Deloitte
Happiness rating is 66 out of 100

Deloitte Employee Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

This is definitely a challenging and at times stressful career. However, you learn so much and there is a plethora of opportunity at all times. Colleagues are incredibly bright and you are paid very well for your time and energy. Must be self-directed and highly motivated to succeed.
Typical big 4 job, intense hours but good experience. Pay was ok since I was an experienced hire but the raised were kind of meh, around 3-4%. Culture really varies depending on your team.
It depended on the day. Some days I would check my email and would have a lot more than expected, which was the norm. Then I would glance through it quickly and prioritize it from there. Twice a month we had billing deadlines and my inbox would be flooded to prepare invoices. So those days that would be my priority unless there was something more pressing, like scheduling a call within an hour with East Coast personnel or having to order last minute lunch.
Pros
free snacks and lunches during busy season
Cons
hectic environment always busy, which I didn't mind
The corporate culture is very much focused on its people, with the understanding that happy employees work better, harder, and longer. Employee well-being is truly baked into the corporate culture, with generous benefits and rewards.
If you get your feet in Deloitte, you'd be a fool to ever plan to leave! You are SET FOR LIFE! If you feel anything may be wrong in or about this company, you should think twice...It's probably YOU that's wrong ultimately. #1 motto is Independence which promotes work from home and work-home balance. There is no "office hours" - you set your own. You don't have to miss your kids' school events or you can see a doctor at 10am on Tuesday. Abundance of food and beverages in D-Cafe all the time, particularly during the busy tax season. Rotation program will give you opportunities to work abroad for several weeks. Of course most participants extend time to vacation in or nearby countries. Company offers a very rich benefit package and pension.
Whether working at Deloitte is enjoyable and rewarding depends on the office and management within that office. I worked in three different offices, and each office presented its unique challenges. Overall, I had a good experience working at Deloitte. Compared to other organizations, Deloitte is a far better firm in terms of culture and the way it treats its employees.
Deloitte was a fun, but a frenetic place to work for. I felt compensation was fair. It's rare that I've seen a company that actually practices what it preaches. Deloitte s a data-driven company in every way possible. Even ideas leadership don't agree with are allowed to move forward if the data shows they are the right thing to do. They offer extensive on-the-job training, value employee happiness and engagement, and offer a lot of benefits not found elsewhere. Deloitte's culture is collaborative and the global reach provides an interesting opportunity to connect with employees across departments and markets. Management strength varies greatly across the company, depending on which department you are in. Overall, fantastic company, product, vision, culture, and management.
Excellent place to work best job i ever had met very interesting peoe learn so much from my supervisor. I would still be there but I reacted to a different city
The company is very structured but a great place to work for but during the busy season demands high hours. The learning curve is extremely steep especially for new staff.
Fabulous work environment, world-class colleagues and fantastic challenges. You will always face new obstacles to overcome, this keeps it interesting and the benefit/fulfillment ratio is high. If you enjoy truly helping people, I highly recommend Deloitte.
While at Deloitte, it was a great and dynamic place to work. The culture was great to be around. Offered ample opportunities to drive your career forward and network with countless like-minded individuals. Overall, great place to work!
As an analyst/consultant at Deloitte, the culture is incredible. They do a fantastic job of recruiting extremely smart, driven, and fun loving people up and down the food chain. Projects are varied and like any management consulting firm, your bound to get amazing ones and horrible ones. Working hard is a constant.
The best part about working at Deloitte LLP is learning each and every aspect of accounting, which include auditing, taxation, accounting and information technology consulting. As well, Deloitte promotes based on performance, and there is room for advancement.
After all, this is Big 4 so you should expect you will be working all the time. Period. If you are married, you will make your spouse feel miserable for sure, because you will not have any free time. But if you're single and you want to put something on your resume that you worked for one of Big 4, then this is for you.
I wouldn't have anywhere to compare it to yet, but it was a great experience working here. This was my first professional internship so it allowed me to expand my horizon of experience.
Work Culture is great. But due to size of the teams, it is difficult to get recognized and grow.Some departments have too many restrictions and hence thinking out of the box is not appreciated
Your career will take off if you are willing to sign over your life to them. Deloitte publicizes how supportive they are of family leave, but it really starts at the partners you work with. Most partners you work with aren't supportive of you taking paid leave and look at it as if its a burden on themselves to cover you for your time out of the office, even after over 10 years of dedicated service. Hours are long, and turnover is high. At the end of the day, the work gets done, but at the expense of burning out. Ratings are unexplainable as a dot on a scatter plot. Training programs are very good, and if you find a good support team to mentor you, you should be OK. Just don't wait too late in your career to have a life, have kids, etc. because you will get penalized for not signing your life over to the partnership. It is more forgivable to have a life and kids earlier in your career. You work with very smart and motivated teams, happy hours and celebrations are elaborate unless there are budget restrictions. There are lots of opportunities to travel and own your career. It's just hard to have it all when they take it all out of you.
Pros
flexible schedule, PTO benefits
Cons
Up or out mentality, male dominated leadership
Deloitte is a good place to work and a good place to have worked. I don't have many details to share. Deloitte tries to provide a full corporate work experience.
Pros
Technology level
Cons
Communication level
Great step for career. Will work a ton. make sure you are available all the time. But definitely a good resume builder. Do it while you are young because you will not enjoy this lifestyle later in life
Deloitte has a great environment, excellent benefits and an outstanding learning portal . Deloitte is great way to work with flexible work hours, good work-life balance and great opportunities to learn new technologies.
While Deloitte is a great place to work, at times, I find the ability to maintain work/life balance challenging. Clients can be very demanding and at times senior management doesn't do a great job of protecting their people. It's all about the happiness of the client, even if it sacrifices your own in the process.