Deloitte

New York, NY406 reviews

Found 406 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,813 reviews
firmconsultprojectbalancecareerworklifeclientnetwork

Worked with Deloitte for 5 years

With consulting you know what you're getting yourself into, long hours and a lot of travel. I enjoyed most of my time here and have made friends that ill have forever.

Good place to be if you are a go-getter

Deloitte Consulting is a great place to start out your career IF you are 1) self-motivated 2) Comfortable with putting yourself out there. A lot of what determine's one's success in consulting is not just your performance but who you know in your network. Most of the time, it is about working smarter and not harder. Perceptions are held to a high standard and outweigh actual performance.

Pros

Great PTO (23 days to start and you accrue more as you get promoted), great people, lots of health/well-being/work from home subsidies

Cons

large range in pay bands and lack of transparency with salary decisions

Deloitte insights

Based on 1,350 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

Great place to start your career as there are opportunities to learn and develop network.

I have come across the most hard working and knowledgable bunch of individuals and learned a great deal working side by side them. Folks are really smart and can articulate complex situations in a simple easy to understand language. It is a great place to work if you want to progress your career as a consultant. However, not the right place to advance product management career. I am a Sr. Product Manager with more than seven years of experience. I was lucky to get great opportunities to express my passion for product management however from long term career perspective this is not the right place.

Pros

Lots of team/ fun events, happy hours

Cons

Work life balance gets disturbed depending upon the nature of work

Stressful work environment

I would give an over all rating for this company in the following:Good benefit , pay is ok but stressful environment. Career advancement available.

Lots of great benefits!

Great benefits they truly do care about their employees! Need to do better with work / life fit balance. Need to offer more for the working moms and instead of just preaching it actually practice it!

Great Company to work for

A lot of demands on your time make the work worth while for the benefit of the company. You put in a lot of time but are given back rewards by the amount of donated time to good causes.

Overall the people care about you. If you get on a good team, the people will invest in you.

Great place to learn if you don't mind being slightly underpaid and work long hours during busy season. The most enjoyable part about this job is the people you get to work with.

Great place to start your career

This is a great place to start your career. You will learn a lot. Training is good. The companies with which you will work are amazing. At least where I worked, management was unprofessional, and there was a high school vibe.

High Pace, great team environment

Very high pace, tough work life balance but it was a great learning experience. Learned about working as a team, managing people, expectations and deadlines. The firm was also very good at training their people and getting them ready to perform their jobs.

Good place to start career but comp is too low

A good place for accounting major to start career but the leadership in NYC office at least in BTS Group does not really care about the staff and the comp is too low in the market

High profile cases. Interesting work.

High profile cases. Interesting work. Lots of bureaucracy. Lots of "busywork" and unnecessary job requirements that take up a lot of time and need to be conducted after reaching the weekly 40 billable hours....

Long on brand, short on values

Hours are very demanding; every season is busy season. PTO plan ok, but hard to fully check out. Technology not the best - had issues applying to join, during hiring process and navigating a complex web of internal sites and databases. Tools I needed to do my job often crash, take forever to access and do not always integrate with clients or home office environments. Email overkill with calls about calls, running to meetings about other meetings. Processes often mundane, repetitive, and overlapping. Culture is clique, not very inclusive and lacking in diversity.Firmwide communication style is fairly direct, forthcoming. People on an individual level are very bright, friendly - hard working and best in class.Performance management, measurement and feedback are very low resolution. Management at times disconnected; not very personable, difficult to build rapport and gain trust with.Leaders are dry, by the book, close to the vest types, singing company songs. Organization feels oversized, change is slow and heavy isolation to your business line/practice area. Voice feels unheard, skills undervalued. Recruited on creativity and innovation, hired by a herd culture.

Pros

Internal Mobility, Comp and benefits, Learning

Cons

Culture, Work/Life Balance, High Stress

Tough place

Very tough environment. Long days and nights. All they care about is the client. They do not value the employee. Do not recommend unless you are chasing money.

Enjoy working with peers but definitely does not promote the best workplace culture

Although the company fosters a lot of community events, they could work on paying us better for the hours we work. Especially in consulting, there is really a sense of "client-first" at times, which the firm is working to fix, but still needs improvement

Pros

Workplace culture amongst peers

Cons

Long hours, compensation

Huge Firm that Requires you to find your place

Deloitte consulting has many different departments and if you enter at the entry level it can be difficult to steer yourself into a project you love. After 2 years I managed to network my way into a team I wanted to work with, but depending on the person this can take shorter or longer. Also I have heard many of my colleagues are returning to traveling full or part time so keep that in mind

Good place to start your career

People you work with are smart, work can be interesting, but morale has generally been low due to poor work life balance and low compensation relative to peers.

Long hours but you learn alot.

Good place to get your career started. Pay is decent but hours are long. Management tries to work with you but ultimately the job needs to get done. My coworkers were nice and there are some flexibilities to get your work done.

innovative and fun environment

Exposure to multiple types of projects, great benefits, fast paced environment and engaging culture. No two days are the same. Endless opportunities to get involved with

benefits

Cons

great name but perpetually understaffed causing burnout

Doesn't matter if you move out of client services, that mentality seeps into everything at the firm. Projects are always understaffed because we only win sales by underbidding. If you find your niche and a PPMD who has your back, you will do better. It's a very cliquey environment.

Pros

name recognition

Cons

no WLB, huge egos, subpar raises, lots of red tape and restrictions on personal investments due to independence issues

Talented employees

My fellow employees were incredibly talented and I learned a lot as an intern. The management seemed fair and responsive when I had questions. Overall, great experience.

It's a great place to start your career

Deloitte Consulting is an excellent place to start your career. You'll grow immensely in a very short amount of time compared to colleagues in other industries / roles. Just be careful who you work with/for early on. Burnout is a thing. Make the most of your time there!

Pros

Interesting Work, Stimulation

Cons

Mind numbing hours, work/life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Deloitte with

Learn about Deloitte in New York, NY

Deloitte reviews by popular job title

• Deloitte