Delta College Employee Reviews

Training facilitation and development (Current Employee) –  University Center, MIJune 26, 2018
Good place to work. Very professional environment. Support staff is very attentive to detail and management responds very quickly to "smooth out" any bumps in the road.
Fun and productive
Clerical/Scan Team (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 7, 2018
Very good experience loved it here was blessed with this summer job through being a part of a Christian group really enjoyed myself here. I do encourage whom ever would like to apply for this Job to do so in the Baton Rouge area....
Pros
Cons
short breaks
enough of this already
Chemistry Lab. Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIMay 29, 2018
stop requiring people to fill out stuff they dont need to to access your service this is a joke and a waste of our time besides if its a joke its a waste of data to put this here.
good
Uitlities (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 24, 2018
loved working at delta college great boss excellent co worker.loved ever thing a bout it. enjoyed ever day at work. learned alot.wouldnt mind doing it again.
good
Cons
Excellent benefit package with paid tuition
Financial Aid Office Professional (Current Employee) –  University Center, MIMay 21, 2018
Delta is a great place to work with an excellent benefit package. The tuition waiver program is available to employees and their families. People who work at Delta generally retire from Delta.
Pros
Tuition Waiver
An excellent place to teach and fullfill my dreams, goals and ambitions.
Professor of Philosophy (Current Employee) –  University Center, MIMay 7, 2018
Classes are full, 25 students and my work load is about 17 credits or 6 classes. We are paid well but I earn every penney with grading essays in philosophy or grading Logic tests.

I like the freedom to choose my textbooks, course content, etc., so long as it meets the course objectives.

I enjoy my colleagues, the shared governance and my students who are trying to educate themselves for a better life.

I've been able to fullfill my dream of teaching Philosophy to introductory students at Delta College. It's been great most of the time.
Pros
Academic freedome
Cons
Heavy quantity grading due to having 100+ students
Great Pay
Associate Professor of English (Current Employee) –  University Center, MIApril 4, 2018
I have been tenured at Delta, and I love the faculty and support staff that I work with. The area is fascinating for people not from the GLBR. Definitely visit.
Fair place to work
Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  University Center, MIMarch 20, 2018
I've worked at Delta College for 16, and I've loved almost every minute of it. It's close to home, and I enjoy the safe work environment. I appreciate and respect the culture that Delta presents to the staff, students, and community.
Ceramic Lab Tech
Ceramic/Sculpture Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIMarch 6, 2018
I cleaned and organized the ceramic lab, helped students with projects, loaded and unloaded the kiln, and was able to work on my own ceramic projects.
Pros
Access to clay and kilns.
Cons
Student job only
Work hard and move one
Financial Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2018
The work can be repetitive but still can be fulfilling. I loved my manager and the team members I worked directly with. When the company got taken over we lost all accrued PTO.
Great Place to Be
COUNSELING/CAREER ADVISING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  University Center, MIFebruary 12, 2018
It is an open and accepting atmosphere. The staff and faculty are all professionals and are always willing to give a pep talk to a newbie in training.
Pros
Work around your schedule
Great Working Environment
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  University Center, MIJanuary 4, 2018
I have been an adjunct instructor at Delta since 2009 and feel the administration, support staff, and faculty have been welcoming, understanding and creates a culture of inclusion.
Great Workplace with good people, and great experience for myself
Internship (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIJanuary 1, 2018
I enjoyed working at Delta College Athletics. I was given daily tasks needed to be completed during the work-day. These ranged from looking at forms and website for spelling errors, to copying forms, to set up a record-keeping database of current and previous student-athletes. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people and always keeping busy. However, the hardest part of the job was to assist non-athletic concerns from summer students like them signing forms to play pool for minutes or hours.
Pros
Experience in College Athletics, Great Coworkers, Good Culture
Cons
Remember where forms for students to sign were
Admissions Rep
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 12, 2017
Connected with prospective students through lead based marketing.
Attending job fairs, set appointments, followed web inquires, and made introductory assessments of the new students. Also completed all on boarding paperwork and functions of new students.
Pros
Overtime every week
Cons
slow and boring sometimes.
New Social Science Dean Needed
Adjunct professor of sociology (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 9, 2017
Laid off after 18 years of service.The new Dean only hires his white friends and has little sensitivity for minority, military veteran, disabled or aged faculty.
Pros
Cons
Poor Dean
Communications Director (Current Employee) –  University Center, MINovember 16, 2017
I have worked here for nearly 27 years and it has been a good place to spend my career. I have reached retirement age and it is time to look for something else that will utilize my communications and other skills.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
No cons
Student worker position
Audio/Visual Assistant- Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 31, 2017
I was student worker in the AV department. Definitely over worked college students, hours were really low, pay was super low, and I often had to work alone.
Fun place to teach
Dental Assisting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 1, 2017
I loved the students and all the other instructors. Awesome place to pass on education. Very family friendly place. I only wish I was able to keep my job when I relocated to Baton Rouge.
Pros
paid lunches
Fun place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 23, 2017
It was nice working there and the environment was comfortable. Lots of smiles and people got along. Everyone did there job and got it done. I liked working there.
Good
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 9, 2017
I like working in office more learning experience like to file clean up around office was just a summer job for me so wasn't there long I like to file organize and learning new things is always a positive