Delta Dental Employee Reviews

Low Morale Company
Claims Examiner II (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 23, 2018
Aside from having some of the best benefits in the insurance industry, this company has had too many upper and midlevel management changes that do not have the employees best interest. The atmosphere is "tolerable" at best . The possibility of advancement solely relies on favoritism and not capability. The morale is very low and most of this company's employees and midlevel management are extremely unprofessional. This company also does not have a true flexible schedule or the possibility of telecommuting.
benefits
Cons
pay, hours, management, atmosphere, too many clicks, not enough room for advancement
Great place to be empolyed
DELTACARE CLAIMS EXAMINER II (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 3, 2019
Typical day was processing orthodontic claims in queue making sure you accomplish your goals each day. Learning curb was processing Medicaid claims, which are different from day to day ordinary claims. Management could have been more opened about how the business it's self was going and where you ranked prior to any possible or previous lay offs. Workplace culture was great. There was nothing extremely hard about my position. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers.
Pros
Pay, benefits, healthcare
Cons
Interact about the buisness to empolyees
Going Downhill
Non-Profit Dental Insurance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 23, 2018
Used to be a great company to work for. However, the corporate climate has changed making it an extremely stressful place to be. The employees should not have to be on anxiety meds because work is making them feel like they're going to have a heart attack. Staff has been cut in many departments, leaving the remaining souls to pick up the slack that is impossible to accomplish. Demands on individuals has increased exponentially to the point where someone needs a reality check. The most senior management says they hear what the people in the trenches have to say, but they respond with platitudes and little action. Training is severely lacking. You get a week or so, then get thrown to the wolves; having to learn on the fly. The pay is fairly reasonable, and the benefits are good; the two highlights of working for Delta Dental.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Understaffed, not enough training, lack of empathy from the most senior management, extremely high stress levels
Mission-oriented, not-for-profit dental benefits provider
Vice President Marketing & Government Relations (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 12, 2018
Delta Dental companies offer group and individual dental benefit plans. Delta Dental companies are not-for-profit and they typically contribute significant funds to charitable dental care and oral health education causes. Since Delta Dental companies cannot offer stock options, they typically have generous benefit packages and competitive compensation.
Growing, changing company with excellent benefits and opportunity for growth
Sales (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 6, 2018
I have worked for Delta twice and enjoyed my time. The company is currently undergoing some time to "align" all regions. Before this started happening, I feel like there was more of a family atmosphere and more flexibility to attend to outside needs such as appointments, children's activities, etc, although they are still more flexible than a lot of companies. The benefits are extremely good and they offer other perks such as gyms on-site or reimbursement, tuition reimbursement and paid volunteer hours.
Pros
chance for advancement, great benefits, training
Cons
management may be in different location, no work from home option in some positions, while it's an option for others
Delta Dental MI- Farmington Hills
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 19, 2018
Overall this place is okay, not the best job ever. The benefits are good, health care , vision, 401k , PTO, paid holidays, free dental insurance. This is a union environment so the pay increases moved up very fast within your first year of employment, compared to other call centers they pay is decent. The office is clean and quite, however it is a inbound call center so you receive calls from providers and members all day, complaints, claims adjusting and more. They are really serious about ACW(After call work) time and adherence and you have to sit all day, quality who score your calls is very petty, mangers are so-so. Shifts bids happen every three months and you choose whats best for you and its according to seniority. Weekly pay and fun activities throughout the year. They promote with-in. Very short breaks, 3-15mins, which is clearly not enough time to eat, use the bathroom and clear your head. Would recommend for a cushion for finishing school, getting experience and move up within.
Pros
Benefits, pay increases, weekly pay
Cons
short breaks, sitting all day, providers calls
Benefits are fantastic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, ARJune 7, 2018
Working in a call center can be extremely stressful; however, working the call center for Delta Dental of Arkansas tends to be worth the stress and occasional chaos. I've learned how to maintain my composure under duress and also how to adapt my language to appropriately fit my audience. The management is hit or miss, but my direct supervisor is fantastic. The workplace culture is friendly and inviting, it's common to see senior leadership around the building and they're very approachable. The hardest part of the job is the stress and constantly feeling over-worked. The call center tends to feel like the most under-appreciated department. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you receive caller praise or find the solution to a claim or benefit problem that others overlooked.
Pros
Monthly company appreciation lunches, generous benefit package, biweekly treat days
Cons
Strict break schedule, short breaks, heavy call volume
Toxic environment
Organizational Effectiveness Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 29, 2018
Terrible place to work. Leadership doesn't reinforce or model company values. Everyone is out for their own benefit. If you ask someone who Delta Dental's customer is, you won't a consistent answer, most don't know.
benefits
Cons
culture and leadership
Loved it
Software Engineer, Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MISeptember 19, 2018
Delta Dental was a great place to work! Staff was friendly and helpful.
Management was easy to work with and for. The compensation and benefits were first class. The job had lots of perks and there was a lot of team unity throughout the company.
Pros
First Class Technology and workspace
Pros and Cons
Provider Network Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 11, 2018
I have learned a great deal at this company, however, there have been several periods of reorganization and employee upheaval, which has resulted in many lost jobs. I recommend only working here for a finite amount of time, especially if you are in the Dental Affairs division, as there isn’t really any job security.
Pros
Competitive salaries, good bonuses, remote positions available.
Cons
Work/life balance, employment instability, poor communication from executives and management.

Want to know more about Delta Dental?

Ask a question
Working for the largest dental plan system was challenging and fun.
Sr. Regulatory Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PA 17055August 6, 2018
A typical work day in finance would vary depending on the time within the close cycle. Work place culture was professional but friendly with a willingness to work together for the common goals of the company.
Pros
Proactive leadership, excellent work environment, excellent benefits.
Cons
Fun and friendly work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 8, 2018
I worked for Delta Dental for 14 years a very good place to work. Management and coworkers are work together as a team.

Felt like a second family. Very friendly environment.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Job in Rancho Cordova far drive
It was a fun place with seasonal traditions.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 10, 2018
I typical work day is pretty relaxed. What i learned from the job was to be a good listener and to be sympathetic to the customers because they did have a lot going on in there lives. Management were very helpful and patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it was a family based work place.
Pros
Some days they would provide lunches
Cons
no benefits
Bonus and Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 23, 2018
They have a great attendance policy. You would have to miss a full 80 hours of work before termination. They don't drug test. Excelling in the company is available but far few and in-between. The shifts really don't differ. When you come in you working 11-8. I think its GREAT because I'm not a morning person nor traffic. The travel to work is frustrating and long. They pay is 14.00 which is definitely lower than similar companies. However they're bonus structure is GREAT if your numbers are right which really isn't hard. They offer free dental and vision and possibly medical depending on what you choose. They match 401K. The actual benefits are ok, although the dental doesn't cover at 100% which is crazy cause we on the company. Theres MAD drama there but if you keep out of it you'll be fine. Supervisor are straight. Like i said, stay out the way. ITS THE VERY SAME THING EVERY DAY EVERY CALL. Lunches are 45 minutes and they have a different company who serves lunch every day BUT plan on spending 10$ a day. THEY NEED BETTER PAY!
Pros
Paid Benefits. Annual LARGE bonuses. Vacation Time.
Cons
Bad Schedules. Bad Supervisors. Bad Attitudes
ok place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 14, 2018
The job wasn't bad at all. it could be a little stressful at times. However, I was 1 of 75 temp employees, I stayed for 2 years without a raise or benefits. They just kept promising me a perm position and then another road block would just come up. I stayed at $13.00 for the duration of the job until I eventually found another position and moved on.
I loved working with my Sale Executive and my clients.
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Delta Dental as their Account Manager in The Marketing Department. It was such a satisfying job. I extremly enjoyed working with Variety Accounts and loved explaing to my clients about our Dental Insurance Benefits.
Pros
Servicing my clients.
Cons
I wish I had more clients to service.
temporary position
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 27, 2018
This was a temporary position that i accepted offer for to gain some experience in this field. It was a call center but was not fast paced. I hear it is a great place to work as a full-time permanent employee as they pay well and have great benefits.
customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 21, 2018
relax environment, free dental and vision benefits, medical coverage was ok as well. No overtime available, worked 37 hours a week, the pay wasn't enough for the amount of calls you take
Overall has been an excellent experience in terms of job experience.
Customer Service Representative Level Two (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 16, 2018
Delta provides excellent benefits and a good salary however it needs a lot of improvements in terms of the contact center and claims processing. I have learned a lot and I am thankful for the opportunity.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 29, 2018
Horrible - no work life balance.
There is also no organization in this company
You have benefits, yet no ability to think clearly to use them do to the fact that you are being worked until you can't think clearly.
No consistency.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Delta Dental.

Powered by Comparably