Deloitte

Deloitte Employee Reviews

United States3,699 reviews

Found 3,699 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,798 reviews

Great Company

Great company to work for. Great benefits. Socially advanced. You are in charge of your career. Don't expect to be held by your hand by management to lead you down the path to promotion etc.

Good work culture and professional environment, lots of opportunities to try something new. The culture is diverse with ppl from many different cultures and countries.

Deloitte insights

Based on 1,342 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

I loved my time at the firm

My time at the firm was great, This is many years ago, and I have heard the firm is not the same anymore, but I have fond memories there. This was before the culture of working from home was popular, so everyone was in the office every day. Not sure I could do that today! We had catered lunches and I made some great friends there. It was a great time and I regret leaving when I did in hindsight, I was there less than 2 years. Good culture and management on my end. My only complaint is that like many organizations, I reported to an admin manager rather than the person I was with everyday. I never understood why this was set up this way. It was almost like having to sit at the kids table instead of the grown ups. I never saw my admin manager (thank goodness).

Pros

great firm (at the time)

Cons

didnt like my admin manager or that practice

Great learning experience, heavy workload

Great place to begin your career and gain valuable experience. High stress environment with heavy workloads and complex work. Good base pay, but no overtime so extremely underpaid during busy seasons.

Good Start to Career

Learned a lot working here with great benefits. Management was unimpressive. Good start to a new career if you can handle the hours. Work I was assigned too niche

Great company

Nothing bad to say here. Job security galore. Good work with good people. Some politics but that is everywhere you go. Leadership Is great with family atmosphere.

Pros

Freedom to explore your talents. Great culture!

Worst Mistake I ever made

I try to stay grateful for all that I have, especially when it comes to employment, so I cannot believe how terrible my experience was and how much I regret having worked at Deloitte. I still have recurring nightmares of this experience.I worked there for over three years mostly because my work schedule did not allow me the time to look for another job. I hit bottom when a "good day" meant that I was outside of the office 8+ hours in a day - this went on for a full year and I did not have many good days. Ultimately there was no benefit/reward for working those hours and it cost me my physical and mental health.If you fit a certain mold then you'll do great. You'll have a few long nights here and there, but you won't have to worry about getting too overwhelmed because the people who are just like you are already looking out for you. If you're diverse in any way, good luck. You will be put under a microscope and anything you do wrong will be pointed out. It does not take long at all to see what the mold is at this company.

Pros

for some people it's not too bad

Cons

regular physical and mental exhaustion

Company lets you go without notice

I have been let go twice not because of performance Deloitte to actually be brought back so be careful when you think long term with this company. They can tell you one day your a rock star and two days later let you go.

Good career advancement but long hours

Great place to build a career and add to your resume. The company has a good mentorship program in place. However there are long hours and projects are often understaffed. You will learn and grow a lot.

Good and the Bad

Good - Pay and bonus is subpar with market standardsBad - Long work hours, very vague tasks. A lot of politics. It's not about doing the work, but rather about creating the illusion and narrative that you are doing a lot of work. It's quite toxic.

Pros

Pay and bonus is subpar with market standards

Cons

Long work hours, very vague tasks.

Horrible, stressful and overworked

Low pay, overworked, no respect, micromanagement and our department lost many good people from poor management. You don't mean. anything unless your are management or higher.

Fun and dynamic workplace

Fun and dynamic workplace with flexible hours and locations.Not very challenging as almost everyone follows the same growth parcours, whether you try your best or not.

Wonderful

Excellent company. There are so many great things it is impossible to tell. There are books written about this company which are wonderful resources. It is a many times harder to get into Deloitte than Harvard.

Good for recent college graduates who want to climb the corporate environment

This is a great fit for a recent college graduate. The company invests in your training and professional development and creates a clear career path. However, you are expected to put in 50 hours a week - 40 hours to fulfill your contract responsibilities and another 5 - 10 to contribute to the growth of Deloitte. As a seasoned health care professional with 25+years of experience, the corporate culture was not a good fit. I was interested in developing my professional skills but not necessarily in becoming a managing director and engaging in business development. The specialist track is not as valued at Deloitte as ambition for becoming a managing director or partner.

Excellent company to work for, the best job I've ever had

Great place to work. I really like what I do, the people are supportive and helpful, our team is remote and schedule is manageable. The projects are interesting. Compensation is good. No complaints.

Pros

Remote work, flexible schedule, interesting work, opportunities for promotion, good salary

Cons

Client management can be confusing

Good culture

Good culture with leadership and vision best for learning new technology and management principles.Global organization with reputed professional attribute

Good luck with work life balance

It's a hit or miss when it comes to work life balance as a result of the Consulting area being project-focused. You will come across different work life balance than your peers, which is a bit unpredictable.

Big Brother

They offer a "bonus" but its a loan. They won't pay you enough to be able to pay back the loan unless you sell your soul for 2 years. They won't reimburse you for mileage or gas but expect you to travel 2+ hours one way to get the access cards you need and turn around and say the "bonus" should have been used for reimbursement. How is it reimbursement if you have to pay it back? So you end up paying twice. This company is Big Brother and everything you do has to benefit Deloitte and not the employee.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Low pay, no actual training, no reimbursements

Decent place for public accounting

It's true that busy seasons have long hours and can drain people bad during those months. But outside of busy seasons is not bad, especially summer time. Pay is fair for public accounting, but of course not as much as industry pays. I would say it has a better company culture and management than some other big fours from my experience compared to some of my friends. Would recommend for someone looking for a big four job.

Good first job

It is a good first job to get you to where you want to go. If you find a good mentor, it will take you far and help you succeed. Also, a great place to learn about technical research. you will learn how to find the answers you are looking for.

Amazing work life balance

Everyone on the team will strongly encourage you to put your well being first, whether it be using the most you can of your PTO or taking breaks while working at the desk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight