Delta Career Education Corporation Employee Review

View all Delta Career Education Corporation reviews

Poor Management- Discouraged Employees
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  PAMay 12, 2014
I have to say that I never understood why the media was so negative towards the for-profit education industry until I started working at Delta. I can only speak for my campus (PA) but the staff barely comes to work, managers cut out after 25 hours and they fake their time sheets to be paid for 40 hours. Most of the day is consumed with belittling students and doing as little as possible. Program chairs fake paperwork so that they do not have to actually follow up with students and employers. I am confident that if the DOE knew what was happening on campus, it would be shut down.
The worst part is that my boss has tried to fix some of the problems and is only met with resistance. She brings the illegal activity to the senior management's attention only to be shooed away and drowned with promises of eventual fixes that never materialize.
As soon as I figured it out, I applied for and thankfully found employment elsewhere.
Pros
No effort or skill required to keep your job
Cons
Knowing students are not being given the tools needed to succeed

Other Delta Career Education Corporation Employee Reviews

Doing its best in very difficult circumstances.
Staff (Former Employee) –  VAFebruary 21, 2018
The company had to navigate for a long time in very difficult circumstances. Given those circumstances, the company's leadership did well to maintain the work environment.
New management made a huge difference
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 18, 2018
I see a lot of bad reviews on here and I don't know why. I am a current employee in the admissions department. I know that managers can make all the difference in the world, and now that we have all New management things are great. Employees are treated with respect, it's a relaxed and friendly work environment, everyone tries to help the students as best as possible, accommodating schedule options, great pay with lots of available, but not required, OT. It's true they don't give raises, and even when promoted the raises are insignificant, but when you can work as much OT as you want, it can be irrelevant. If you're looking for a career you can be comfortable staying at long term, and not have to deal with a stressful work environment, this is a great company.
Pros
Job security, decent pay, helpful management
Cons
Training isn't given, benefits are pricey, no raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Career Education Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5