Deloitte

Deloitte Employee Reviews

United States3,671 reviews

Found 3,671 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,667 reviews

Great Company

Great company to work for. Great benefits. Socially advanced. You are in charge of your career. Don't expect to be held by your hand by management to lead you down the path to promotion etc.

Senior Business Consultant

Leadership is okay. Pay and benefits are great. Working culture isn’t the best. NPeople are always competing instead of supporting each other. Everyone is stepping on the next person to get promoted

Deloitte insights

Based on 1,275 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Good company

Salary is decent, benefits are amazing, very little work life balance. Little room for advancement. You can learn a lot from this company very intelligent people

Professional working style

Good place for work.Having chance to be exposed to a lot of cases, clients.Can learn a lot from smart colleagues. Jobs are quite demanding also. In general, the company is good.

Not a pleasant experience

Project ended abruptly and was forced to find a new job. Leadership wasn't transparent about anything with this scenario. Toxic work environment, very underpaid staff.

Worked with Deloitte for 5 years

With consulting you know what you're getting yourself into, long hours and a lot of travel. I enjoyed most of my time here and have made friends that ill have forever.

Good place to be if you are a go-getter

Deloitte Consulting is a great place to start out your career IF you are 1) self-motivated 2) Comfortable with putting yourself out there. A lot of what determine's one's success in consulting is not just your performance but who you know in your network. Most of the time, it is about working smarter and not harder. Perceptions are held to a high standard and outweigh actual performance.

Pros

Great PTO (23 days to start and you accrue more as you get promoted), great people, lots of health/well-being/work from home subsidies

Cons

large range in pay bands and lack of transparency with salary decisions

Very decent place to work

If you want a decent job, this place is a very decent place to work, extremely decent pay and very decent colleagues, the CEO is decent and the workload is decent

Pros

Decent

Cons

Decent

Good opportunities

The work can be demanding, but great company to work for. There is a lot of travel involved, but they always provide plenty of notice with a predefined schedule.Good work cultureTraining and improve your skillsYou get opportunity to work on different clientsManagement is good and consider work life balance.

Great culture

Fast-paced environment

Deloitte is a great firm, great benefits (including $1000 annual well-being subsidy, Deloitte University trainings, in-person social events —think baseball games and happy hours— if you’re staffed to a local project, etc.) but it is not for everyone! It’s a fast paced environment, which can be very stressful at times, and management has rebranded “work-life balance” as “work-life fit,” which says a lot about the expectations around productivity and hours worked (the benchmark for utilization is 45hrs/week). Granted, not every position is like this all the time, but definitely think twice if you’re more of a “work to live” kind of person.

Good place to start your Career

Great brand nameRespected firmOpportunity for growthLarge clients Fair PayHours can get long during busy seasonMeritocracy Good technologyNetworking within firm

Fun and fast-paced

Like any other job the people you work with will make a big difference. My time at the company was enjoyable and the team I was assigned to never made me feel unwelcome.

Productive and fun place to work.

Smart people, interesting work. Respectful and collaborative culture. Excellent work life balance. Emphasis on continued training. Innovative environment.

Pros

Work life balance. Smart people

Cons

Compensation is the only are for improvement

Great compensation. The USDC office has built a great culture and prioritizes work-life balance. You have endless resources for professional development. If you’re client-facing, your manager and/or team lead will vary by project. Some are great leaders while others are ineffective. Medical benefits at this level are average.

Good work life balance. Lot to learn. Meaningful work.

Deloitte is a nice place to start and build a career. There are ample opportunities to learn. Employees are treated respectfully and leadership stresses on work life balance.

Pros

Continuous learning and work life balance

Cons

Slow career progress

very long working hours, and there's no slack/peak season now

I work in China mainland office, and its duty basically is to serve HK office. We work almost the same hours, but HK pay much more than it in mainland.so i dun suggest big 4 dreamer inaugurated in mainland offices.ppl here, esp mgt, are mostly insane because yr and yr long working hours and disrespect from clients

Pros

social insurance ok. basic package ok. co-workers education ok

Cons

ot divers from real ot hours too much, i should receive at least 1.5x of now

place to accelerate in growth, smartest colleagues and found my tribe

You drown or swim type of learning experience. I came in as an experienced hire, so content wise was very strong and able to provide to my colleagues and clients. My personal growth accelerated in the 3 years I've been there. Will not be where I am without the Deloitte experience and name on my resume. I loved the people I worked with, many of them became good friends. If you are ambitious, up for the challenge and eager to grow and not afraid of a fast pace environment, this is the place for you.

Pros

Talented colleagues, learn from everyone, young and fun culture

Cons

work life balance takes a toll

Not great not terrible

Lot of overtime and unrecognised for part of the management. You will only be promoted to upper positions if you kiss assess.

Great place to start your career as there are opportunities to learn and develop network.

I have come across the most hard working and knowledgable bunch of individuals and learned a great deal working side by side them. Folks are really smart and can articulate complex situations in a simple easy to understand language. It is a great place to work if you want to progress your career as a consultant. However, not the right place to advance product management career. I am a Sr. Product Manager with more than seven years of experience. I was lucky to get great opportunities to express my passion for product management however from long term career perspective this is not the right place.

Pros

Lots of team/ fun events, happy hours

Cons

Work life balance gets disturbed depending upon the nature of work

Assigned to job, work with new ppl all the time ,learning all the time. Long hours , but like a graduate school in terms of learning the ropes at large companies

Pros

Pd overtime

Cons

Always working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Deloitte with

• Deloitte
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?