Delray Medical Center Employee Reviews

Trauma
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLApril 19, 2019
The team is very professional and provides a great environment for learning. Everyone works together as a team to accomplish the overall goals which is patient care
Chief Strategy Officer (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLApril 19, 2019
This organization is committed to its employees and patients. Patients experiences, safety and overall outcome is priority to the organization. DMC stands by its mission and provided outstanding service to its community.
Pros
Benefits/Leadership/workplace environment
Worked in maintenance department. Safety does not exist and they do not care about your ideas.
Maintenance department (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLApril 5, 2019
If you like to be a "yes" man, this is your job. Pay is not good and neither is pay raises. Would be a decent job for someone at the end of their career, no advancement so don't expect it if you take the job.
Pros
Healthcare and dental reasonable
Cons
Micromanagement
Great place to grow
PCT/Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLApril 4, 2019
I started in one position and I was able to learn and take classes paid by the company to grow into another position. Offered multiple classes to learn new skills.
Environmental
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMarch 20, 2019
Well I think management should be changed completely
Everyday i came to work I was miserable. No supplies to do my job and I had to ask almost everyday and I was a hour or two behind everyday
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Difficult in almost every way
Cardiac Sonography (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMarch 13, 2019
The hospital as a whole is great for experience and learning. But once you get into the particular departments, you find the problems start from the top down.
In the Imaging department, specifically Echo, problems with scheduling of procedures, to the management of the entire department of Imaging, to back-biting sonographers lead to a very unhappy and toxic environment.
If the woman at the top of the Imaging department actually knew what ECHO entails, it might help. Then again, it's all about productivity and numbers, no matter the cost.
Pros
Lots of procedures, Er, OR and pathologies to see
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work
Certified Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMarch 13, 2019
Fun place to work. I enjoyed my co-workers and management was very proactive and helpful. The benefits were great and the staff was extremely engaging.
Management sadly lacking in leadership skills
Medical Director of Services (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMarch 3, 2019
The work itself is challenging and also rewarding. The staff and peer culture is friendly for the most part. The management piece is the difficult part. There is very little structure and the managers harass some staff members and favor others. The reporting system is seriously flawed. They have Practitioners with advanced degrees in what they refer to as a service line reporting to lower degree carrying RNs. Its really not professional and borderline not legal. The hardest part of the job is watching staff struggle with low staffing ratios and hours of documenting that takes them from the bedside. Patients stay in bed for hours all day because there is very little ancillary help. If the bonus structure was not so focused on staying in budget for the directors, perhaps they would focus more on staffing and patient care. The directors at DMC also have a bullying mentality that seems to be across the board on a lot of units. If the staff is expected to be professional and kind to their patients, then shouldnt the directors demonstrate that same behavior to their staff?
Pros
training opps
Cons
poor leadership
Tough place
RN (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2019
This is a tough hospital to cut your teeth on. There's probably a reason almost all units here are always hiring. Clinical directors of the units I and colleagues worked on were mostly absent, which meant that if you had a good team working on your unit, it was great, but if you had a bad apples on your team, you were probably going to get thrown under the bus at some point. The new clinical supervisor on my unit wrote all floor staff up in her first week so that none of us could transfer off her unit for the next 6 months. Poor staffing, and always severe understaffing when it comes to nursing support (usually 0-1 nurse assistant for 20-30 total care patients on night shift when nurses have assignments of 8 total care patients).

Administrative dysfunction and profit before patients rules here
Pros
Some incredible nurses and nurse assistants work here. On the good units, the teamwork is incredible. It has to be to get through the night!
Cons
most of the amazing staff doesn't last. Burn out is high
overall good experience
CNA, Unit Secretary, Neuro Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Worked as a CNA hardest thing for me was having too many patients but loved my coworkers. I did gain experience that I brought with me to nursing school and I am now a RN
Work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLDecember 21, 2018
The work place is doable, you are able to learn drugs and fill according, help assist the nurses with there need. Deliver the medications to them or place in the medication room. Do IVs upon request and run Stat orders to specific units.
Workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLDecember 18, 2018
As far as the cardiac telemetry floor (also medical telemetry and nuero telemetry), they give nurses 8 patients at night and 6 in the day time. On the day shift, the only concern is how fast you can discharge the patient on day shift and how fast they can slam you with another one, more so than not. Durning nightshift, you will get up to 8 patients more night than not. They train their brand new nurse for only 2 months (2-3 shifts a week) and expect that you are ready by the end. The training is a joke and they barely invest in the training. Nurse are not well equip whatsoever in their training programs. Also nurses barely get a break, you are lucky if you do, and even if you do, you are bombarded with phone calls. The phone rings on average at least 40-50 times durning your 12 hour shift. The amount of work they place on the nurse is unreal, furthermore the floor is so disorganized nurse do not have the supplies they need to complete their work accordingly blood pressure machines are hard to come by, accu-check machines, gauze, ink for the printer. It can take you ten minutes just to find the above. This place is a mess, save yourself the trouble, at the expense of YOUR license and look elsewhere. The big phrase on the floor is "if you do nursing here, you can do it anywhere." That is not something to be proud of. It is highly stressful and unsafe at YOUR expense. Lastly, the turn over rate on the floor is at an all time high because nurses are dying to get off that floor. All new graduate nurses are on nightshift and a very few experienced nurses on day shift. Also, the new  more... nurses contracts are for 3 years, why would this be so extensive? Because they are unable to keep their nurses. The morale is low on the floor and very poor management as well. Good lucky delegating too, nurses care a very heavy burden there. I would say, they more drive the nurses there as slaves more than invest in them with recognition for the hard work that they do. Not worth the stress for any amount of money. The most enjoyable is your nurse co-workers.  less
Pros
co-workers
Cons
high, unsafe patient ratio
Great Co-workers
Clinical Documentation Specialist Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Delray medical CenterDecember 14, 2018
DMC is a great hospital to work at, due the the wonderful co-workers and immediate management. I have been able to expand my knowledge beyond the bedside without changing employers! Enjoyed my co-workers, staff and Director. Hardest part -leaving. Workplace culture was diverse but yet a big family -:) I'm not quite sure if there's a "typical day " in healthcare, but you go with the flow, be flexible, courteous and responsible! Learning something new is always a good day :-)
Pros
Co-workers!
Cons
Not sure
Great, family environment!
Administrative Director of Specialty Services (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FL 33484October 8, 2018
Great culture; great people. Really enjoyed the challenges and multiple departments that I had the pleasure of overseeing. I'm very proud of the work and relationships that I achieved.
Delray
Registered Nurse- ACU (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLOctober 6, 2018
For the most part my experience has been positive, many recent changes to improve patient satisfaction. Working in the ACU dept has improved my IV , pre-op testing skills
Na
Patient Access Representative III (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLOctober 1, 2018
Can be very stressful with shortage of staff. Over-time is not available in stead they flex your hours which can inconvenience your home life. Always having to do more than you get paid and not rewarded.
too much favoritism
CPhT and RPhT (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 1, 2018
they expect some to work harder than others, while the others get away with everything. It's an ok place to work. new management is all about favoritism.
Pros
working the evening and weekends so you don't have to deal with management
Cons
too much favoritism for nurses and not the pharmacy department, quick to throw you under the bus.
Good exposure
Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 16, 2018
great place to learn and see a lot of acuity's

Patient care is difficult as it is a demanding environment.

Management is involved and on the units available to help but still big hospital corporation, focused on business and numbers instead of healthcare.
Hard job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 13, 2018
Be ready to work hard... under paid for what you do. Need to compensate your employees more. Felt alittle abuse by the work conditions. Not enough people to help.
Pct
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 10, 2018
I loved the way my co workers made it feel like a family environment. We worked 12 hour shifts and yes we deal with all types of people dealing with different medical issues. Yes it was difficult at times but we always pulled together and made the impossible possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delray Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Delray Medical Center Reviews by Location