Deloitte Employee Reviews

Found 2,410 reviews matching the search See all 7,062 reviews
Definite growth and development opportunities
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2018
Deloitte trains and develops its practitioners from start to finish. You work hard for long hours, but you learn more than ever thought possible. There are opportunities to network across types of projects, skills, and leadership styles. You do drive your own career, though this can be a tricky process.
Pros
Fun engagement activities, trainings, diverse projects
Cons
Very large, political organization
Deloitte is good but it depends on the client
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHSeptember 23, 2018
Deloitte is very good to work with having said that, what really matters is the client and the location where you work. Good work life balance, great team, very co-operative people and especially our projects Managing Director is one of the best persons I have met till date. He is always ready to help, guide and talk to his employees.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Compensation not very competitive
Accountant-Based Hour Accountability Regardless of Role
Network Consultant (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 22, 2018
As an IT-based based employee for account-based firm, charging for 50 hours per week was not practical for employee expected to travel and billed for only time served at customer premises.
Productive, fun and good culture.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 19, 2018
The best thing about working at Deloitte is the people. The people there are friendly, good work ethic and intelligent. Very good benefits and perks. Very fun environment and they have good management structure.
Good place to work and learn
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 19, 2018
I learned a lot working at Deloitte. Time management was key, you are given a lot of tasks and have to manage your time and work efficiently. I was introduced to a lot of technology and processes that are still valuable in my career.
Not a job for me.
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNSeptember 19, 2018
Deloitte was better to work as a contractor than an employee - things are not the same or requirements are not given when you go from contractor to employee.
A great place to work
Senior Manager, Audit (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Deloitte has numerous benefits in addition to all of the great professional counseling and instruction that they provide. By far ahead of its time with regards to flexible work arrangements and remote employment options.
Laid back company
EA to VP of Strategic Planning (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Well the job is more special now than it was at the time because I worked in the world trade center. I like working there. It was a time when the compensation matched the job requirements. I supported to VP's and they travelled most of the time, but were pretty much self reliant. I worked on multiple projects at once, and they were both understanding of what priority I may have over the other. The company had great benefits--flextime, comp time.
Interesting work but long days
Indirect Tax Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 18, 2018
Deloitte Tax has great opportunities to advance and challenging work. However, there are some long days in order to meet deadlines. Great place to start a career.
Deloitte Good Company, but compensation isn't the best for certain employees
Senior Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 16, 2018
It is a good company for learning and excellent work. Have good benefits and decent work life balance. Professionalism and great work events for employees.
Pros
Learning, knowledge, professionalism
Cons
Pay is not as high as it could be, lack of growth.
Great place to start your career
Senior Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 16, 2018
Many great people to work with at Deloitte. The work will depend on the client you support. Great exposure to senior staff and clients
Good learning Opportunities.
Good Starting Job
Audit In-Charge (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2018
Monotonous tasks related to auditing clients. Long hours and very little autonomy for staff. Provides a great business knowledge base for you to start your career.
Fun Place to Work and I Loved my Team
Tax Consultant Intern (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 13, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working with Deloitte. I loved my team and really was made to feel like I was an asset while working there. I would recommend this place for anyone interested in public accounting and the highest level.
Mediocre company
Supervisory Experienced Auditor (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 12, 2018
ITs a typical Big 4 company. Profits and client satisfaction even at the cost of employee stress is important. High expectation on 24/7 availability. Not a real work life balance.
Pros
Good stamping for a Big 4 experience
Cons
Treat employees with respect
Deloitte was a good place to work for back in 1998.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 12, 2018
I have not worked for Deloitte for over 18 years and do not feel comfortable writing a review about how this company is working today. I can not say more.
Great place to make long-term career
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
I've been with Deloitte for 10 years. I have grown immensely within the firm, moving from Real Estate Tax to Financial Advisory Services. Currently I have returned to Real Estate Tax as a Paraprofessional, working within the capacity as a project manager. Deloitte is a great firm for advancement, flexible work schedules. It's culture is diverse. Deloitte prides its self on Diversity and Inclusion, meaning that you will always feel a part of your team no matter where you are.
Pros
Great benefits, flexibility
Cons
Overall
Consultant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 10, 2018
Deloitte is a company with many opportunities and possibilities. There is no life-work balance in Deloitte, no matter what their orientation power points say.I've met numerous highly skilled and bright people in Deloitte. Overall, I enjoyed working there.
Overworked and underpaid
Audit Senior Assistant (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 9, 2018
The office is understaffed, so everyone gets overworked, but we only saw raises of less than $5,000 in the past two years. Rating of staff is highly subjective. The rating system only asks, "If you were to use your own money, would you compensate this person for their work?" and "Would you want this person on your team?" Clearly, teams with easier jobs or more easy-going people will be more likely to get rated higher than teams who have high-strung seniors or more complicated work. Not everyone who works here is nice, patient, or willing to mentor you. In fact, most people are not. Most teams I have been on had border-line abusive seniors and managers who never bothered to teach me anything. Every time I made a mistake, it was noted by the senior and told to the managers so that I would get in trouble and to prove to them that I am incompetent, when I am not. I don't understand why they didn't bother teaching me what I need to know to perform better and become a better leader. I felt like I had no support system within the company. If someone higher up likes you, your future career is set. If not, people will consistently push you down. They say the job is flexible, but in reality, nobody ever gets to work from home unless you're a manager. Expectations are usually unrealistic.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No work/life balance, can't work remotely, abusive environment, lots of cliques, endless busy season hours, no mentor
Deloitte
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 9, 2018
My duration at Deloitte was a good work environment. Everyone supported each other as much as possible. I would recommend Deloitte to anyone who is interested in working there.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 7, 2018
Great place to work with a diverse and collaborative group of people. Open atmosphere with responsive management and willingness to produce an effective product.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.8K
31.3K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

72%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

90%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss