Deloitte
Happiness rating is 66 out of 100

Deloitte

Deloitte Human Capital Consultant Review

Avoid if you can

I can only speak to human capital. Most people leave after 1-2 years here. The consulting lifestyle isn't for everyone and gets exhausting and old pretty quickly. We have something called "Deloitte Nice", which equates to people who are fake nice because performance metrics aren't clear. You're often placed in teams with people who are at the same level as you, you're expected to be a team player but at the end of the project and year, you're ranked against each other. All of this promotes back stabbing. The review process is not transparent - you won't get feedback for why someone was promoted over you even if your performance rating is the same - your coach presents you to a panel, who then goes into a room to decide your fate. It's all a popularity contest, so make sure you're in the running (aka the loudest) otherwise good luck moving up. Don't even get me started on diversity - 95% of the leaders in human capital are white. Yes, there are a few URG leaders, but they're not the ones hosting town halls, so you rarely see them - get what I mean? This place is toxic, it promotes those who are toxic, and leadership will feign ignorance or that they have no evidence of such things but the truth is, they're just not measuring it or willfully turning a blind eye. Hearing leadership's canned responses and shifting blame to practitioners "for not speaking up" has been exasperating in the COVID context - we don't speak up for fear of retaliation, which is done through our performance reviews. Your manager and will say you're doing great in your face and then say something different -

Pros

Competitive salary - Deloitte will BUY YOU

Cons

You hold all the accountability - for performance convo, work hours, career growth, work-life balance

2.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Same role

Good Opportunity For Learning if you are Ok to spend time

Good Hikes and BenefitsGood Work cultureNot so good work life Balance, Incase you are very focused on fixed work timeline it can be little difficult to succeed Supportive Management Stress On Employee wellbeing
Same roleSame location

Good place to be if you are a go-getter

Deloitte Consulting is a great place to start out your career IF you are 1) self-motivated 2) Comfortable with putting yourself out there. A lot of what determine's one's success in consulting is not just your performance but who you know in your network. Most of the time, it is about working smarter and not harder. Perceptions are held to a high standard and outweigh actual performance.

Pros

Great PTO (23 days to start and you accrue more as you get promoted), great people, lots of health/well-being/work from home subsidies

Cons

large range in pay bands and lack of transparency with salary decisions
Same location

Worked with Deloitte for 5 years

With consulting you know what you're getting yourself into, long hours and a lot of travel. I enjoyed most of my time here and have made friends that ill have forever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

70%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss