Delta Career Education Corporation Employee Reviews

Delta Career Education
Business, Management & IT Program Director/Lead (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 4, 2018
The company cares deeply about the employees and the students. they call the students when they don't show up to make sure everything is going well with them.
Doing its best in very difficult circumstances.
Staff (Former Employee) –  VAFebruary 21, 2018
The company had to navigate for a long time in very difficult circumstances. Given those circumstances, the company's leadership did well to maintain the work environment.
New management made a huge difference
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 18, 2018
I see a lot of bad reviews on here and I don't know why. I am a current employee in the admissions department. I know that managers can make all the difference in the world, and now that we have all New management things are great. Employees are treated with respect, it's a relaxed and friendly work environment, everyone tries to help the students as best as possible, accommodating schedule options, great pay with lots of available, but not required, OT. It's true they don't give raises, and even when promoted the raises are insignificant, but when you can work as much OT as you want, it can be irrelevant. If you're looking for a career you can be comfortable staying at long term, and not have to deal with a stressful work environment, this is a great company.
Pros
Job security, decent pay, helpful management
Cons
Training isn't given, benefits are pricey, no raises
Ok to work for DCEC
Regional Director of Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 28, 2017
They promote within and encourage employees to be their best. Had opportunity to be in leadership training and enjoyed working with students and staff.
No Raises in 4 years I've been there
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 12, 2017
Like I said, no raises ever. Very cheap, investors don't value keeping employees. Typical hedge fund. If you need a job, then go for it. But it's not a long term career.
Pros
Cons
Lack of financial appreciation
Work hard aqnd be rewarded
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 29, 2017
Show up on time, do your job and good things will happen. Was given a chance at a Human Resources position with no experience and thrived. One of the best jobs I've ever had. The company is being bought and I have no idea if my position will be needed in the new company.
stressful environment but great lower level management
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 13, 2017
Recruit students by means of Web inquires, in person, via telephone, etc. Consult with prospects from all sources to encourage program participation and graduation.
benefits
Cons
stressful environment
Highly competitive
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 27, 2017
Goals were very aggressive and changes were frequent. Hard workers could make gals and advance their career. If I didn't desire to relocate, I would have never left.
Pros
growth opportunities for hard workers
Cons
insurance is expensive
Excellent work place and team work
Manager (Current Employee) –  MonroeOctober 21, 2017
Team got your back and excellent collaboration in professional meeting. Has a great desire in teaching and working with student to improve their knowledge and academic growth.
Pros
Traveling expense
Cons
Benefit are great
Run as far away as you can get!
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 27, 2017
Management at this company doesn't know what the truth is. They lie and manipulate. They could care less about you and have contempt for the students and that will fall on you. Working for them will damage your teaching resume.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Run run run!!!
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 16, 2017
Worst place ever to work! Campus director is a joke. She is a control deal that micromanaged and only wants the money. Campuses are closing and lost accreditation. Lies to students for the money and preys on title IV funding.
Bad place to work at.
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 12, 2017
They just lost their title IV ..and they lost another 7 schools that are closing. They are about getting money they don't care about the students. They micromanage even to use the restroom.
Pros
Start early ...leave early
Cons
Short breaks.
Productive place to work
Marketing Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 8, 2017
Delta is great higher education organization focused on bettering the lives of it's students. As an employee it was rewarding to know that we were having a positive impact in the lives of our students and their families.
Not sure...
Director of Something (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 4, 2017
There is a serious lack of responsibility on the part of the CEO. He has mismanaged the company to financial ruin. His leadership style is one of fear with motivation tactics that include shaming employees.
Sinking Ship
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 30, 2017
There is nothing good to say other than decent pay. However, there are no raises and the working conditions are like a sweat-shop. I'm not sure there is enough pay to justify this treatment of employees. My manager was never happy with anyone's performance and this was likely due to pressures from above and lack of education and leadership.
Pros
Pay
Cons
no raises, uneducated managers running a college, wasteful spending
Avoid at all costs
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 24, 2017
Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. So glad that I finally got out of there. Worst decision I made was to accept a position within a company that does not know how to function nor treat people right.
Management is terrible
Financial Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 18, 2017
Run away fast!!!!! Everything from Management to process in a whole is terrible. There is no campus structure and that is probably the people that are hired in management positions do not know how to manage let alone do the job required in the departments. There is no proper leadership on campus and to much back stabbing and throwing under the bus. No one takes ownership of issues INCLUDING management.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Everything else!
Great place to work as staff are treated with respect.
Telecom Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 27, 2017
Answering calls and working within the Salesforce program to open and close tickets. I work on our phones assisting and providing a seamless work between I.T and the customer / users. Assist in configuring Cisco switches, routers, ASA's and implementing scripts to update our network. I also work with other departments to assist with their overflow of trouble tickets when needed. I deal with printer, fax machines and POTs lines and I work with Cisco / Sprint to resolve issues within our Voip system.
Pros
Great Compnay
Adjunct Work is Good Here
BUSINESS INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 25, 2017
While adjuncts aren't "well" paid, the pay is at least something a part-time adjunct can live with, especially since Delta moved their classes to 5-week modules. The pay did not change going from 12-weeks to 5 weeks, however, some of the "allowable" hours changed. Overall, being an adjunct is good as you get to select the classes you want (based on availability) and do not have to be on campus except during actual class time.
Pros
Flexibility; Help students; Be a positive influence
Cons
Pay; lack of available hours for adjuncts
nice place to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 25, 2017
Training can be better but it is a fun place to work, Work is student focused and if you do your job (which is NOT difficult) Management does what ever it can to accommodate employees needs. I was very happy working there, I made great friends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Career Education Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5