Delta Dental
61Average

Delta Dental Employee Reviews

United States941 reviews
Executive management not listening to their staff expert opinions leading to questionable decisions. Purchasing items, which should've been leased. Company is well positioned to continue forward.
Pros
Decent compensation package.
Cons
Poor management practices.
Don't recommend. Pay is decent but not worth the stress. Management very unhelpful. Systems outdated. They make it hard to get a good size bonus or to move up in the company. Alot of talking behind each other's backs..
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Everything else
There's a lot of learning opportunities. On a typical day I was responsible for entering patient data from dental claims and other documents within time limits. Verify accuracy and data for errors, incomplete information, and correct any incompatibilities. Sometimes, I had to determine COB and MSP payments responsibility. Management is excellent.
Pros
Overtime, Breaks, Trainings
Cons
Placed there through a employment agency, so I had no benefits. They offer excellent benefits to direct hire employees.
My supervisor is amazing, the culture is great & when I need time off I don’t have a problem getting the time that I need after the first quarter of the year..
Pros
Amazing staff, pay is good, they treat us as if they appreciate us..
Cons
Job seekers rely on your experience.
it wasn't the best work environment. Favoritism and office politics was very paramount. Not a lot of opportunities to advance and very limited career coaching.
This was a great place to work. Co workers were awesome. Room for advancement-i was promoted 3 times in 10 years. Normal hours. Occasional overtime available which was nice.
Pros
Free parking, employee incentive initiatives
Great company the pandemic has shifted some things to much to type here.
I enjoyed workin for this company best job ever due to ministry I had to leav
Pros
Great company
Cons
When we were sent to work at home could have managed it better
Not a lot of support in regards to family. Expectation is to always be available for DDOK. Worked an average of 60+/hrs per week & that still wasn’t enough.
Pros
Expense account
Cons
Extensive travel; heavy case load
I've been working for the company for almost three years and I feel that this company shows no appreciation to the employees for all of the hard work work they've put forth towards too. There's too much favoritism, back stabbing, plotting and doing stuff behind closed doors management and sr lvl management do.
Leadership directive constantly changes. Unclear on what information is needed on assigned tasks. Team work is siloed. No group meetings conducted by the department director to clearly define expectations, changes and how our team can make a difference. Immediate leadership presents new procedures to each individual instead of holding group meetings so everyone understands what changes are taking place.
Pros
Executive Leadership Integrity
Cons
long work hours
Terrible place to work.
Terrible place to get work done.

Dentist is very rude. nasty attitude.

Not cleaned or safe.

Office is just terrible.......
● Work-life balance
Union, his pay, excellent company to work at., great people and great benefits.

● Pay & benefits

Paid sick days, vacation and holidays

● Job security and advancement

Strict policies, but worth it IF you really want to work.

● Management

He believes in open communication.

● Culture

Currently, due to COVID19, permanent and union employees can work from home.

● Overall

I worked at Delta Dental for 12 years, and would've stayed until I retired, but they offered an early retirement incentive that I accepted, then relocated to beautiful Oregon.
Micromanaging is ridiculous. You will not be heard. Managers will not listen and supervisors are clueless. The environment is hostile and the morale is very very low in some departments.
I don't think wages are fair, however, that's pretty much all businesses. So that aside.. everyone there is very old (sorry) and doesn't want to change anything that they do. New ideas to increase efficiency is not welcome and they seem to be a little comfortable in their position - not really earning their paycheck. There's a few managers who cannot keep employee's, which speaks for itself. The location was close to home, so I accepted, but insurance and change resistant people made my job boring and unmotivated. On the plus side, Dental insurance is free, not that it costs a lot.
Pros
Free dental coverage
Cons
A legacy mindset, stunted growth
The benefits are far better than most companies and the pay is competitive. Good people all trying their best. Management is good but not great, they need more leadership training.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, the people
The pay is good for the type of work but that is where the positives end! In the call center all shifts start 1130-8 any advancement will push you backwards. It is union so don't expect an earlier shift anytime soon. The union is there but I have yet to see the benefit. Every issue I've ever brought to them either takes forever to be resolved or I never hear anything back from it. The CEO is a joke! He cusses like a sailer and could care less about his employees. Covid 19 has shown the company's true colors. Their staff is just a # to them and service levels are more important then anything. They are completely defying the governors mandates in PA by not allowing WFH though it is mandated in the state. They claim we are healthcare professionals ... this is a call center, we are not healthcare professionals! The moral of the story... DONT DO IT! Take a few dollars less but work for someone who cares about YOU!
The pay is good for a call center job ... but that is where the positives end. All call center positions start at 11:30-8. If you want to advance you have to go backwards. It is union, so don't expect to get an earlier shift very fast. Union is nice however nothing happens fast ... any issue I've ever brought to their attention has either never been resolved or has taken FOREVER! The companies true colors shown bright during the Covid 19 pandemic. Outdated systems made working from home challenging. They donated millions instead of spending funds to upgrade our systems. All other insurance call centers in the PA area are working from home on the regular. They are completely defying governor orders (which mandate work from home) stating we are healthcare providers and that service levels are more important! We are not healthcare providers - we are a call center! The CEO is a JOKE - he cusses like a sailor and has completely destroyed any positive image most people have of the company. If you want to be just a number whose statistics are more important ... this is the job for you. Basically.... DONT DO IT! Take a job that pays a little less ... you'll be happier in the long run.
Pros
Good Pay, Free Coff
Cons
Lots of OT, No respect for you as a person, all about stats...
I feel very fortunate to have landed at my job at Delta Dental. I work with amazing people and feel my skills have increased during this time period.
Pros
Great hours. Overtime is often available. Excellent co workers.
Cons
We deal with a lot of complaints from the Members (Medi-cal)
Good pay for a call center job. Decent chance to advance even though its more based on politics than performance. Very messed up way of handling unjustified corrective actions with only 2 weeks to appeal which they dont tell you about and very hypocritical goals and metrics. For example they removed handle time as an "official" metric but still have your sups harrass you about it! Also wa
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Company Culture. Metrics and Policy
Good place to work. Excellent pay and unmatched benefits, PTO, etc. Nothing bad to say. Just make sure if you’re in the call center, on the phones, that you handle high stress, fast paced situations well.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, Pto, co-workers
Cons
Communication lacking a bit.
There is constant change in upper management. With that comes different job expectations along with micromanagement. This is the most stressful job ever. No room for advancement unless you have an “in”
Pros
Union benefits are good
Cons
Micromanagement and constant change