Delphi Technologies Employee Reviews

Small Company / Big Dreams
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 16, 2018
When a single owner and a small group comprised of a management team, it has the potential of going either really good or really bad,

My time there experienced both of these. I would have to say ultimately, it went bad, since I left.
challenging
Validation technician (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INOctober 25, 2018
Work was challenging but rewarding. Skills at multitasking was helpful. Group of co-workers were team oriented and was always looking to help others succeed.
Interestin place to work
North America Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 20, 2018
Company spun-off a year ago, still dealing with new management, new ways of working, some Management with lack of interest about direct reports needs, problems,in a few words, careless about what is going on beneath them, not even think about having opportunity to be promoted or trained.
Great 1st job
Lean Manufacturing Leader (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHOctober 7, 2018
Delphi was my 1st job out of college. I was given the opportunity to work with many different departments as an Industrial Engineer. I worked with some great engineers while employed.
Poor management of contracted employees
Current Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 16, 2018
I took a job here straight out of college as a contracted current product engineer for considerably less money than I would like; this was mainly because I didn't have an internship under my belt, and was more interested in gaining experience than making money right away.
It turns out that not only was I hired through a staffing agency, there was another entity in between me and the staffing agency, effectively skimming my pay. I was told there would be opportunities for direct hiring and benefits, and I had been repeatedly strung along told that this was an inevitability. Unfortunately my actual boss at the company works in a separate building, manages dozens of other employees, and has never once had a conversation with me about my job performance or his expectations.
He extended my contract instead of hiring me directly, without telling me about it. He didn't explain why. He didn't provide objective metrics. He denied what other people told me about my direct hire prospects, even though those people were relaying what he said.
Pros
Casual dress code
Cons
Poor management
Engineering
Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 3, 2018
Engineering at Delphi Technologies is core to the continuation of the company. Engineers are mostly well respected and have the resources to get the job done. Engineering Managers are often Engineers and have considerable knowledge of the areas that they are managing.

As a most companies, managers ability to work with others are mixed. While most managers have been very good, I have met some bad managers having terrible skillls with employees.
Pros
Engineering focus, resources to do the job
Cons
Uncertain quality of Managers, frequent travel
Not great
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 21, 2018
Not enough room for advancement. Management needs better communication style. To many mandated overtime hours. People are of average temperament, but very unmotivated.
Pros
Few
Cons
Plenty
Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJuly 24, 2018
Encourages formal education as well as on the job training. Great teamwork environment. Strong continuous improvement focus. They have embraced a strong quality ethic.
Delphi Changed to Aptiv and I had left before the change so not sure how good it is now.
Senior Business Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 16, 2018
I worked in many different finance positions at Delphi and it did provide a great overview of business condition of the unit as well as overall company. Since Delphi had become Aptiv now, I'm not sure how much it has changed.
unorganized
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INJune 27, 2018
long days and nights, rate up n downs, hard tedious work, hardest part of the job was shrinkage .running the line short staffed and attitudes high , physically demanding
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
forced schedule changes
Working as a contractor from L&T technology Services
System Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INMay 8, 2018
Good to work here but not as a contractor.
Typical at work includes analysis of issues from Volvo and providing solution to it.
Electric vehicle working priciples
Delphi
Senior Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 1, 2018
My experience in the Automotive Components Manufacturing industry has been interesting.Prior to Delphi, we were all a part of General Motors Corporation.
Automotive Mfg facility with hundreds of employees
Prouction Readiness Leader, Eng Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INApril 19, 2018
Have always enjoyed working for Delphi both as a contractor and an employee. My days vary which is nice. Sometimes I need to be at the computer, I often help find, pack and ship various parts, I assist on lines as needed. I provide training, analysis, reporting and motivation. I enjoy working with my hands, learning new prototypes and reading prints to learn about parts. I work with all levels of employees including Plant Manager, supervisors, operators, maintenance, engineering.
Pros
Benefits, variety of work
Cons
No sense of advancement potential, ignored
Potential Greatness
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 13, 2018
The management is antiquated. Their objective is not to groom and grow subordinates. It is to do things their way. My manager was very deceptive and not engaged. There is a racist culture permeating the company. There is an old boy Caucasian culture. There are a few other races, but not in power.
Pros
Educated co-workers
Cons
Closed minded and old fashioned management
Lack of direction makes it for a very stressful job
GLOBAL FP&A FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 15, 2018
Self explanatory.

Seems to be getting better though as some new managers are being brought into the company.

Lack of communication between departments/teams makes it a bit difficult to work as well.
Great Job
Lawn Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJanuary 24, 2018
Mowing the grass, working outside is a very relaxed job. Get to enjoy being outdoors along with seeing the finished product after mowing provides a feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Outdoors, picking your work schedule.
Cons
Hot in the summer.
Clean temp controlled
Skilled Trades Supervisor (Plants 9 and 20) (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJanuary 19, 2018
Good place to work had opportunity to travel to other plants. Learned battery building operations. Management was undecided plant did close. Culture was good.

Not knowing when job was going to end

Travel was enjoyable to georgia battery plant
Pros
na
Cons
na
Terrible place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kokomo IndianaJanuary 19, 2018
Always in chaos. Required people to work every weekend with very little compassion for your family life. The Operations Manager was extremely poor in dealing with people.they made it mandatory to work on the weekends, only to run out of components on Monday. There is too much favoritism and management seems to lean towards younger people in the workforce. Definitely would not recommend this place to work if you have a family.
Pros
Nothing really.
Cons
Treated unfairly. Poor management.
Alot of turnover and required working every weekend
Quality inspection (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 28, 2017
clean and semi-friendly environment. No room for advancement and the management is not compassionate. Management does not concern themselves with physical of their employees. They only care about money and production. Needless to say they have a very high turnover rate because of the lack of compassion to allow employees to work at least every other weekend on a volunteer basis. They demand your time and will seek to fire you based on a point system.
Pros
plenty of work.
Cons
work every weekend
Great Opportunities
Business Planning (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 11, 2017
At Delphi there are opportunities available at Corporate HQ or within the several business units to gain many different experiences and learn about all aspects of the business