Delta Dental Employee Reviews

Mail Clerk & Data Entry
Data Entry & Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2018
Processed all dental applications on computer
Sorted and delivered the mail

Working at Delta Dental was all right but the pay or benefits was not good
Pros
Employees
Cons
Pay and benefits
Working for the largest dental plan system was challenging and fun.
Sr. Regulatory Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PA 17055August 6, 2018
A typical work day in finance would vary depending on the time within the close cycle. Work place culture was professional but friendly with a willingness to work together for the common goals of the company.
Pros
Proactive leadership, excellent work environment, excellent benefits.
Cons
A company that lives it's mission
Underwriting Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 2, 2018
Delta Dental provided me ample opportunities to get involved in the community and with other non-profit organizations to help further the mission of improving the oral health of the communities we served. I was grateful for my time there.
Pros
Opportunity to work with other non-profits
Cons
Limited career pathing
temporary position
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 27, 2018
This was a temporary position that i accepted offer for to gain some experience in this field. It was a call center but was not fast paced. I hear it is a great place to work as a full-time permanent employee as they pay well and have great benefits.
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 19, 2018
This company is GREAT. the pay is GREAT. After working there for a long time you will get stressed. The benefits for the company is great and some of the staff is GREAT.
Easy work place.
Sales Assistant/Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Delta Dental of IdahoJuly 17, 2018
Good place to work if you are looking for work/life balance. If you’re looking for growth and good pay I would not recommend working there. Management is trying to improve the culture, which needs a lot of work. The overall feel of the office can be catty at time.
Overall has been an excellent experience in terms of job experience.
Customer Service Representative Level Two (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 16, 2018
Delta provides excellent benefits and a good salary however it needs a lot of improvements in terms of the contact center and claims processing. I have learned a lot and I am thankful for the opportunity.
I loved working with my Sale Executive and my clients.
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Delta Dental as their Account Manager in The Marketing Department. It was such a satisfying job. I extremly enjoyed working with Variety Accounts and loved explaing to my clients about our Dental Insurance Benefits.
Pros
Servicing my clients.
Cons
I wish I had more clients to service.
Delta Dental
Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 6, 2018
•My typical day at work is supervising a team of 6 people to perform reconciliations and ensure work is completed a timely manner and is accurate basis.
Conference call for escalated issues
Meeting the sales department for concerns
The culture is non stop though out the day
The hardest part of my job is for me to have a work life balance.
The most enjoyable part of my job is acquiring the knowledge.
Growing, changing company with excellent benefits and opportunity for growth
Sales (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 6, 2018
I have worked for Delta twice and enjoyed my time. The company is currently undergoing some time to "align" all regions. Before this started happening, I feel like there was more of a family atmosphere and more flexibility to attend to outside needs such as appointments, children's activities, etc, although they are still more flexible than a lot of companies. The benefits are extremely good and they offer other perks such as gyms on-site or reimbursement, tuition reimbursement and paid volunteer hours.
Pros
chance for advancement, great benefits, training
Cons
management may be in different location, no work from home option in some positions, while it's an option for others
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP - LEVEL 2 (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 1, 2018
I love working here. It's a great place to work with great people. And the management is superb. Chances for overtime and advancement (sometimes rather quickly).
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 29, 2018
Horrible - no work life balance.
There is also no organization in this company
You have benefits, yet no ability to think clearly to use them do to the fact that you are being worked until you can't think clearly.
No consistency.
work life
QA tester (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 24, 2018
free luch at time. People were really helpful and patient. I enjoyed working with the managers and others. I did not have anything bad to say about delta dental except being the fact that i worked in Harrisburg and it was small city
Delta Dental MI
Database Administrator/Architect (Former Employee) –  Data Warehouse EngineerJune 22, 2018
Good company to start. Not profit and has big budget for education. I met many very good people there. Main business is not IT and all projects were pretty slow.
ok place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 14, 2018
The job wasn't bad at all. it could be a little stressful at times. However, I was 1 of 75 temp employees, I stayed for 2 years without a raise or benefits. They just kept promising me a perm position and then another road block would just come up. I stayed at $13.00 for the duration of the job until I eventually found another position and moved on.
It was a fun place with seasonal traditions.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 10, 2018
I typical work day is pretty relaxed. What i learned from the job was to be a good listener and to be sympathetic to the customers because they did have a lot going on in there lives. Management were very helpful and patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it was a family based work place.
Pros
Some days they would provide lunches
Cons
no benefits
Benefits are fantastic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, ARJune 7, 2018
Working in a call center can be extremely stressful; however, working the call center for Delta Dental of Arkansas tends to be worth the stress and occasional chaos. I've learned how to maintain my composure under duress and also how to adapt my language to appropriately fit my audience. The management is hit or miss, but my direct supervisor is fantastic. The workplace culture is friendly and inviting, it's common to see senior leadership around the building and they're very approachable. The hardest part of the job is the stress and constantly feeling over-worked. The call center tends to feel like the most under-appreciated department. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you receive caller praise or find the solution to a claim or benefit problem that others overlooked.
Pros
Monthly company appreciation lunches, generous benefit package, biweekly treat days
Cons
Strict break schedule, short breaks, heavy call volume
if you don't get a union position, don't bother applying
Provider Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 6, 2018
they just layed off over 50 people to cut salary and save money in a different state. They let go workers who had been there for 20+ years, with so much experience, and didn't give them a chance at a new position.
Top Call Center
Shift bids
Opportunity for Advancement
Opportunity for great bonus
Great Place to Work~
Customer Service Representative Level II (Current Employee) –  ALpharetta GAMay 29, 2018
This is an excellent company to work for. No complaints. The only downside is the location. Alpharetta GA is a very far commute and the traffic will eventually run a toll on any human.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight