service line operations
Alignment with Leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 24, 2019
Our project leadership could have been better aligned with the company leadership in that our work life balance was a concern but no effort was made to accommodate one. Our project's timeline was overly aggressive and not managed well enough to keep the client happy and the team healthy.
Pros
Good structure, Best business practices
Cons
Good
Program Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDApril 24, 2019
Although my company was bought out by Deloitte eventually it became a place that I enjoyed working at. The structure was a bit difference from what I was used to.
Great company to work for short-term
Advisory Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 22, 2019
Excellent professional development firm with great employee benefits but lacks diversity at Management level and above, and offers low compensation compared to competitors.
Pros
Excellent professional development firm with great employee benefits
Cons
Lacks diversity at Management level and above, low compsensation/raises
Growth and development is highly encouraged and cultivated.
Sr. Records Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2019
Overall, Deloitte is an excellent organization to work for! There's an abundance of opportunities for advancement and growth. The personnel is generally very nice to work with.
Pros
Excellent opportunies for growth and advancement.
Cons
Rate of changes can be challenging.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K
43.1K
31.5K

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight