Deloitte

Houston, TX132 reviews

Found 132 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,813 reviews
firmconsultprojectbalancecareerworklifeclientnetwork

Good Start to Career

Learned a lot working here with great benefits. Management was unimpressive. Good start to a new career if you can handle the hours. Work I was assigned too niche

Great company

Nothing bad to say here. Job security galore. Good work with good people. Some politics but that is everywhere you go. Leadership Is great with family atmosphere.

Pros

Freedom to explore your talents. Great culture!

Deloitte insights

Based on 1,350 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

Good and the Bad

Good - Pay and bonus is subpar with market standardsBad - Long work hours, very vague tasks. A lot of politics. It's not about doing the work, but rather about creating the illusion and narrative that you are doing a lot of work. It's quite toxic.

Pros

Pay and bonus is subpar with market standards

Cons

Long work hours, very vague tasks.

productive and fun place to work.. sometimes bit hectic. but pays fairly well. Also the management is really good. We can reach out to them anytime.Overall nice place to work

Great Company

I really enjoy working for Deloitte. Being able to work remotely gives me more time to spend with my family. The supervisors seem to really care, and go out of their way to help you.

It was boring

The Study.com system is full of "how-to" information in order for you to be successful with the company. However, you have to want it and avail yourself of the helpful tools that, once you learn how to use them quickly, will lead to getting paid. You will not get rich quick with Study.com. You need to follow the steps and be assiduous in your work. You will need to have thick skin and be able to take constructive feedback. The company has a system whereby everyone contributes to a project (a lesson or a video, etc.). Lastly, working for Study.com will help you rethink how you deliver information effectively.Pros

Amazing company

Company helps you grow and learn a lot. Extensive training and great opportunity to grown, learn and be an amazing professional. Best place to work and start your career

Loved it. Great people, great pay, and great upward growth opportunities. I would have stayed longer if law hadn't called me to change carriers. I still think about going back.

No work-life balance

The company is great and you will work with some of the smartest people you will ever met. But if you are not willing to work like crazy and actually want to spend time with your friends and family, you wont last long at this place.

Pros

Lots of perks (dinners, etc), clear promotion path

Cons

No work life balance to speak ok

Good place to start bad place to finish...

Things started off ok but then I immediately knew that I wouldn't be there long. The supervisor they brought in was in way over his head... I was lead to believe i was being groomed for the position but nope pulled in a total stranger and changed the whole culture.

Pros

Good co workers

Cons

Low pay, and blame falls heavy on employees...

Depends on the team

Deloitte has a lot of great benefits and the people within the firm were really cool. Unfortunately for me, I experienced that in places outside of my Advisory practice. Upper management in my team was super toxic.

Countless opportunities

If you are a hard worker and high performer, there are countless opportunities for you. You must enjoy a fast pace. The flexibility is unmatched. The PTO is unmatched (and yes you can use it). The maternity/paternity leave is unmatched. Truly an “own your own career” mentality with no “boss” per se. You can get stuck in a rut working for a partner/director that doesn’t fulfill you. That’s the biggest challenge - more difficult to make people moves without direct conversations but still much easier than in industry!

Pros

Family leave, nice offices, countless resources to do your job

Cons

401(k) match

Can have a very rewarding career but you have to put in long hours

Deloitte has it all. Great clients, great teams, opportunities to keep learning, amazing training, and great perks. If you know where you want to go in your career, there is a way forward at this firm. If you don't, there is time to figure it out. With that being said, you do have to put in long hours depending on your group. Utilization and client service hours are always metrics that you will have to meet and it can be very demanding at times. Most teams (I'm in tax) will have a "whatever the client wants" mentality which can translate into a toxic work environment where working till midnight and getting back online at 6 am is the norm. It's magnified even more that everyone is working from home. In order to keep our clients happy sometimes upper management will agree to unreasonable deadlines causing well being and mental health to suffer. As much as this is a great firm, i have been stressed at this job since day 1. It is not for the faint of heart. There are definitely good days and moments but in the end, you have to determine for yourself what you want your personal life and work look like. If "putting in the work" and "grinding" is something you're willing to do, this is a great place to learn and grow! I've seen many people come to love the firm and their career and sure that will continue despite the personal sacrifices.

Pros

training, various career paths, great benefits, promotion schedule, ability to be on many clients and gain new experiences, meeting amazing people

Cons

long hours, low pay for the amount of hours you put in

Great company start your career - if you are not in delivery center

The company is great to work for and comes with the benefits of working for a large consulting firm. Pay is on par and work is very interesting. The only downfall is that they have started a whole "offshore" model inside the US that they call "delivery centers" which cater to low-cost consulting. The work isn't very interesting and it's definitely not consulting work and feels pretty mundane.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Leadership doesnt care enough about you.

Great company to start career.

Deloitte has a good methodology and structure that it is a good place to start a career. I wouldn’t have had a problem staying and wouldn’t mind going back. I left for opportunity that was on the ground floor of a new initiative.

Pros

Benefits, teams, flexibility, stability

Great Place to work

I have issues with employees at Deloitte. The work culture is awesome, where I felt appreciated by the teams work. I would recommend Deloitte to anyone; entry or experienced.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Work / Life Balance

It is similar to the other Big 4s

There are a lot of opportunities to learn and also volunteer for non- technical work if you are interested. I liked that we had 1 day to volunteer and give back to the society. Work can get crazy sometimes and people are not respectful of your time when you are out sick.

Pros

PTO is 5 weeks, get week off for Christmas

Cons

Sometimes leadership is not open about what is going on. Also, your experience is based on the teams you are part of. There are some managers that don’t care.

I was happy very happy to get an offer from Deloitte until I start working there! there are hundreds of people apply for jobs at Deloitte but only a few get an offer and when I say few I mean 3% of overall who applies for jobs with Deloitte and that's a study I learned during my orientation with the company. it's a big company so you will get unnoticed no matter how hard you work you need to go the extra mile, expect a lot of different culture of people and that's mean people not from the US so it's hard to communicate because you don't know their culture, long hours of work I mean not 12 or 14 hours I stayed few times till 4 am and had to wake up by 8 am to a client meeting, I pushed so hard not to work very long hours but I have seen others who work every day till 11 PM every day. I loved the challenges there it makes me a better person I would still love to work for Deloitte having their name on my resume is a plus.

Pros

Benifits, pay, parties, travel miles, free hotels

Cons

long hours, culture

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Deloitte is good. Work from home availability.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Deloitte is good. Good amount of work share in this role.OverallMy experience working at Deloitte is good.

Great environment to learn

Great environment to work in. Full of interesting and motivated people. Smart and talented colleagues who take an interest in you and your life outside of work. Cooperative and challenging place to work.

Pros

Perks, prestige

Cons

Intense at times

Opportunity to Learn New Things

Challenging, engaging, and fulfilling work for clients with very supportive management. Longer than average work hours due to the nature of consulting, but management is considerate of work/ life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight