Deloitte

Deloitte insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

Great Company

Great company to work for. Great benefits. Socially advanced. You are in charge of your career. Don't expect to be held by your hand by management to lead you down the path to promotion etc.

Collaborative work

I enjoy workign with broad teams on a variety of project types and the chance to travel aroudn the US and explore. The management is uplifting of its employees.

Salary is commensurate of the stress levels that will produced by the project timeline

If you work in Oracle find somewhere else to work. You are heavily surrounded by expatriates from other countries and most Americans are being pushed out. Grammar and honesty are not welcomed traits in the Oracle practice.

Pros

stipend for entertainment; salary is high; pension

Cons

there is no work/life balance; projects are 90+% offshore.

An organization that continually allows you to reinvent yourself

Great organization. Given its size, Deloitte literally does everything. If you're interested in a certain client or type of work we likely do it and you can pursue it.

Pros

Large organization provides limitless opportunities to pursue interest areas, flexible org, invests a lot in its employees

Cons

Mgmt feels the need to comment on EVERY political issue of the day, I wish they would focus more on delivery than getting involved in controversial political topics

Huge Firm that Requires you to find your place

Deloitte consulting has many different departments and if you enter at the entry level it can be difficult to steer yourself into a project you love. After 2 years I managed to network my way into a team I wanted to work with, but depending on the person this can take shorter or longer. Also I have heard many of my colleagues are returning to traveling full or part time so keep that in mind

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Good place to start your career

People you work with are smart, work can be interesting, but morale has generally been low due to poor work life balance and low compensation relative to peers.

Great place to start your career

This is a great place to start and grow your career early on. The people are wonderful, and the breadth of projects are both amazing and meaningful. Consulting culture is difficult, and there's little WLB balance.

Pros

The people, the work, the clients

Cons

low benefits, long hours, understaffed

It's ok

DC people are flashy, but at least they pay well. The benefits aren't bad either. Too bad the other workers with the government were total trolls. Ugh.

Good culture but loads of work and overtime

The culture that the company has is great as people are very welcoming and accepting towards interns / fresh graduates. However, there is a steep learning curve and long hours which comes with the job.

Amazing company

Company helps you grow and learn a lot. Extensive training and great opportunity to grown, learn and be an amazing professional. Best place to work and start your career

Jobs at Deloitte

See more jobs

Good place to start career

Very process driven. Partners expect 20% turnover ever year. Bit of a cut throat environment. Job is nearly 100% travel. Good benefits.

Pros

Lot of nice people

Cons

Some coworkers will do anything to get ahead.

Great company

Great leadership. Mentors are great asl well. Enjoyable part was hearing form great leaders. Deloitte did a great job preparing for covid and the internship process was smooth.

I have had overall good experience

I have had overall good experience. EOD it depends more on the project we get at Deloitte.Remote work Is also dependent on the client and project we work on.

Benefits

Cons

Work could be stressful at times

Good Work Environment

I enjoyed working at Deloitte. The people are really smart and there is a lot of opportunities. You can at times be trapped on certain engagements which can be frustrating

Over worked and under paid

No one cares about your wellness or loyalty at the company. They work you to death and treat you like a number. It takes along time to move up in the company salary wise.

Pros

Maternity leave

Cons

Overworked and under paid

Fun place to work

Good work life balance, good incentives, only problem is promotion cycle. They take a lot of time to promote. No micromanagement. less onsite. good hikes

Pros

Work life balance, team outing

Cons

firm initiatibe

Loved it. Great people, great pay, and great upward growth opportunities. I would have stayed longer if law hadn't called me to change carriers. I still think about going back.

Long hours but you learn alot.

Good place to get your career started. Pay is decent but hours are long. Management tries to work with you but ultimately the job needs to get done. My coworkers were nice and there are some flexibilities to get your work done.

Good experience

Good experience, challenging assignments, opportunity to get involved in a lot of different areas and tasks, global presence allowing for easy access to information regarding foreign markets

Good workplace for the most part

Deloitte is a great place to work as someone else has said if you already understand the way the Big 4 work. Coming from a smaller technical company more focused on a particular section it can be a horrible/jarring experience.There's a lot of prerequisites related to reporting and compliance that may be unusual to you. The work environment at least for a Developer can be very tough and unrealistic depending on your project. As a friend of mine said if you're on the right project and ok with just working on cruise control you'll be fine. If you want a sense of purpose and meaning in your work maybe not.I personally felt that I was thrown into a fire with no way to survive besides brute force. My particular project was disorganized and management felt like they were working against us with the drive to do things we couldn't possibly get done being understaffed.

Great workplace and culture

I've been at this firm for nearly seven years and have learned a tremendous amount in every role I've earned. Smart people and challenging work; this type-A, high-functioning culture is not for everyone. I'm actually really happy with my job.

Pros

Great health benefits

Cons

Hard to get promoted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5K
3.9K
1.9K

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

71%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss