Delta Career Education Corporation Employee Review

View all Delta Career Education Corporation reviews

Sold a dream of good job
admission rep (Former Employee) –  hazleton paFebruary 3, 2014
I worked in a small town in PA, for a career school, that was so poorly run, the school was depressing, The "training" was horrible, the work day was terrible...they gave me a list 100 names to call and harass poor people after they scream " LEAVE ME ALONE" for the millionth time that day ( since I was required to call the same person three times a day). The school was in a terrible location, overpriced and not worth the high price the students had to pay...and they saw that. Which is why, meeting goals was almost impossible. DELTA is always hiring for ADMISSION reps/ sales people. Because that is what I was, a cold caller...selling a school to students. Make 100 calls a day, get them to visit the school, convince them they need to "change their life", then close the sale. Meet the quotas...or you are fired..period. No matter how long you work there, how much effort you put in, how much " sales inspiration" they feed you...simply put....you do not meet the numbers you will be fired. I suppose it depends on the location in which you live, whether or not this job is worth your time. I lived in a small town with a lot of poverty stricken people....perhaps this position works better in a better location....but I would say know what you are getting in to...
Pros
salary was ok to start
Cons
sell sell sell...or else...they fire everyone

Other Delta Career Education Corporation Employee Reviews

Doing its best in very difficult circumstances.
Staff (Former Employee) –  VAFebruary 21, 2018
The company had to navigate for a long time in very difficult circumstances. Given those circumstances, the company's leadership did well to maintain the work environment.
New management made a huge difference
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 18, 2018
I see a lot of bad reviews on here and I don't know why. I am a current employee in the admissions department. I know that managers can make all the difference in the world, and now that we have all New management things are great. Employees are treated with respect, it's a relaxed and friendly work environment, everyone tries to help the students as best as possible, accommodating schedule options, great pay with lots of available, but not required, OT. It's true they don't give raises, and even when promoted the raises are insignificant, but when you can work as much OT as you want, it can be irrelevant. If you're looking for a career you can be comfortable staying at long term, and not have to deal with a stressful work environment, this is a great company.
Pros
Job security, decent pay, helpful management
Cons
Training isn't given, benefits are pricey, no raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Career Education Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5