Delta Dental Employee Reviews

Great Pay/Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 10, 2019
Great job with great pay and benefits. Shift starts at 11:30-8pm which can be good or bad depending on your situation. Pretty relaxed environment with paid birthdays holidays and sick and vacations! I would definitely recommend this job to anyone who doesn’t mind taking back to back phone calls and a late shift.
Great Place To Work
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, AROctober 9, 2019
Great place to work, not as adaptive to change as some other up and coming companies are. Unfortunately, some patterns are easily noticed where culture is still stuck in history.
Would not recommend. Poor management and stressful work environment
Dental Advisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIOctober 5, 2019
The work environment at this company is very stressful and unfair grading systems. Very poor management. Staff always feel on the edge like they will lose their jobs at any moment.
No consistency among management, all have different answers, but you have to take dings off your score, yes, an actual scorecard ridiculous,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rossmoyne, PAOctober 5, 2019
Stressful job but mostly from management...they all need to get on the same page, each one at least in CA side have different answers and 1 new one has none.
Then get ready to look foolish when you escalate call to supervisor, they never have the reps back. I don't want to say that it's a bad place to work, because when I first started it
Pros
Learning claims and dental insurance
Cons
Unorganized
fun place but the place is toxic
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2019
New management creates bad atmophere. Everyone is puffing their chest to be the big brown noser. Some people should not be managers. This place is not for anyone who wants to grow a career.
Pros
the people
Cons
the management
Productive, opportunities for volunteer events
Held multiple positions (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 1, 2019
Learned plenty of technical skills and opportunity for project management. Hardest part of my job, always had a full plate of workloads, department is understaffed. Most rewarding is accomplishment of projects completion and skills acquired.
Delta Dental of PR Inc
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRSeptember 28, 2019
La compañía es muy buena pero hay puestos que por el tipo de trabajo ameritan una mejor paga.
Pros
Buenos beneficios salariales
Cons
Poca oportunidad de crecimiento
Productive and rewarding place to work
Deskside Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 27, 2019
They bring in onsite vendors to the office building daily for lunches.

They have tuition reimbursment and encourage career development.

Shuttles are available for employees who want to use public transportation.

Many job positions that offer part time tele-commute/work from home.
Intentional
Professional Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 23, 2019
The company produces a good product. The insurance is competitive to those offered in the same field. The educational experience you receive about the dental industry is phenomenal.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
work life balance
good place to work poor income
Customer Service Trainer (Current Employee) –  farmington hillsSeptember 20, 2019
low pay very low. good environment but ineffective leadership. overly concerned with degrees vs experience so leaders in certain positions aren't helpful.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
low pay
Micro management
Customer Service/Claim Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 14, 2019
There’s to much nit picking, you could have a perfect score card and the manager still find a reason to say something to you. They are on you about everything. U can’t be one minute late or your getting a point. No real breaks giving, and don’t get me started on the rip off of a union we have.
great job, but management is horrible
Enrollment Specialist/Cash Receipts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 12, 2019
The woman I report to is like working for Hitler. She is demanding, inflexible and has poor people skills. She'll be very nice to you when others are around, but when you are one on one with her, she will rip you apart. She is a liar and a bully. She has her favorites which she'll overlook their mistakes; if you make the same mistakes she is unforgiving. She constantly changes her mind on things and expects you to read her mind. Deep down I think she is very insecure. HR is aware of her behavior but nothing changes.
Pros
Good benefits, Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor working culture, no training
Unprofessional and unwelcoming
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 10, 2019
I had never experienced an environment where you were expected to do the work with little to no training. Poor management as well made you feel I welcomed
Not that great of a company to work for
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 4, 2019
Pros
Good benefits, nice coworkers
Cons
Poor working culture, no training
Productive and fun work place.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 4, 2019
I would recommend this company co workers are very kind and helpful. Job is very easy to catch on to. CEO and upper management are very personable there is always an open door policy.
worst Company to work with
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIAugust 28, 2019
Its a night mare working with these people and this company ... haress u if u are not there race .. work culture is worst .... all as*** work here as managers, leads and engineers
Pros
Racism, harass, worst working environment, less pay
Cons
Racism, harass, worst working environment, less pay
Productive workplace
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 25, 2019
Great place to work, I always enjoyed my time and everyone was very kind to me. It was a very calm environment. People in work tend to enjoy happier and healthier lives than those who are not in work.
Stressful and good Pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 24, 2019
They want you as robots, you cant leave your desk only for breaks. if you leave your desk for personal reason, you have to let them know.(phone call) and you cant leave your Floor, cant leave the property for Lunch...good Pay,good Benefits, but very stressful place to work with so "write ups", due to the performance, late coming back for break, on phone, etc. you will be fired!!---huge turn-a-around
Friendly Environment
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Okemos, MIAugust 23, 2019
Staff consists of a highly cohesive environment. Upper management desires to ensure staff is adequately trained. Has been a good experience to date to build on my knowledge base and skill set.
Welp
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 21, 2019
The pros to this place are definitely the pay and all the good benefits. The job itself is quite easy. It seems like a lot with training but overall it's a simple job and you do have plenty of resources to assist you. BUT the atmosphere, for me, is really off. A lot of the employees are really nice but management...hmmm. There's one supervisor that I would feel comfortable talking to if I had an issue or a concern regarding work Just one...and there are, I believe, 8 supervisors there. And the one that I prefer isn't even my supervisor. Everyone else seems to have a bit of a superiority complex and it's a bit foreboding. I've only been working there 2 months. And I generally love helping people and doing customer service but I just don't like the environment. And then if you need assistance and call the help assist line, only a couple of them act like they really want to help. The others kind of dumb you down and act like it's an issue to help you. And all I can ask is why be assistance if you don't want to assist? If I didn't need the money, I wouldn't be staying there. I don't think I've ever hated a job as much as I do this one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight