Deloitte
Happiness rating is 66 out of 100

Deloitte

Deloitte Consultant Review

Better options found elsewhere

I worked at Deloitte for a number of years. However, the company has in recent years suffered in some critical areas. During my time there, I experienced poor management from supervisors, lack of communication and guidance from leadership, and worst of all, terrible customer service. Poor Customer Service – I asked for the IT Helpdesk regarding an issue with my computer, which required escalation to the national IT office since the local office was not able to complete it. However, I received no response from the national office for my request despite multiple follow-ups via email and voicemails. The local office also never bothered to check again into the issue, to see if I needed additional assistance. Poor Value – Deloitte’s pricing for client engagements is above the norm. While some of our clients needed that extra assurance that they are bringing on a prestigious accounting firm, many did not realize that comparable work could be performed by other respected regional or local accounting/consulting firms (many staffed by highly qualified employees formerly with Deloitte or other Big 4 firms) at a lower fee. I’ve heard my Deloitte colleagues and managers joke about how the revenues we were getting from certain engagements far exceeded any value we provided to clients. Joking about ripping off clients is not OK, but maybe that’s just me. Mismanagement – Deloitte’s corporate culture can be described in many ways – political, soulless, and too focused on the bottom line that the treatment of employees becomes a side-story. While some of the managers I worked -

Pros

N/a

Cons

Poor management, stressful work, poor customer service, poor value.

2.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Same role

Good Opportunity For Learning if you are Ok to spend time

Good Hikes and BenefitsGood Work cultureNot so good work life Balance, Incase you are very focused on fixed work timeline it can be little difficult to succeed Supportive Management Stress On Employee wellbeing
Same roleSame location

Good place to be if you are a go-getter

Deloitte Consulting is a great place to start out your career IF you are 1) self-motivated 2) Comfortable with putting yourself out there. A lot of what determine's one's success in consulting is not just your performance but who you know in your network. Most of the time, it is about working smarter and not harder. Perceptions are held to a high standard and outweigh actual performance.

Pros

Great PTO (23 days to start and you accrue more as you get promoted), great people, lots of health/well-being/work from home subsidies

Cons

large range in pay bands and lack of transparency with salary decisions
Same location

Worked with Deloitte for 5 years

With consulting you know what you're getting yourself into, long hours and a lot of travel. I enjoyed most of my time here and have made friends that ill have forever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Deloitte with

• Deloitte
  • Better options found elsewhere
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?