Delta Global Services Employee Reviews

They don’t care about the employees
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 21, 2019
No training and you are over worked. A lot of favoritism. They took over the contract in October but still today it’s very unorganized and confusing. Don’t do it you’ll be very unhappy.
Pros
Cons
You can’t travel because you work five days a week. Lack of good leadership and training.
Ok for travel, not for life.
RAMP SUPERVISOR (GSP) (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 21, 2019
In my experience, Upper Management does poorly in understanding the unique operations that take place in each station.

Corporate is completely disconnected from daily operations. HR is not easily accessable, and the training department does not contribute to the station training. Many policies are in writing, but with the disconnect of communication, stations are following the "old ways" from what they were taught years ago.

Employees are never told about how to access the internal company website for vital information.

Employees that are not part of the "popular crowd" are targeted and harrassed. Targeting and favoritism runs rampant, since HR is not on site.

The pay is vastly higher or lower depending on where you work. Experience, size of the operation, station report cards, and job responsibilities are not factored in to earning potential. Instead, earnings are governed by the economic conditions of the city you work in.

Example: I worked in a city 100 miles away in the same state. When I I transfered, I had over 10 years of experience at all levels nationwide, with multiple awards. With all of that, I was passed over for an interview 4 times. The position I wanted to interview for was given to someone who quit after 2 weeks, and then to someone with no experience, but was friends with the person conducting the interviews. In the transfer I lost 41% income, and was offered a meager .35 cents more than a new hire with no experience. Which also put me .15 cents away from reaching a salary cap .50 cents lower than a new hire with no experience at my former station.
Pros
Cheap travel
Cons
Travel is no longer free. It is highly taxed, and deducted from a small paycheck. There is no way to pay for the flight in advance, so employees could actually end up getting a bill for a paycheck instead of income.
Worst place to work!
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 18, 2019
You will meet great people there but the job does not pay enough and NO there is no free flights only discounted !! AND THAT'S ON STANDBY so no guarantee. other than that the job was okay not too bad the
Pros
Honestly nothing but friends around you.flight discounted
Cons
everything
Productive and fun place
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAApril 16, 2019
Delta Global service is a great place to work. It is a fun place to work, very friendly place to work. All employees are nice and helpful and communicate each other wisely.
Passenger Agent (Former Employee) –  GuamApril 15, 2019
Assisting passengers and their property to arrive safely at their destinations. Assisting our passengers at ticket counters to ensure they are properly checked in as well as their luggage. assist in the gate area where passengers’ documents need to be verified prior to boarding their aircraft. Other responsibilities in the gate area include making announcements, checking baggage, and assigning seats
decent
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2019
overall Delta Global Service was a decent place for employment. benefits were great its just the salary could have been a little bit better. while working this job you work with people with different types of disabilities. you just have to find a way to best assist them.
Pros
benefits, tips, amazing breaks
Cons
pay
Not bad working
Baggage Handler/Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 15, 2019
Working with the company for 7 years here and there the company was fun to work for and stressful. Not a bad environment if you're willing to work in all types of weather.
Working for an Airline is a great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 15, 2019
I loved working for an airline it was such a great experience. It was cool to meet new people . Its and ok company to work for people who usually work there stay for years
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
delayed and canceled flights
Too relaxed and poor training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 11, 2019
I believe that Delta Global services can be a better company and pace to work at least in Newport News, VA. there seems to be an air of lack of control on the brink of chaos. The agents need to be held accountable and to a higher standard.
Pros
Flying Benefits
Cons
Pay
Director of Technology (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2019
DGS is a good place to work but the workload can be stressful. The travel benefits allow you to go places you might never have considered and should be fully taken advantage of. Management treats employees with respect and recognizes effort.
fun job
Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAApril 10, 2019
I learned how to work well with others
the management was doing well in organizing schedual and all daily tasks

communication with employers was not a proplem
Delta Global Services
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2019
I spent my time at DAL waiting for airplanes to come in, unload luggage and clean the plane interior. Cleaning the plane involved collecting trash left behind, cleaning the galley areas of the plane as well as the bathrooms.
Dispatcher, ABM-DGS (Former Employee) –  HapevilleApril 10, 2019
The typical day at work can be stressful at times depending on the resources. I work for the Wheelchair Contract with Delta Airlines.
We provide that service as well as assisting connecting unaccompanied minors.
The Management could be better.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to interact with different people everyday.
Dont do it,reconsider
Customer Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 8, 2019
Great job if this isnt your primary source of income. Multimillion dollar equipment all around being serviced by someone making 9$/hr. Motivation gets lax when your employer doesnt invest into you
Pros
Flight privileges
Cons
Pay, leadership, development, advancement
Unpredictable schedules, poor management, minimum wage
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 7, 2019
Training was adequate, advancement in company was extremely difficult and not encouraged, any accidents that occurred were harshly punished and not likely for management to take the employee's side. Benefits were minimal and eventually taken away (cannot speak to current benefit program), pay was minimum wage. Vast majority of coworkers were uneducated, young, and unlikely to speak English (not necessarily a negative thing, but made communication difficult)
Pros
Flight benefits, relaxed environment
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, poor staff
Never a dull moment
Below Wing Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 4, 2019
I enjoyed my time at DGS. AS a station MAnager, I did not get to use the flight benefits as much as assumed I would be able to. I was tethered to an office or a phone. There was no work-life balance. It was all work all the time. The phone never stopped ringing. The management at corporate is always scrutinizing the station scorecard and demanding more with no additional compensation.
Cons
Long Hours
Terrible place to work
Aircraft Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 4, 2019
Hard work is not rewarded and there are many days where you will be under staffed and over worked. Management is a revolving door and very few of the employees actually care about their jobs.
They are horrible, management sucks,
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 4, 2019
If I where are you I would not apply to this company the management is from the old contract they do not know how to push planes out or even bring them in for that matter but their managers. Very, very unorganized, only will hire you in at part time, you have to work overtime just to get 40 hrs and will suspend you for bs and they play major favoritism as long as you kiss they butt.
Pros
Flight benefits til 2020 or 2021
Cons
Management, pay, hours, everything
Fast paced job enviorment
Gate & Counter Agent (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 2, 2019
DGS is a very exciting yet very fast paced job were you can make zero mistakes. One simple mistake can throw off a whole operation causing either an aircraft damage weight and balance issue and many more things there for you have to give your undivided attention the minute you walk into work. Although it is fast pace it is something I would recommend it to anybody who enjoys challenges..
Dgs life
Cabin Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 29, 2019
DGS had so many great things. The main thing that kept me there was my coworkers. I did use my flying benefits and it helped but once they got bought out by another company it was no longer of any value to me because I lived in Orem and traveled to and from SLC airport weekly so my pay was even enough for my Gas to and from home.