Deloitte

Consultant269 reviews
United States269 reviews

Clear

Found 81 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,812 reviews

Federal has sustainable work life balance

Pros-smart people, good overall company culture, job security if perform decently at lower levelsCons-work life balance generally with consulting (federal practice is more sustainable), competitive pay, interesting projects

Think Twice about joining

Totally disappointing with the Deloitte name, but its very important for people thinking of joining Deloitte. No doubt its a huge name in Consulting, but you have 0 job security. Top executives say very nice things like no plans to reduce workforce & blah, blah. Top Leadership has complete disconnect and lack of people management skills. This is a huge reason Deloitte is lacking in Leadership right now. secretly they laid off people. Makes big promises about work culture, no more than 40 hrs/ week etc but all fake. Full of politics, no direction for new employees. Stay away at every cost. I recommend other Consulting firms. No telling if their staffing model will ever be effective. Think twice about joining this firm.

Deloitte insights

Based on 1,350 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

Great culture

Diversity and inclusion and growth are championed and well delivered within this organization. The workplace culture is highly supportive and it is the most enjoyable part of the job.

It's good company

Good work culture Training and improve your skills You get opportunity to work on different clients Management is good and consider work life balance.

A great place to expand your skills and experience and build great relationships

Excellent workplace Great opportunity to grow in your career Great place to build business working relationships A very pleasant and professional team to work with

Nice place to work (If you know people or have contacts)

I've joined recently and I've been recruited for Hadoop/BigData role. I couldn't find any Hadoop related role. Everything is Excel related work and BI tools. But work culture is too good. Work/life balance is awesome.

Fantastic fast-paced environment focused on personal development

Working for Deloitte Consulting can feel like drinking from a fire-hose at first, but you learn to appreciate the speed of operation and the variety of experiences. The culture is strongly focused on personal growth and mentorship, but you have to establish your own boundaries for work-life balance (a work-in-progress addition to the culture). Deloitte provides diverse industry experience in a short amount of time. There is no "typical day" because it changes based on the project. You learn how to handle ambiguity and network without a consistent direct manager.

Pros

Fantastic flexibility and compensation package, including fitness subsidy!

Cons

Long work week, frequent travel.

Productive firm with a great exposure to variety of clients and projets

Enjoyed working here and got to experience a few different types of project learning many skills in the process. Great people an good culture. Lot of emphasis on the well being of the employees and creating a healthy atmosphere to work in.

Ambito de trabajo divertido y interesante con muy buena dirección y cultura laboral.

Trabajar para Deloitte fue una experiencia muy agradable. La dirección de la empresa y la gerencia en Nueva York facilito una cultural laboral que contribuyo en una manera muy significativa al éxito de los proyectos.

Very impressed

I am a recent hire and very impressed by the amount of training and dedication that went in to helping new employees assimilate into the culture here at Deloitte.

Working at Deloitte

Prestigious company and great benefits. However, need to be very well networked in order to climb up the ladder in the firm. Very competitive environment.

Great work place to work on!

Great work place to work on!. one of the best place to explore new technologies and great people management.Deloitte is far ahead in the SAP S4 implementations across industries.

Mixed feelings

Personally, did not find the company culture a good fit. It is all about promoting yourself than it is about showing your worth through your work. So you work with a lot of people who may not be the right fit for your team and end up taking up a large workload to carry the team. I would prefer to work in a more balanced environment where the leadership can properly identify everyone's skillsets and creates a good team. Also minimal work life balance for the reasons mentioned above. On the other end, it's very much about utilization in terms of client hours and even if you are at a standstill because of information requirements from your client, your performance could be affected. So, you always need to be networking and looking out for projects or gigs. So its a not-so-peaceful system that does not work for me.

Pros

Travel rewards

Cons

work life imbalance

cmd

Not enjoyable, was in a small group with no future. Deals became repepetive and there was a lack of enthusiasm and committment to ensuring workk was done accuratelyt and properly.

Great for fresh grads, bad for experienced hires

They prioritize the management and development of fresh grads from top ten MBA programs over everyone else. You do not have a manager that is in charge and accountable for your management or development.

Pros

Pay, Good brand in the market, Reputation

Cons

Bad culture, Poor boundaries

Its a people's firm

They offer great Benefits and compensation plan They have good personal development culture Great FMLA policy They truly value and care for their employees

Excellent if you're starting off your career

I wish i started at Deloitte as soon as i ended college. It's a very resourceful, fast paced environment which gives you the best industry experience.

Pros

job culture

Cons

work life balance

The most enjoyable part of the job

The most enjoyable part of the job was that team members get along with everyone, thus, being at the office was always fun and never dull. Also, a big plus of working there is the fact that if you proved you were reliable you could work under your own conditions.

Better options found elsewhere

I worked at Deloitte for a number of years. However, the company has in recent years suffered in some critical areas. During my time there, I experienced poor management from supervisors, lack of communication and guidance from leadership, and worst of all, terrible customer service. Poor Customer Service – I asked for the IT Helpdesk regarding an issue with my computer, which required escalation to the national IT office since the local office was not able to complete it. However, I received no response from the national office for my request despite multiple follow-ups via email and voicemails. The local office also never bothered to check again into the issue, to see if I needed additional assistance. Poor Value – Deloitte’s pricing for client engagements is above the norm. While some of our clients needed that extra assurance that they are bringing on a prestigious accounting firm, many did not realize that comparable work could be performed by other respected regional or local accounting/consulting firms (many staffed by highly qualified employees formerly with Deloitte or other Big 4 firms) at a lower fee. I’ve heard my Deloitte colleagues and managers joke about how the revenues we were getting from certain engagements far exceeded any value we provided to clients. Joking about ripping off clients is not OK, but maybe that’s just me. Mismanagement – Deloitte’s corporate culture can be described in many ways – political, soulless, and too focused on the bottom line that the treatment of employees becomes a side-story. While some of the managers I worked -

Pros

N/a

Cons

Poor management, stressful work, poor customer service, poor value.

Passive Aggressive

If you thrive in a passive aggressive culture and enjoy having every aspect of your personality under scrutiny time and time again, then this is the place for you. Assertive women will need to couch their positions so that they don't ruffle people the wrong way.

Productive and Competitive work place

Overall this is a good company to work for. Culture is very good and people are excellent and very helpful. Location is the major reason for looking a new job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Deloitte with

• Deloitte
  • Consultant
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?