Delphi Packard Electric Employee Reviews

great job with union benefits
Machine Repairman (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMarch 9, 2018
high paying job with great benefits, union environment

steady work - ability to learn new skills and earn journeyman status

has down-sized to almost skeleton crew with rumors of closing
competitive work environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shanghai City, ILFebruary 19, 2018
advanced finanial report with detail items
Key metrics to work
well forecast and budget for next year
challenge work with high pressure
good benefit and insurance for the employees
Pros
good benefits
Cons
high pressure
Lead Designer (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHFebruary 14, 2018
Very good place to work and meet many people. Management was good and easy to approach and discuss issues that were pressing and always gave answers or would look to find the answers to these issues
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Union
If you are not the favorite - move on
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 30, 2017
The hardest part of the job was the ergonomics. It was very hard on your body. Only a few employees made life difficult for the rest of the people. The bosses tend to befriend certain employees and show favoritism.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
no breaks only lunch and cutthroat employees
working the machine
CV operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 10, 2017
I was a machine operator that made copper wire for the cars. I made sure the wiring would coat and sometimes I had small machine repair it wasn't a hard task
Pros
sit down time while the machine ran
Cons
bad wiring
Delphi Packard Electric-Factory Work
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSNovember 2, 2017
I enjoyed working for Delphi Packard Electric System. Worked many years for automotive factory. Worked in many different department for a very long time. I got alone with the management and my coworkers. I worked on machine, did crib attendant check inventory work, Input inventory into the computer, stock parts in cabinets, maintained a functional and efficient recording and filing system of records. I loved my job at Delphi Packard. The job went out of business in 2010.
Pros
Good paying job with lots of benefits
Cons
Job went out of business
People helped other people.
Assembly Worker/Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 1, 2017
I learn how to do different things running the boards. The hardest part for me is leaving the job and when we had to take a buy out. I also learn which harness went to which car, truck.
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Great place to work at, everybody got along great and always willing to help each other out. Great benefits and pay is good, Can somewhat be fast pace at times, but nothing major.
Great people
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHAugust 20, 2017
Great people, unfortunately, the company is losing press lines, which are mostly moving to Mexico. Lots of overtime available for those who wish it. Would love for more press lines to come in to the pant.
Pros
Great people
Cons
worry of plant closing
Senior Design Project
Senior Design Project (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHAugust 5, 2017
I worked closely with Delphi Process Engineers and my senior design team to develop a aluminum butt welding process over the course of my senior year.

Want to know more about Delphi Packard Electric?

Ask a question
No opinion
Courier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 24, 2017
Company failed to live up to the commitment it made to its salaried employees when it entered bankruptcy .

It was a good place to work, but should hired more minorities in management positions.
Packard, over all was a great place to work, benefits were great and the salary fair as well.
Production Control (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 21, 2017
Started at 7:00 am and made all labels needed for plant's distribution. Attended staff meeting at 8:00 and reviewed needs for the day to keep plant up and running. Ordered parts to keep final assembly running. Ensured all final assembly products were on trucks to customers.The best part of the job was to meet customers demand for the day and that the parts were indeed on our trucks for shipment to customers. The hardest part at times was that the plant could not meet the customers demand and that the plant missed deadlines due to not getting parts made fast enough to ensure delivery.
Pros
Lunch was optional on when to take it and some hours were flexible
Cons
I had to rely on other components to get my job done, including other people.
Team working environment with ok canteen
METHOD AND PRE-PLANNING ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Novi SadJuly 9, 2017
Since I am working there and I am biased I will tell only the best things about this company.
People in engineering are nice to work with, always willing to help.
Working there I learned how to adapt to changes, to work in fast paced environment and that communication is the key factor of any success.
Pros
Canteen is ok
Cons
Overtime
Strong organization
Production and Planning General Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nuevo LaredoMay 14, 2017
There was a strong organization. Daily meeting to discuss key activities and prioritize activities,
I like to review the long forecast plan to assure all department were aligned to same numbers
Laid back work enviroment with easy work duties
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSFebruary 21, 2017
Great company as far as work duties and employees. Hands-on work that challenges you to be at the top of your game. Great benefits as a company employee
Pros
Great work atmoshpere
Cons
Job security
awesome company to work for
Material handler (Current Employee) –  Warren, OH 44486December 4, 2016
its a family ran company two days training and I was off and running on my own with a little help for a gps went around doing maintenance calls for vending machine on ocation had to fill in for a driver to fill them but over all it was an awesome job
Manufacturing Supervisor
Manufacturing / Process Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, OhioNovember 13, 2016
World Class Automotive wiring and components supplier to GM and other various automotive assembly plants. Manufacturing and Engineering positions are dynamic and all focus is placed on exceeding customer expectations and reliability. A willingness , and/ or ability to relocate is a definite plus, and will hasten advancement opportunities within the corporation.
Pros
Excellent Engineering, compensation, benefits.
Cons
Salaried Employees may need to relocate, often internationally.
Physically hard but not a stressful job
Machine Operator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 16, 2016
Management were our biggest problems. The jobs were relatively easy and you were able to self manage your time and production as long as were able to reach output goals.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
management
Decent Place
Technician (Former Employee) –  WarrenJuly 9, 2016
Pay is a little below average, but work load is light. Benefits are good once you have been in for 5 years plus. There is a huge amount of favoritism with union and management relatives. Call it nepotism or the buddy system.
Pros
Lots of down time and breaks
Cons
Poor management
Ex employee
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMay 12, 2016
I was employed at Delphi from 1999-2006. Sadly had to leave due to taking the buyout. Easiest job employer to work for. There was not ONE day in my SEVEN years of employment did I ever feel like I went to work. What got on my last nerve were the spoiled brats who worked there for decades and never had any other job. They felt that Delphi was actual "work". My average work hour days were 4 hours. I would make rate in 4 hours every day. Secondly, when I finally landed an office job, it was even EASIER yet. I literally had to FIND things to do. I would spend HOURS on the computer surfing the web and doing my college homework. The pay sucked for me though. Only people that earned decent salaries were hired prior to 1995.
Pros
Easy work, fun atmosphere
Cons
Pay, job security