Deloitte Employee Reviews

Found 2,604 reviews matching the search See all 7,712 reviews
Good compensation, but mundane admin work and dismal career advancement options
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2019
Deloitte lives up to its reputation in terms of the networking opportunities, competitive compensation (if you know how to negotiate), smart/driven people, and endless learning opportunities.

For those looking to apply for a position in the Project Controller practice (currently termed the "Engagement Controller" practice), you should know a few things:

1. Positions in this practice are largely "admin" roles (close to 70% of my time as a consultant-level experienced hire is spent mundanely inputting data into a system and drafting invoices/billing/collections). Having been in a strategic corporate development/financial analyst capacity in my prior role... this was a huge change for the worse.

In the practice's defense, they do mention that you will be dealing with reconciling client billables/collections in the job description; however, I feel that function was underrepresented in terms of the amount of time that would be spent doing such work. The alluring job highlights such as "provide financial advisory and strategic business insights to upper internal management" is overshadowed by the administrative component.

2. Building off of my prior comment, there doesn't seem to be much opportunity to provide analytical insight or build "consulting" skills. You learn the "Deloitte way" of how to track project financials and you need to master that. If you expected to bring insights from your studies, experience, or side practices to help solve real-world business problems, look elsewhere.

3. You will likely be working "management consulting hours" (i.e. 50-65 hrs/week),
  more... but with much less pay and way less interesting work vs. an external consultant (in my opinion).

Hope this helps. Full disclosure: My inherent bias is that I have never really liked admin work. I know that for many jobs, including management consulting, investment banking, etc. there will always be some admin-related functions, but this role seems to be largely based on admin-functions. I have seen that a lot of people enjoy this type of work and thrive in this capacity; however, I have been unable to get energized about what I do in this role.
Pros
Deloitte really cares about its employees and provides exceptional benefits
Cons
Work-life balance and the project controller practice feels like a dead-end admin role
Could have been better
Analyst (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 25, 2019
I've work for the company which I supported for over 6 years and this was a new company due to a contract award and change. Upon starting it was so much trouble with the on boarding site from uploading forms to trying to speak to someone on the phone regarding the issues that I was having. They entered incorrect information into the system when they had the correct forms.
A place to group within the company
Senior Records Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2019
I loved the people and work ethics of Deloitte. Deloitte was very much for you growing your brand and growing your skills. Deloitte let you do travel for the company on big projects. You were able to network within and outside of the company.
Pros
A lot of perks - half price expense, healthcare, dental, lawyer and more
Cons
n/a
Manager - Security & Privacy Services (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 24, 2019
Experience was invaluable, often stressful if you were not able to be placed on a job. You lean a lot working with very bright and ambitious people; however, it can be a little too competitive at times.
Great company for consulting
Advisory Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2019
Excellent people and lots of support for their employees. Invest in their people and want them to be continually challenged and grow although realizing that goal can be difficult given market demands for your time.
Good first job
Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 19, 2019
Good company that treats employees well and offers decent benefits and fair compensation. Work life balance is extremely difficult, but the firm does its best to ensure employees have what they need to take care of themselves.
Pros
Travel perks, well-being subsidy, vacation time
Cons
Benefits, demands of the job
Bad Place to work
Full Stack Developer (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 19, 2019
No work/life balance even if you have infants at home. People undergo a lot of mental pressure because of politics played by indian employees mainly team leads and MANAGERS. Everyone tries to have dependency on them and always tries to steal the name for the work you did, be it a manager or a lead.

If you are married and want a peaceful life. Be away from deloitte mechanicsburg and mainly from eCIS
Cons
Plitics, Stealing work from each other, Trying to prove other wrong all the time, keeping their place secure in deloitte without giving proper KT to the new additions in proect
Deloitte is a fast paced company.
One Team Associate / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 19, 2019
Deloitte is an amazing fast pasted very competitive company. it offers wonderful benefits with great pay. The company keeps one engaged and striving to do ones best at all times.
Pros
Great benefits, salary.
Cons
A 2 hour commute and long days.
Good benefits but no work life balance
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2019
A typical day would be having at least 1 or 2 meetings for 1 to 2 hours each. The expectation would be to complete another 8 hours job in addition. So, the number of work hours in week would be around 50 hours. Employees are expected to work/give support 24 hours a day. There is no work/life balance at all. The mission would be to satisfy the client at all times by sparing the employee's personal time.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No work/Life Balance. Expected to work 50 hours a week!
High Energy
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2019
Great place to work if you are competitive and highly motivated. Hard place to come back to after having a child. Overall, my experience with the firm was positive.
Pros
Maternity/Paternity leave
Cons
Hours
Great career starter that gets more difficult over time.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 18, 2019
Fantastic place to being a career, but can be overly demanding at times. You will learn a great deal about a variety of corporate environments that is great for initial business careers, but the job becomes more demanding outside of your daily client roles as you advance to a somewhat unrealistic level.
Its a place to work
Operations / Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 18, 2019
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Pros
Free coffee
I hope to work at Deloitte until I don't have to work outside the home anymore.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNMarch 18, 2019
I've been with Deloitte for over 15 years. A typical day is relaxed, yet fast paced and always on the innovative edge in everything we do. There has always been a fabulous opportunity to self-educate and move within the company. Work/Life balance is encouraged. The culture is encouraging and positive. Finding and becoming a mentor is encouraged and I've enjoyed both. The hardest part is right now. I am relocating and while Deloitte has so many offices in the U.S. (and other countries), I will be living an hour away from the closest office and commute time in that particular area does not offer work/life balance. Keeping my fingers crossed to find something virtual.
Pros
Benefits and culture
Cons
Hopeful for more virtual options for first level employees
All Hype- Management Clueless
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2019
I was hired as a 3rd party contractor to assist Deloitte employees on a project. I was told I could not tell the client I was a 3rd party vendor but I had to tell them that I worked for Deloitte. I also was told when my contract ended, I could not mention Deloitte on my resume. The manager had no clue what he was doing. He would call someone every day to get input because he was not clear on how to tackle the assignment. Then, when he gave his updates to the client, he would just repeat whatever the other Deloitte employee told him to say. We changed directions 3 times on how to approach the assignment before he could figure it out. Fortunately, the client did not have a clue. The team I was on treated me like I really was not part of the team. There were impromptu meetings that I was not aware of but was told afterward. Every email we wrote had to go to the manager for review before we can send it out. I did not receive my laptop until the 4th day. On the 10th day, I was given a review. In the review, I was told that I need to use their internal database to get information about the process they were using. I would have if someone told me it existed. Some days, I would not get assignments all day. I would inquire if there is anything that needs to be completed and was told I will get with you. Well at 4 pm, I would get an assignment, We had to eat lunch together every day to talk about the client. The GM(I think that is what you call the person that's constantly trying to sale business to the client) would have lunch with us once a month to get information about the client,  more... ie what are they having issues with and what else we could sale them. We were expected to give a review on what the client discussed in the team meetings. We were told to constantly look for other areas so he can sell more business to the client. They acted so brainwashed. In my opinion, Deloitte is all hype, Work there for 2 or 3 years just to get their name on your resume and then leave for something better  less
Pros
The client site was fun. You have unlimited resources to help you.
Cons
If you are not an employee, you will be treated as an outsider.
Deloitte is a great place to learn and develop your career.
Senior Accountant, Assurance and Advisory Practice (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2019
Deloitte is a great place to learn and develop your career. They provide ample internal learning opportunities. They encourage promotion from within and in different roles within the firm.
Pros
Challenging assignments, variety of clients and projects
Cons
Long hours, potential travel, working offsite at client locations
Poor work-life balance
Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2019
A day at work involves numerous meetings. You end up putting in about 55-50 hours of work in a week. Outside of the client work done you are also required to work on what are called firm initiatives. Barely leaves you with much time for self
Solid place to work and stay
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 13, 2019
Deloitte is a great company. There are so many wonderful things about the firm that you can read about in any google search. Over all Deloitte is great. Of course this is if you belong to the consulting or auditing track of their firm. If you are a member in the Delivery track you are often considered lesser. This feeling is reflected in your benefits/incentives, leave time, internal firm opportunities, and career path.
Pros
Well-being subsidy, benefits package, internal firm initiatives, and overall feeling of firm stability
Cons
Work-life-balance facade, carrer progression, and culture barriers
Ambito de trabajo divertido y interesante con muy buena dirección y cultura laboral.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkMarch 12, 2019
Trabajar para Deloitte fue una experiencia muy agradable. La dirección de la empresa y la gerencia en Nueva York facilito una cultural laboral que contribuyo en una manera muy significativa al éxito de los proyectos.
I never got a chance to play
Sr. Database Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2019
It was fun working with the entrie team in a single room, Well planned and focused on customer goals. I learnt time sense and fun working with the team in one room to save the time.
Pros
No Free lunches
Cons
Coffee was free
Competitive work environment with rapid advancement for those work work hard for it.
Regional Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC and JubaMarch 12, 2019
Working for Deloitte Consulting was my dream come true and I couldn't have asked to work for any other company. It gave me a chance to learn and practice so many skills that I didn't put into use before. Great work culture, great weekly assessment metrics and wonderful pay to top it all up.
Pros
Family benefits, room for career advancement
Cons
Short contracts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K
43.1K
31.4K

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

73%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

90%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss