Delta Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 1,589 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
We’ve been connecting people since our first passenger flight in 1929. Since then, we’ve been steadily climbing toward our goal of being the world’s best airline. We serve more worldwide destinations than any other airline, we’ve added more international capacity than all other major U.S. airlines combined, and we’re the leader in trans-Atlantic flights.
We’re guided by the belief that connecting the world is the most important work there is. That our purpose is to erase the distance that separates us. And that the farther we go, the closer we land.
Mission: To connect different cultures, backgrounds, and ideas to lift up our communities, our colleagues, and our customers.
You’re seeing all 448 jobs at Delta because we can’t find any available jobs at Delta close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 3.4K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Production & Manufacturing
Employees at Delta have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
A career and company you'll never want to leave. The first thing you'll learn is that the people you're working with are not your co-workers but your family.
What is the best part of working at the company? Nothing besides the flight benefits on stand by is retarted. What is the most stressful part about working at the company? Looking for parking near the airport. What is the work environment and culture like at the company? It was okey but the upper management are idiots cause they have time there. What is a typical day like for you at the company? Marshaling the plane and baggage for decades.
As a baggage handler/ ramp operator, all you basically do is load and unload passenger's bags, cargo, freight, mail from the to and from the aircraft. Physical work but easy once you get the hand of the work and procedures. Safety is the number one priority. The weather environment can be harsh, it depends where you work. Work culture is good as we demonstrate teamwork.
Team lead. Pretty easy job. Must relocate for opportunities to progress in your career. Overall a simple job. One should not expect more than an alright pay with a good family environment.
Delta is a good company overall. Like any company not everything is perfect and there's room for improvement. The more senior you get the better the pay but even starting out it is a livable income. You won't be home much especially starting out but it's an airline. If being home is important the airline industry isn't for you. Overall the love of flying has to be in your blood or you probably won't last long. ✈️
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 373 questions about working at Delta. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Delta employees.
Insights from 885 Indeed users who have interviewed with Delta within the last 5 years.
Why do you want to become a flight attendant?
background, school, character
Customer service experience. Willing to relocate. Conflict resolution.
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.