Delta Mechanical Employee Reviews

a place where you can learn a lot
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 1, 2018
In charge with inventory allocation and sales and any issues that might arise .
Pace where you have to work with people eye to eye and also have to understand what the customer need
No career advancement/Need to know people to increase
Truck driver / Maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 26, 2018
Need to know people to get hired. If family works there and they have a bad name you automatically get looked at badly. horrible place to work, will never work for delta again.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great people, stressful position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 3, 2018
Most of the employees are easy to work with, just the job itself is very stressful. The technicians that installed the water heaters were often overloaded with jobs and would be very difficult to even get to go do their job. You would have an angry customer asking where their installer was that should have been there 2 hours ago, and then the installer is cussing at you because they are having to work 12+ hour days.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful
horrible management
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 26, 2018
One of the higher managers just screams at you if you don't jump fast enough for them. I was hired to help with multiple departments but only really did work for one until the other department would come in and expect me to drop everything. Totally dysfunctional, they claim no accountability for anything and would not hesitate to rip off a customer.
Pros
Some coworkers were great people
Cons
Everything else
Relaxed office setting
Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Griswold, CTJanuary 5, 2018
As part of a family business I basically operated the office setting. I did accounts payable, accounts receivable, filing, spoke with customers on a daily basis, bank errands, prepared tax forms, etc.
Pros
Family business
Cons
Divorce and company went out of business
No benefits and no chance of advancement
Plumbing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMay 25, 2017
Typical day was going to a customer's house and assist with re-piping the plumbing in the house. Hardest part of the job was the physical labor and the best part of the job was interacting with the customers.
Review
Installation Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 23, 2017
Delta Mechanical was a fun place to work. They valued their customers and employees. Very team oriented company. There are no benefits offered and salary is not as high as it should be.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No benefits
they will work you into the ground..
District Manager Norther Cal (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 18, 2017
I made good money at Delta but I worked my but off for it . Sometimes 80-90 hrs a week. The main office didnt care about personal needs , they just wanted the next job done ..i sometimes worked from 8am to 1am. six days a week..
Pros
Good money
Cons
Never see your family
delta mechanical summary
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 8, 2016
I enjoy working for the company, it does allow me time off to attend school and balance life at home with my family. the pay isn't the greatest, unless you are willing to work late hours...not an hourly job. I do not wish to be a plumber for life, but them being flexible with my schedule and giving me a work truck to drive home makes it convenient place to work.
It's an ok company to work for
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2016
Co-workers are great, but management is very hard to deal with. Don't expect a lot of benefits. Hard to advance. Be ready to be on-call 24\7.
You get out what you put in!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 8, 2016
Delta Mechanical has been an awesome place for me to work for the past several years because you really get what you put in to this company. The people who stay and last at Delta are the ones who are excited to earn money and do their job well and they are rewarded as such. This has left us with such a great team which I think makes the work environment so fun. They know when to be serious and when to have a good time. There is some room for growth, again you get what you give so you have to go for it and make sure they know you want it. Nothing is handed to you at Delta we work for it!
Pros
Fun team environment, free lunches, opportunity and money to be made
Cons
Just don't be late a lot
Overall good company
Self Employed, Sub-contractor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2015
Great company and good management in the beginning with a lot of work. However, in the past couple of years management has declined a lot causing work to slow down a lot.
always learning
hvac dispatcher/ inventory and purchasing (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 14, 2015
Delta is a great place to work, its challenging, and you are always busy. there is always things to do and the employee's are always willing to help each other learn and progress
Dysfunctional
Payroll and Account Receivable Management (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 31, 2015
Dysfunctional operations.
No training provided, I needed to learn on my own on line.
The management acts like Dictator and rules are in place to be followed.
The co-workers are friendly but there is no knowledge selection. The management will hire anyone to do anything.
Good company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa,AZFebruary 17, 2015
Good company to work for. Need to be very competitive in order to get good pay. High employee turnaround, but most people are very nice to work with.
Combination Welder (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 23, 2014
I am asked to tell you about Starcon International and my response to that question is that they are a good company to work fun and good people to be around
Pros
money
Cons
lay-offs
Good sales calls
HVAC Service Technician /Sales (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 22, 2014
Very long drives between calls, 3 to 4 hours, 6 days a week and on call every other weekend. Also no real benefits, medical or dental.
Fun and very productive work environment, Professionalism was excellent within the company.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AzNovember 15, 2014
There was no room for growth. However, it was a great place to work. Reason being it fit my time schedule as well as my other needs and able balance personal life due to such a good schedule.
my daily day at work
Plumber Installer for Home Depot (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 21, 2014
My day starts with checking blueprint to make sure that material is in stock or need to order material for job. next thing layout helpers and make sure they stay busy depending on the day or what need to get done complete job and get ready to call for inspection. A good crew make the job go easier the hardest part of the job is making sure that everything is done right the most enjoyable part of the job is when your done you move on to the next.
Fun place to work
Permits Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 26, 2014
I was the Permits Manager. I worked with Counties and 3 states to pull permits for all water heater replacements, and Heating & Air jobs. I learned how to pull permits, fee costs, and met over the phone a lot of very nice people. My co-workers worked very hard and I worked with a lot of caring people. Most enjoyable part of my job I worked at a fast pace and I could see at the end of the day what I had gotten accomplished. Management let us do our jobs they supported us if we needed them.
Pros
Free lunches and cookouts when we met our goals