Deloitte
Happiness rating is 67 out of 100

Deloitte Employee Reviews

Found 3,405 reviews matching the search
Great company to work for. Great benefits. Socially advanced. You are in charge of your career. Don't expect to be held by your hand by management to lead you down the path to promotion etc.
It is a company that existed for long. I did find below as a detriment over the past 5 years.- Delivery centers as complementary to consulting, but using them more during Covid .. representing them as part of consulting equivalent, to make margins happen- Project delivery workforce is a tough spot for people to survice- Covid cuts, did a bad job of these
Pros
wellness perks, leave of absence
Cons
Bad covid cuts, Struggle to execute tech outcomes
Great work culture and full of opportunities. Benefits are good compared to other firms. A little bit costly health insurance by keeping in mind the stature of the company,
Pros
A lot of opportunities
Cons
too much workload
Stressful long hours less clarity politicsGreat training clients comp is fine good projects fitness subsidies Good for homegrown talent not good for exp hires
Busy season was horrible. Crazy hours no thanks.If you are lucky the summers are better,That’s only if someone has your back. Could be the same again with June year end dates
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Crazy work load
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Pros-smart people, good overall company culture, job security if perform decently at lower levelsCons-work life balance generally with consulting (federal practice is more sustainable), competitive pay, interesting projects
Everybody was run down and overworked. Does not excite me as a place to work and grow. Definite job security, however, and plenty of opportunities to advance.
Work extra hours with no recognition. Big workload, team leads don’t care about you. The only way to grow in the company is being best buddy of the leadership.
Pros
Exposure to clients
Cons
No lunch break, low pay, no career perspective
Great company to work for as a recent college grad. I've worked at the company for about three years now, and this has been an amazing first job out of college. However, if you're someone in the tech field, the compensation isn't that great. You're really not earning that much until you reach Manager level. Work life balance can be great, but you really have to advocate for yourself.
Company who delivery very complex and important engagement for their clients and make them successful . Client. Typically engage us when they feel their carrier would be risk if projects does not get delivered.
Pros
Free food, most talented people
Cons
Working Hours, Compensation
Office space is open concept (pre-Corona Virus). The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with. Made many great connections while with Deloitte.
I worked in the Deloitte Federal space so my work/life balance may be different to those in private sector practice. Overall, I would say the quality of people working at Deloitte is its greatest asset. Managers genuinely try to "set you up for success." Deloitte also encourages and has a system that allows you to find work that is most meaningful/interesting to you. Again, in Federal at least work/life balance was very good.
Pros
People, work variety, work/life balance
Cons
not specific to Deloitte but consulting industry
Deloitte has a lot of great benefits and the people within the firm were really cool. Unfortunately for me, I experienced that in places outside of my Advisory practice. Upper management in my team was super toxic.
Company is very focused on their profits rather than accommodating the needs of their employees. It is a great place to network but is exhausting to keep up with their compliance metrics.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Extremely demanding
This is definitely a challenging and at times stressful career. However, you learn so much and there is a plethora of opportunity at all times. Colleagues are incredibly bright and you are paid very well for your time and energy. Must be self-directed and highly motivated to succeed.
Decent job. I would recommend to others. I just felt that it is no longer a good fit for me. Working from home and talking on the phone and on the computer all day is getting old.
Unlimited opportunities to take your career in whatever direction aligns with your interests. Highly matrixed organization that can be overwhelming and challenging to navigate. High expectations with experience dependent on the team you are aligned with.
Great company to build a long term career path if you're an A type personality. Very result oriented, and the way your every minute of productivity is tracked and the way your performance is evaluated can sometimes make you feel like just another dot on a line graph. But other than that you have great job security, benefits, and long term career potential.
Pros
Prestigious and you learn a lot quickly
Cons
Can be stressful at times and you will have high work loads
I enjoy this job as my first job -- I think it's a great place to learn and develop your business skillset because the opportunities are literally endless within the firm. They give you the chance to pave your own road to learn more about the things you're interested in and energized by.
Pros
Learning opportunities, challenged, growth minded company that cares to develop employees
Cons
Long hours at times, can get stressful as well if you don't manage up on expectations/time
I have never before worked in such an unprofessional environment. Management constantly misses or cancels meetings at the last minute. Team members and management go on leave without communicating their absence. Objectives are not communicated until after a deliverable has been turned in. Working nights, weekends, and holidays is expected - and generally needed for leadership's lack of time management. Cancel culture runs rampant through every level of management and leadership. Work-life balance is a joke. Utilization (percentage of billable hours per 2080 work-hours per year) is expected to meet or exceed 95%. Any PTO or holiday hours are counted against that utilization rate, making it impossible to meet that goal without working in excess of 50 hours a week every week. Pay isn't bad but, if taking into consideration the hours needed to maintain your job, hourly rates are much lower than most non-consulting corporations.
Pros
no pros
Cons
lack of work-life balance, terrible corporate culture, unprofessional management
The only pro is that you build resume for your next jobTHats it. Other than that you will work so many hours, and be paid so very little. If you can have another job, go ahead and leave deloitte as a last resource
Pros
resume
Cons
low salaries
  1. Employee Reviews